So, how did you find your sellers on Fiverr?

gina_riley2

I wonder where the free advertising on social media thing actually came from

It’s free advertising for Fiverr ;). A seller can advertise their gig, and let’s say someone takes the bait. Perhaps after reading through the gig, it’s not quite what they wanted, but they’re on the site so they check out another gig. The biggest issue is that many people promoting on social media don’t have a clue what they’re doing–even Fiverr hasn’t mastered social media (see: PDP fiasco with banned prophets and other religious lols), so that’s not a criticism, more a simple fact: social media advertising is easy to do badly, but getting it right is a whole other ball game.

@writer99025, just write. You appear to be quite competent in this area, so its a case of writing and not stopping to tweak everything. You can always edit later! Generally speaking, it’s best to set an amount of words to write daily and meet/exceed that. As for the start, again, just write. Not all stories are born perfectly formed. I always used to start with a dramatic scene then build around that.

But it’s easier for someone to say “write about snow blowers plz” and just write about snow blowers, so.

It’s free advertising for Fiverr 😉.

I figured as much. Just because I clicked on the link because I was curious doesn’t mean I am going to buy from that seller. I could very well explore the million and one other gigs and forget all about the original soul that got me to Fiverr.

@writer99025, just write.

@writer99025: Now you have two confirmation!! 🙂

It was a myth.

not by just continually posting your gigs to all your friends who have probably turned off notifications anyway

There is actually a training guide of sort that gives lessons on how to advertise on twitter.

If I recall, the key is to post interesting quotes or saying from current or historical figures, post paintings/pictures/etc. that are of interest to your followers/friends to keep them engaged. Post only once in a while something about your business - something to that effect.

I tweet different books once a week. I tweet other people’s books, covers, stories, etc. more than my own - complimenting the ones I like. They typically return the favor. I’m not sure how many of my buyers came from social media.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

…all beer tastes like shit

You’re drinking the wrong type of beer! 🍻

I have some ideas to add on why self promotion is still recommended, but I don’t know if it fits here or in a tip post.

I’d say a tip post for sellers would be better!!

What do you mean wrong type of beer?

Someone sold me this, they told me it’s a really high quality rare brand of beer called Moo Beer:

glass-of-milk-000005523842large-21.thumb.jpg.366b57ad95e42366e6c430d5590c896a.jpg

I’ve been drinking this beer for over a year now. The taste is not very exquisite but there are no hangovers, so that’s a plus point.

What do you mean wrong type of beer?

Someone sold me this, they told me it’s a really high quality rare brand of beer called Moo Beer:

I’ve been drinking this beer for over a year now. The taste is not very exquisite but there are no hangovers, so that’s a plus point.

Someone gave me this, they told me it’s a really high quality rare brand of beer called Moo Beer:

Ha! Ha! Ha! 😂

You crack me up!!!

You, DJ & Cap are on top of my list as the funniest on FIVERR!! Love your sense of humor!!

Actually I am a buyer. Ive had only one seller that I have used maybe 30 times at 60 dollars a pop for about a year. My job request was basic cut and paste image links into an excel spreadsheet. I liked the seller because he understood about all the steps needed. However he gave me a real sob story on how poor he was and he cant find work. So I kind of sent him a lot of work in the beginning because he told me he wanted to sell on ebay. So I sent a lot of work so he could save to buy some products, The average salary in his country is about 350.00 dollars a month. Ive been paying him American scale. But as we worked together he was telling me what he was doing with all the money. It was like the guy was on vacation. I work full time and dont have a lot of time to do this extra work and I was trying to help him with a good turn. So I told him, dude Ive been knocking myself out giving you work so you could build a foundation for your ebay business and he said, but I dont want to do that. I have enough work on fiverr. But everytime he needs money he emails me for work. He does a great job but I could get the same here where I live.
Obviously I feel a bit used, not a big deal but Im not really sure how to find a good seller to do data entry after this. Im assuming that the prices they should be charging will be in line with the average wage they would get in their own county ? Is that how it works? I have a new ebay business and quite frankly I cant afford to pay 10 dollars an hour to paste images into an excel sheet. If that is the case I could just find some college kid in my area to do it. What should I expect and what should I look for in a seller? I emailed one seller that advertises data entry yesterday amd she said she will give me a quote but I never heard back.

Actually I am a buyer. Ive had only one seller that I have used maybe 30 times at 60 dollars a pop for about a year. My job request was basic cut and paste image links into an excel spreadsheet. I liked the seller because he understood about all the steps needed. However he gave me a real sob story on how poor he was and he cant find work. So I kind of sent him a lot of work in the beginning because he told me he wanted to sell on ebay. So I sent a lot of work so he could save to buy some products, The average salary in his country is about 350.00 dollars a month. Ive been paying him American scale. But as we worked together he was telling me what he was doing with all the money. It was like the guy was on vacation. I work full time and dont have a lot of time to do this extra work and I was trying to help him with a good turn. So I told him, dude Ive been knocking myself out giving you work so you could build a foundation for your ebay business and he said, but I dont want to do that. I have enough work on fiverr. But everytime he needs money he emails me for work. He does a great job but I could get the same here where I live.

Obviously I feel a bit used, not a big deal but Im not really sure how to find a good seller to do data entry after this. Im assuming that the prices they should be charging will be in line with the average wage they would get in their own county ? Is that how it works? I have a new ebay business and quite frankly I cant afford to pay 10 dollars an hour to paste images into an excel sheet. If that is the case I could just find some college kid in my area to do it. What should I expect and what should I look for in a seller? I emailed one seller that advertises data entry yesterday amd she said she will give me a quote but I never heard back.

Oh by the way I opened a new account under this name, kind of a fresh start, in case you dont see any history, thats why.

Personally, I avoid sellers who have sob stories - this isn’t the X-Factor - people should charge what they want to earn and buyers should choose based on what they are willing to pay for the service they require.

Of course the buyer should expect a cost/product quality ratio in some cases.

I have used a virtual assistant for repetitive tasks like you mention. He offers 3 hours for $5 and when the job is done properly I tip him - which is every time.

Do I feel guilty about paying someone a lower wage than they would get in Ireland for the same task? NO! Average rent of an apartment in the city center of his capital city is approx a fifth of what I pay to live in the middle of nowhere! I am also paying double what he asks for. If he says a task will take more time than I think, then I usually go with him on it too but I am fairly good at judging this.

Message me for his name if you like but there are many others out there too.

Personally, I avoid sellers who have sob stories - this isn’t the X-Factor - people should charge what they want to earn and buyers should choose based on what they are willing to pay for the service they require.

Of course the buyer should expect a cost/product quality ratio in some cases.

I have used a virtual assistant for repetitive tasks like you mention. He offers 3 hours for $5 and when the job is done properly I tip him - which is every time.

Do I feel guilty about paying someone a lower wage than they would get in Ireland for the same task? NO! Average rent of an apartment in the city center of his capital city is approx a fifth of what I pay to live in the middle of nowhere! I am also paying double what he asks for. If he says a task will take more time than I think, then I usually go with him on it too but I am fairly good at judging this.

Message me for his name if you like but there are many others out there too.

Thank you for the response, I agree, I certainly would not want to try and take advantage of anyone, I too pay well ( what you pay with tip for three hours is what I was paying this guy for one hour) but I dont want to pay triple of what the average charge is. From what I have read, having a consistent return buyer, that you have experience with and can trust would be a big value, at least to me it would be if I were a seller.

I figured I would get at least one of these. Thank you and thank you for not adding more.

I apologize for the harsh comment, I have withdrawn it. But the point is, you have to take care of yourself first. You can’t afford to worry about the whole world. Don’t try to do charity when you are doing business.

Thank you for the response, I agree, I certainly would not want to try and take advantage of anyone, I too pay well ( what you pay with tip for three hours is what I was paying this guy for one hour) but I dont want to pay triple of what the average charge is. From what I have read, having a consistent return buyer, that you have experience with and can trust would be a big value, at least to me it would be if I were a seller.

having a consistent return buyer, that you have experience with and can trust would be a big value

Absolutely, it is also good for the buyer to have a seller they can trust. I appreciate my regulars and they appreciate me. I know I can ask them for extra time if I have other work to do, they know that if they need something in a hurry they can ask and I will try to accommodate them as one example.

With respect, what you were paying was a charitable donation as @writer99025 said, if you want to change the world then you should pay the going rates for business and give the savings to a registered, accountable charity or you know, you could go on vacation or something 😃

Dear Paper:

Here’s my take on the scenario you presented.

Your only considerations in making a purchase should be competence, professionalism, and value.

Consider this scenario:

You are charged with Driving While Impaired (DWI).

Attorney A seems like a good choice because his name comes first in the yellow pages and he claims that he graduated top of his class at Lawyer State University. He’ll take your case for only $500 and pledges that he will be your pitbull for as long as it takes.

However, every judge and attorney in the state hates him, and they are all baffled that he still hasn’t been disbarred yet. The results of working with attorney A are:

1. you are convicted with felony DUI
  2. you are no longer eligible to vote in your state
  3. your sentence is 18 months in county lockup, with 6 years probation when you get out, so you cannot return to your chosen profession, and your mug shot appears in the local newspaper
  4. you lose your job
  5. you lose your house
  6. you lose your car
  7. your wife leaves you
  8. your wife denies you child visitation
  9. your cellmate admires Shillinger from Oz
  10. you are stuck with a $10,000 fine, plus court fees, plus interest

The other option is attorney Mason Perry, who is connected and well respected, because he is golfing buddies with every ADA in the jurisdiction in which you’ve been charged, and for the past 20 years, like clockwork, he has given the judge who has been assigned your case a bottle of 20-year-old Scotch for Christmas. By the way, he’s connected with the court clerks, which is how that particular judge got assigned your case in the first place.

His retainer is $10,000, and he does not give refunds for pleading out the case early.

The results of working with Mason Perry are:

1. no felony conviction, you plead out to a misdemeanor
  2. 6 months probation
  3. 100 hours community service
  4. no one ever finds out you were even charged
  5. you keep your job
  6. you keep your house
  7. you keep your wife and kids
  8. you pay a $500 fine, but no court fees or interest

Given this scenario, are you going to choose the $500 attorney or the $10,000 attorney? Will you care AT ALL that because Mason Perry is so connected and well respected that he worked out this deal with 3 15-minute phone calls? Do you care what the average attorney earns in the country where Mason Perry lives?

So, to sum up, in my humble opinion, the key consideration in choosing a Seller on Fiverr is, do they provide the minimum value, professionalism, and competence you require?

In my opinion, your Seller’s aspirations and life goals shouldn’t really be something that matters to you, so long as they do quality work on time, and don’t pester your for money because “they need money this week.”

Good luck,

Blaise

Dear Paper:

Your only considerations in making a purchase should be competence, professionalism, and value.

Consider this scenario:

Attorney A seems like a good choice because his name comes first in the yellow pages and he claims that he graduated top of his class at Lawyer State University. He’ll take your case for only $500 and pledges that he will be your pitbull for as long as it takes.

However, every judge and attorney in the state hates him, and they are all baffled that he still hasn’t been disbarred yet. The results of working with attorney A are:

3. your sentence is 18 months in county lockup, with 6 years probation when you get out, so you cannot return to your chosen profession, and your mug shot appears in the local newspaper
  4. you lose your job
  5. you lose your house
  6. you lose your car
  7. your wife leaves you

The other option is attorney Mason Perry, who is connected and well respected, because he is golfing buddies with every ADA in the jurisdiction in which you’ve been charged, and for the past 20 years, like clockwork, he has given the judge who has been assigned your case a bottle of 20-year-old Scotch for Christmas. By the way, he’s connected with the court clerks, which is how that particular judge got assigned your case in the first place.

His retainer is $10,000, and he does not give refunds for pleading out the case early.

2. 6 months probation
  5. you keep your job
  6. you keep your house

Given this scenario, are you going to choose the $500 attorney or the $10,000 attorney? Will you care AT ALL that because Mason Perry is so connected and well respected that he worked out this deal with 3 15-minute phone calls? Do you care what the average attorney earns in the country where Mason Perry lives?

So, to sum up, in my humble opinion, the key consideration in choosing a Seller on Fiverr is, do they provide the minimum value, professionalism, and competence you require?

In my opinion, your Seller’s aspirations and life goals shouldn’t really be something that matters to you, so long as they do quality work on time, and don’t pester your for money because “they need money this week.”

Good luck,

Blaise

However, if I was hiring a lawyer for a copy and paste job, I would definitely go with Attorney A.

I really enjoyed The Sopranos too. Until it left me hanging in an artistic way.

Dear Emmaki:

But it was all worth it when Everybody Hates Chris parodied the series finale of The Sopranos for their series finale…

I still haven’t seen Season 6 of The Sopranos – PLEASE, no spoilers!

Sincerely,

Blaise

Dear Emmaki:

But it was all worth it when Everybody Hates Chris parodied the series finale of The Sopranos for their series finale…

I still haven’t seen Season 6 of The Sopranos – PLEASE, no spoilers!

Sincerely,

Blaise

Tony is shot in a hail of bullets on Valentines day in Chicago…while doing copy and paste in an excel sheet, oddly enough…

Dear Paper:

Consider this scenario:

4. you lose your job
  5. you lose your house
  6. you lose your car
  7. your wife leaves you

2. 6 months probation
  5. you keep your job
  6. you keep your house

Good luck,

Blaise

you are right, liberal guilt here.

I apologize for the harsh comment, I have withdrawn it. But the point is, you have to take care of yourself first. You can’t afford to worry about the whole world. Don’t try to do charity when you are doing business.

I think i heard that from Mark Cuban on TV too, forgot about it until you just said it. thanks everyone i needed to hear all the advice.

Archived