Troubleshooting: ORDER STATUS ‘INCOMPLETE’ – How to help your buyer to get it to ‘IN PROGRESS’ (or: The Trouble with T̶r̶i̶b̶b̶l̶e̶s̶ Gig Requirements)

miiila

lol yes, lots of good tips, for instance, if you´re coming to Germany on your Europe in 7 days trip or so, put on a Jack Wolfskin jacket, Birkenstocks and keep a Jägermeister in one or both hands all the time and you totally will look like a local.

But, yes…completely tribbleless 😕

[edit: If you wonder why this post doesn´t make any sense, it made sense until the post above got deleted. That is, in so far as my posts make sense in the first place. However, I do not usually talk to myself. Well, not on the forum and in written form either way.]

Read this with someone by my side… Began laughing so hard, that I wondered what must be going through the person’s mind. Thank God it was family, not a stranger.

@topic: Really very useful post. I personally had to figure a way around this, and once got a buyer asking me why he needed to answer all those questions (**NOTE:**I do have about 3 compulsory requirements, 1 optional one, and then the one from fiverr). We had discussed through the inbox first so I had to explain that it doesn’t matter, fiverr still requires you fill out the instructions. Took him over 15 minutes, plus lots of explanation, to get him to understand what to do.

So, now I just use some similar message to what you posted above.

“Hello {username},

Thanks for your order. Please, you’ll have to fill in the buyer requirements to get it completed. Otherwise, it doesn’t count. I realize we might have discussed most of those requirements, but take this as an opportunity to reinforce your instructions. Thanks.”

Works like magic!!!

I had an order that didn´t come through. The only requirement I had back then was to attach a file.
I tried everything, order incomplete. They told me they had attached the file, I could read in and between the lines they were getting miffed with me. I went to CS. They told me to send those 2 links and to explain to them. They said they had attached the file. CS told me to give them that personal link to their order page. They told me they had sent the file. Order still incomplete. Finally CS said they´d look into it. The buyer had tried to send a file with two ‘.’ in the filename.
But I didn´t put that in the instructions, because I think and hope it doesn´t happen often enough to make the instructions longer than need be. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,.

when the buyer was order some gig, the new feature was add in fiver because some times buyer order the gig
they didn’t provide a enough information for the order and when the seller was show the message so it could not
perfect information for the order so, seller was set the all question for the order requirement, so when the buyer was
order and we have to answer the all requirement other wise the order was not start,

Thanks

Hello,.

when the buyer was order some gig, the new feature was add in fiver because some times buyer order the gig

they didn’t provide a enough information for the order and when the seller was show the message so it could not

perfect information for the order so, seller was set the all question for the order requirement, so when the buyer was

order and we have to answer the all requirement other wise the order was not start,

Thanks

Hello,.

when the buyer was order some gig, the new feature was add in fiver because some times buyer order the gigthey didn’t provide a enough information for the order and when the seller was show the message so it could not perfect information for the order so, seller was set the all question for the order requirement, so when the buyer was order and we have to answer the all requirement other wise the order was not start,

Thanks

@miiila did you really understand any of those?😕 I’m trying to, so please feel free to help me out here.

Hello,.

when the buyer was order some gig, the new feature was add in fiver because some times buyer order the gigthey didn’t provide a enough information for the order and when the seller was show the message so it could not perfect information for the order so, seller was set the all question for the order requirement, so when the buyer was order and we have to answer the all requirement other wise the order was not start,

Thanks

@miiila did you really understand any of those?😕 I’m trying to, so please feel free to help me out here.

I very freely interpreted it in the sense of that there was no order requirement feature some time back in the old days, like there was no tip feature and people made tip gigs. My interpretation may or may not be correct, but it made sense somewhat and let me sleep soundly.

• 1 month later...

Hm, for some reason I sadly can´t edit the OP anymore (Guess that´s only possible within a certain timeframe? Mods?)

so attaching 2 useful screenshots concerning this issue here:

How it looks like for the Seller:

order_incomplete.thumb.png.e3e92e0a4d183fff1ec5a61b1f837fc1.png

To help your Buyer find the Gig Requirement Page:

screenshot_order_status_incomplete.thumb.png.2ee7019c06610375fa105fb0c405e200.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest codershub

When buyer order gig then we have to answer the all requirements to start the order otherwise order will not be started.

Thanks!

I remember about a particular situation with an incomplete gig that remained incomplete for months - I kept sending all kinds of messages to find out what the problem might be, never replied though. Eventually I asked CS to cancel that order, and after a while that buyer contacts me and tells me his mother had died 😦 I felt so bad…

I remember about a particular situation with an incomplete gig that remained incomplete for months - I kept sending all kinds of messages to find out what the problem might be, never replied though. Eventually I asked CS to cancel that order, and after a while that buyer contacts me and tells me his mother had died 😦 I felt so bad…

Yes, it´s always good to keep in mind that big things can happen, and also, that sometimes there are misunderstandings.

My own example - I had sent an offer to a regular customer, it just sat there

(‘not accepted’ status though,not ‘not accepted/requirements-not-sent’, so slightly OT but still fits),

but I knew he wouldn´t have any problems with the ‘technical side of things’ whatsoever and was used to the way Fiverr operates, (also, we´re not supposed to message buyers we don´t have active orders with, because, spam) so I just assumed he´s busy or something happened so he doesn´t have time for that atm and let it be.

A lot of time later, he very politely and friendly messaged me because he was wondering that it took me so long 👀 shock lol well then he found the order and realised he hadn´t accepted it and, I think, we both felt pretty silly for not talking earlier lol well, all is well that ends well, he accepted the poor pending offer, I did the job asap, and now the book is bringing joy to his readers. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Archived