Subcategorized Gigs Sell 50% more!

natalieab

Now that the Subcategories have been up for a while, we’ve been analyzing it’s impact on your sales.

What we found is that subcategorized Gigs sell 50% more than Gigs that are not in a subcategory.

I wanted to share this with you since I’ve seen many Gigs that have not yet been placed in a subcategory. I’ve heard from some sellers that not all of their Gigs fit into a single subcategory. So for example, let’s say that you offer a design Gig for Logos and business cards.

What should you do? Divide to conquer!

Break that Gig out into 2:

1. Focused on logo designs and place under the Logo subcategory.
  2. Focused on designs for business cards.

Make sure not to duplicate your Gig! Change the titles, tags and graphics to represent each speciality. This will help you spread your services out to appear in more niche categories and improve your Gig’s searchability on the site.

50% is no joke! If you haven’t yet assigned your Gigs to subcategories, or haven’t put much thought behind your Gig’s subcategory, you need to get on it!

• 1 year later...

This explains it all. I mean, many old gigs with thousands of positive reviews are being outranked by new gigs with 1 review (when sorting by High Rating). This has been happening for the last 2 or 3 days.

Fiverr 3.0 is out, so maybe the gigs are being reindexed. I remember whith Fiverr 2.0 it was the same, gigs all over the place and after a few days they were in the right place.

Let’s hope this is the case. 🙂

Guest laughingcrow

Reply to @s_sayan: It’s possible that this because of the time of reviews. I believe that it looks at the reviews in the last 30 days. It might be it then sorts by positive reviews that were left most recently.

Archived