Why do you use a fake image?

miroslavglavic

20160613_081713.thumb.png.5b1f180d801bcd83bd946338a4efeb84.png
and
MarkusVoice-OnlineBlack.thumb.png.0f21ac8bda856e3428ac98afda87b71a.png

I use a cartoon image, but the image is of me…without the smile lines of (some years).
If I see a smiling image of (insert model here) or it looks to shiny and new, I may look at the profile, but wont order.
I tend to deal with people I (think I )can see. I hate false representation.
I asked a female voice talent about her microphone and DAW…she had no idea what I was talking about. She came back later and stated that her “friend” set up her studio, which I replied (silence) and moved on.
Fake images/Fake education/Fake experience. Muddies up the fiverr pool of talent. Google is my friend too!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and

I use a cartoon image, but the image is of me…without the smile lines of (some years).

If I see a smiling image of (insert model here) or it looks to shiny and new, I may look at the profile, but wont order.

I tend to deal with people I (think I )can see. I hate false representation.

I asked a female voice talent about her microphone and DAW…she had no idea what I was talking about. She came back later and stated that her “friend” set up her studio, which I replied (silence) and moved on.

Fake images/Fake education/Fake experience. Muddies up the fiverr pool of talent. Google is my friend too!

If I see a smiling image of (insert model here) or it looks to shiny and new

but…but…I’ve seen Beyonce, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez here on Fiverr!!

If I ever need a singing gig, I was hoping to ask them! I mean come on, it’s only $5!!

OK, jokes aside…I just wanted to say I like your Fiverr image. Personally I think your “smile lines” are important, it shows you how much you’ve been smiling all your life 😄

I mostly like the questions you raise but this one has a rather simple answer. People judge others based off looks. I for one was using a logo as my pic for like 2- 3 months simply because I literally didn’t have a good pic of myself. The pic on my profile right now took me 3 parties and 2 professional shoots to get. Additionally, you need to keep in mind race plays a big part as well.

I mostly like the questions you raise but this one has a rather simple answer. People judge others based off looks. I for one was using a logo as my pic for like 2- 3 months simply because I literally didn’t have a good pic of myself. The pic on my profile right now took me 3 parties and 2 professional shoots to get. Additionally, you need to keep in mind race plays a big part as well.

I hope race doesn’t play a big part…

So are you saying given the choice between hiring a freelancer…on Fiverr race is a large factor? How so?

I belive it’s more the ability to communicate effectively, timely and have a portfolio of work (fiverr or otherwise).

I hope race doesn’t play a big part…

So are you saying given the choice between hiring a freelancer…on Fiverr race is a large factor? How so?

I belive it’s more the ability to communicate effectively, timely and have a portfolio of work (fiverr or otherwise).

As bad as it is, it does play a big part - from at least what’ve seen.

A Fiverr seller who is a close friend of mine is light brown, looks very Pakistani and is not what many would consider an attractive guy along with his real name which I will not share. Naturally, me saying all this about him makes me sound like a very bad person and I know that.

So, he was using his own profile pic for a while which surprisingly lead to him not getting any orders and the only order he got were relatively low paying jobs from India and Pakistan. I recommended him to delete his old account and make a new one with an American name and use a pic of any female relative that has a fair skin tone.

Everything else was entirely the same even the about and gig descriptions. He started getting a lot more orders that actually paid a fair amount.

Again, in no way am I saying that was the right thing to do and I fully accept that but ignoring the fact that people judge you on your looks and origin is extremely naive. After he gained some reviews to justify his skills he went back to using his own pic.

It’s bad but necessary. I’m part of a rather big network of Asian freelancers and this happens a lot more than you think. Some of our female sellers are pretty much harassed which actually causes them to use a male pic which in turn annoys the hell outta me.

Either way, racism exists everywhere. You can try to hide it but it’s still there and it’s not going away anytime soon.

Sorry for the long post.

NO ONE GET OFFENDED PLEASE

A Fiverr seller who is a close friend of mine is light brown, looks very Pakistani and is not what many would consider an attractive guy along with his real name which I will not share. Naturally, me saying all this about him makes me sound like a very bad person and I know that.

So, he was using his own profile pic for a while which surprisingly lead to him not getting any orders and the only order he got were relatively low paying jobs from India and Pakistan. I recommended him to delete his old account and make a new one with an American name and use a pic of any female relative that has a fair skin tone.

Everything else was entirely the same even the about and gig descriptions. He started getting a lot more orders that actually paid a fair amount.

Again, in no way am I saying that was the right thing to do and I fully accept that but ignoring the fact that people judge you on your looks and origin is extremely naive. After he gained some reviews to justify his skills he went back to using his own pic.

It’s bad but necessary. I’m part of a rather big network of Asian freelancers and this happens a lot more than you think. Some of our female sellers are pretty much harassed which actually causes them to use a male pic which in turn annoys the hell outta me.

Either way, racism exists everywhere. You can try to hide it but it’s still there and it’s not going away anytime soon.

Sorry for the long post.

Not true at all…as an Indian seller I have been on Fiverr for 3 years, done 3300 orders, had over 1000 clients - not once, not once have I experienced racism. I just don’t believe racism is such a big factor in the modern world, people have moved on from those days. They just don’t care, they just want to know if you can do their work or not.

Not true at all…as an Indian seller I have been on Fiverr for 3 years, done 3300 orders, had over 1000 clients - not once, not once have I experienced racism. I just don’t believe racism is such a big factor in the modern world, people have moved on from those days. They just don’t care, they just want to know if you can do their work or not.

I’ll be frank, you’re a rather good looking dude. It’s all right if you don’t agree with me because as I said, my claim was based on my observation and experience.

I’ll be frank, you’re a rather good looking dude. It’s all right if you don’t agree with me because as I said, my claim was based on my observation and experience.

What do looks have to do with that? You mean to say that racists don’t target so-called “good looking” people who are of a different race/ethnicity/nationality? You are confused. I repeat, there is NO racism on Fiverr. I have NEVER experienced racism ever in my life despite working for mostly US/European/Australian clients. It does not happen. And thank God for that!

What do looks have to do with that? You mean to say that racists don’t target so-called “good looking” people who are of a different race/ethnicity/nationality? You are confused. I repeat, there is NO racism on Fiverr. I have NEVER experienced racism ever in my life despite working for mostly US/European/Australian clients. It does not happen. And thank God for that!

I meant it’s hard to tell what race you’re from, ok?

Sorry for the long post.

It might have less to do with race as… what’s that new Tumblr term? Looks-ism? Attractive people are more likely to get noticed as opposed to not so attractive people.

That’s not to say race has no role at all, I am pretty sure there are many people who are buyers who refuse to buy from someone of a certain skin tone. I don’t know why anyone would care, but some, a very small percentage (Got to point that out now) a VERY small minority, does care. But it’s in all areas too.

Fiverr is a really diverse place with people of all creeds, religions, s****l orientations, and skin tones, so I doubt too many people really focus as race as opposed to looks. Most people probably don’t care either way as long as the work gets done and people can write well for their gig descriptions.

There’s certainly bias to buy from people from your own cultural circle. And why not.

you’re a rather good looking dude

@ssj1236 More importantly, it’s a good looking picture. I am truly puzzled by the photographs many sellers from your corner of the world use. The expressionless ones with the blue background? Maybe they work for passports and FBI’s Most Wanted posters (they really look like mugshots) but they are a horrid way to make a good first, visual impression.

There’s certainly bias to buy from people from your own cultural circle. And why not.

you’re a rather good looking dude

@ssj1236 More importantly, it’s a good looking picture. I am truly puzzled by the photographs many sellers from your corner of the world use. The expressionless ones with the blue background? Maybe they work for passports and FBI’s Most Wanted posters (they really look like mugshots) but they are a horrid way to make a good first, visual impression.

Yep, it’s one of the craziest things my people do and the reason will shock you!

Basically, those are the pics students and job applicants use to make their university/college ID cards as well as the pic they put on their resume. It’s cringy but they consider it a professional move. Thank you for bringing this up.

P.S

On a scale of 1 - 10 how good would you rank my pic?

Mod Note: Please note, the other side/off-topic discussion was moved to it’s own thread. Feel free to continue here: Maketing/Non-Fiverr/Other | Moved to Separate Thread for Topic

Also there are many sellers using female stock images and other woman images as their fiverr profile image. I personally know few logo designers (Men) here on fiverr using female images as their profile images. They are feeling like having beautiful female profile pic will grab some buyers attention.

I personally using my brand ‘B’ letter with Balubfa12 logo style image as for my profile pic. Soon i am planning to register my logo.

I personally know few logo designers (Men) here on fiverr using female images as their profile images. They are feeling like having beautiful female profile pic will grab some buyers attention.

I am using my brand ‘B’ letter with Balubfa12 logo style image as for my profile pic. Soon i am planning to register my logo.

Yep, it’s one of the craziest things my people do and the reason will shock you!

Basically, those are the pics students and job applicants use to make their university/college ID cards as well as the pic they put on their resume. It’s cringy but they consider it a professional move. Thank you for bringing this up.

P.S

On a scale of 1 - 10 how good would you rank my pic?

Mod Note: Please note, the other side/off-topic discussion was moved to it’s own thread. Feel free to continue here: Maketing/Non-Fiverr/Other | Moved to Separate Thread for Topic

I shot mine - minus the colour treatment - for a student ID card, so there’s that 😉 (yes, it’s a bit dated)

No rating but your image looks like that photograph… happened during leisure time activities. Don’t know whether that’s good or bad.

tumblr

Never poked into that side of Tumblr. I used it to follow a bunch of photographers and for ease of blogging, integrated in my old website.

Works really well, saying I am the only person actually publishing in this particular fetish. There are some stories online, and it has a huge cult following, but I have to be the only one out of maybe two people marketing it.

So you can say I have a monopoly here

Why do they think it has to be a female in the photo? Do they think all buyers are men who can’t resist a picture of a girl? Half the buyers are women here and probably spend more money on the site than men do.

IN the U.S. women are 80% of all consumers— 8 out of 10 purchases are made by women in the world’s largest and richest consumer society. So it’s stupid to put a picture of a pretty girl as a profile photo.

It just shows a mindset in a male oriented culture and maybe in their own culture pictures of pretty girls are scarce.

Why do they think it has to be a female in the photo? Do they think all buyers are men who can’t resist a picture of a girl? Half the buyers are women here and probably spend more money on the site than men do.

IN the U.S. women are 80% of all consumers— 8 out of 10 purchases are made by women in the world’s largest and richest consumer society. So it’s stupid to put a picture of a pretty girl as a profile photo.

It just shows a mindset in a male oriented culture and maybe in their own culture pictures of pretty girls are scarce.

Half the buyers are women here and probably spend more money on the site than men do.

Maybe there’s a belief that they will get along better with another woman? Or that they will trust a woman more than they would trust a man?

do they think it has to be a female in the photo? Do they think all buyers are men who can’t resist a picture of a girl? Half the buyers are women here and probably spend more money on the site than men do.

Thanks you! I couldn’t have said it better, myself.

I’m part of that 80% and a pretty girl of any nationality has zero effect on my desire to purchase. Yes, I have hired women seller, they happen to use their real photo or an illustration. I’ve yet to hire a model, actress, or hot looking stock photo.

How do I know the girls that I work with are real? Almost all, except one, participate on this forum and I’ve reverse search them.

I think people forget that women actually make money and spend money.

Half the buyers are women here and probably spend more money on the site than men do.

Maybe there’s a belief that they will get along better with another woman? Or that they will trust a woman more than they would trust a man?

Maybe the. re’s a belief that they will get along better with another woman? Or that they will trust a woman more than they would trust a man?

😆

You and I both know that’s not true. The misconception that exists is, well, laughable.

Archived