Buyer has started a gig without providing info

steverm

I have a Press Release distribution gig that requires input from the buyer. A buyer has started the gig, but just made a comment about providing information later on. So the gig has started, but it’s impossible for me to do anything with it. I am concerned that this gig will be marked late and my ranking will suffer as a result. Any thoughts about what should I do?
Thanks.

A few things that might help:

1. Message the buyer (on the order page, through messages, or both, just in case) and inform him that the clock on the order is ticking, that you must deliver before the time runs out, and that you really need the information soon. The buyer could be new to Fiverr and unaware of how Fiverr works.

2. Click on Resolve Now on the order page, and request deadline extension. The buyer must accept it within 48 hours or it won’t work, though.

3. Contact Customer Support, politely tell them what’s going on, and ask them for advice. That way, if something bad happens later, they’ll know about the situation and might help you.

Hi!

You can also deliver the gig and say that you are doing this because it will affect your delivery on time rate and that you will delivery the gig after they gave the information to you. That is what I usually do.
Or you can just cancel it because the customer didn`t provide the necessary information.

Just had this twice last week with the same buyer. I sent him a message within the order, asking for the info and remembering him that the clock is already ticking. After 4 hours of not receiving an answer I went to the resolution center and started a dispute because the buyer didn’t send the required information. It took half an hour and I got what I needed.

With his next order he forgot to send the information again and this time he sent it after the first message.

Archived