Help me understand. About remote desktop (RDP), team viewer. and the likes

Guest phantompower

Guest phantompower

So I always try to help out when I can but today it’s me who is looking for help. I have googled and researched but did not find the info I was looking for. So I am considering using team viewer to download some stuff and control my home pc while I am away. So my question is do I need super fast internet? If I download like 500mb from 1 pc do I require the same number of bytes when I cut the file and paste it to the other pc?

Guest phantompower

Hello @phantompower,

Few times I sent files trough Teamviewer from PC to PC. The speed of internet on PC how receive files are about 30mb/sec and on sender PC is about 50mb/sec. This is my experiences, I hope that this can help you in your question.

Meaning I’d be better of downloading the files from one pc and using them instead of transferring using team viewer.

Guest phantompower

I m not sure that understand your answer, but if you don’t have any other faster option, you can use Teamviewer. I think that is the slowest option to transfer files.

Thank you, that clears everything up

Guest phantompower

You are welcome.

I m glad if I help you with that information.

Best regards! 🙂

I was just confused. My pc has internet speed 10mbps. When I travel I use my laptop and the internet is so terrible it hits 512kb. So I was thinking that I could use team viewer to download things from my pc at home then copy paste to my laptop. I thought that it would be faster that way.

You can use OneDrive or Pushbullet remote files if you’re​ trying to transfer files one pc to another. Remote desktop/TeamViewer/ultraviewers aren’t recommend to transfer files. These are better for controlling pc when you’re outside.

I was just confused. My pc has internet speed 10mbps. When I travel I use my laptop and the internet is so terrible it hits 512kb. So I was thinking that I could use team viewer to download things from my pc at home then copy paste to my laptop. I thought that it would be faster that way.

I told you “I think that is the slowest option to transfer files.”. So, maybe is better to use advice from @n4y33m about transferring files.

Archived