How much do I get? Fiverr's cut?

miroslavglavic

So let’s say I was providing a service like (as an example) register a domain for anyone that orders the gig. I have been a buyer so far on fiverr.

I noticed the processing fee on my orders, is that Fiverr’s cut?

I see prices in Canadian Dollars but let’s use US Dollars…

Let’s say I price $5, Fiverr’s processing fee is going to be let’s say $1, so buyer will be charged $6. How much do I get? Because I am going to register the domain for the buyer. If the domain is costing $4 and Fiverr takes $2 then out of $6, I would get $4 and no profit.

I am using domain buying as an example as in my day job I do purchase domains for clients who don’t want to do it themselves.

What is the % Fiverr takes in? Is it only the processing fee? or is that for what paypal/mastercard/visa/etc…charges them then Fiverr takes something extra for their fee.

I understand Fiverr takes a fee, just like any business that wants to make money. When I purchase a t-shirt for $100 and pay with mastercard, the clothing store won’t see $100. mastercard gets let’s say $3 and the clothing store gets $97.

So if I was charging $100, I would get $80 and the buyer pays the processing fee? only $20 gets reduced? The processing fee comes out of the buyer’s wallet and not my $100?

So if I was charging $100, I would get $80 and the buyer pays the processing fee? only $20 gets reduced? The processing fee comes out of the buyer’s wallet and not my $100?

Correct. Keep in mind that some gig categories require you to provide something that starts at $5 and when you are new as a seller (no reviews) you would need to have something you could sell at $5-10 no matter the category. Most buyers won’t risk a larger order with a new seller. There is a workaround that is wise to do anyway - if you have a service that would start at $100 but you can find a way to bring it up into a series of smaller orders, that is useful and lower risk.

When you’ve established a reputation, then you can charge more and buyers will be much more likely to have an interest.

Correct. Keep in mind that some gig categories require you to provide something that starts at $5 and when you are new as a seller (no reviews) you would need to have something you could sell at $5-10 no matter the category. Most buyers won’t risk a larger order with a new seller. There is a workaround that is wise to do anyway - if you have a service that would start at $100 but you can find a way to bring it up into a series of smaller orders, that is useful and lower risk.

When you’ve established a reputation, then you can charge more and buyers will be much more likely to have an interest.

I just said $100 to make the math easier.

I just said $100 to make the math easier.

@miroslavglavic I understood it was an example. It’s quite feasible to charge $100 (or much more) at some point, though. Some sellers stay to the $5 model with micro-jobs for the long term and some don’t. So, I kept your example to explain how you could build up but the percentage would remain 20%. 🙂

• 9 months later...

e gig categories require you to provide something that starts at $5 and when you are new as a seller (no reviews) you would need to have something you could sell at $5-10 no matter the category. Most buyers won’t risk a larger order with a new seller. There is a workaround that is wise to do anyway - if you have a service that would start at $100 but you can find a way to bring it up into a series of smaller orders, that is useful and lower risk.

When you’ve established a reputation, then you

I just got my first payment and it’s only 80% of what i charged (fiverr took it’s cut) but the cut came out of my pocket… not the buyers???

• 2 years later...

@miroslavglavic I understood it was an example. It’s quite feasible to charge $100 (or much more) at some point, though. Some sellers stay to the $5 model with micro-jobs for the long term and some don’t. So, I kept your example to explain how you could build up but the percentage would remain 20%. 🙂

Can you explain my question, please? If I get $50 order for my one gig then Fiverr will cut 20%. So, if I get 2 orders like $25 & $25 from my 2 related services gigs then will Fiverr cut 20% & 20% from my 2 gigs order. As a new seller, I want review for my every gig. Now, My question was what will be wiser decision to take as a new seller, receive payment from 2 different gigs($25 & $25) or receive payment from 1 gig($50)?

Can you explain my question, please? If I get $50 order for my one gig then Fiverr will cut 20%. So, if I get 2 orders like $25 & $25 from my 2 related services gigs then will Fiverr cut 20% & 20% from my 2 gigs order. As a new seller, I want review for my every gig. Now, My question was what will be wiser decision to take as a new seller, receive payment from 2 different gigs($25 & $25) or receive payment from 1 gig($50)?

@bornomala2030 it doesn’t matter. If you do math you’ll see that’s the same amount.

Archived