A Buyer's Perspective

gina_riley2

Excellent, Patrick. I am very pleased to hear that. Thanks for letting me know and I hope you continue to get lots of work. Best of luck to you. 🙂

Hi snowynight, I came here today, to thank you again. Every time I sent out offer to buyer, I will follow your information. in the first 2 two here, I got 8 orders. That was great! Thank you so much sharing with us.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gina, that is all great advice. Thank you so much for taking the time to post those suggestions. I guess I’ve been a little naive about all of this. I love the idea of a platform like fiverr where people like me can come and find all sorts of help with the projects they need to get done. I just never thought there would be so many flaky or irresponsible people here. Now I know and I will try your approach to narrowing down the field. Cheers.

Agreed! I wouldn’t have thought it would’ve been that bad here in Fiverr but as a seller I’ll try these suggestions too.

Hi snowynight… I would like to answer from a seller’s perspective!! I welcome you back on fiverr and hope you will have a great time here!!

Ok first addressing the issues of not replying… As one of the respected members mentioned in an earlier reply as well… You must always look at the responds within… Section in the gig (its below the picture)… If it is more than 6 hours dont waste your time there!!

Now the issue with not replying (my response rate is more than 97%) few of the times we are really busy in our work and there are so many orders that even replying to the active buyers become very tough!! In that scenario i guess the msgs get ignored there are so many new msgs coming up so your msg probably goes down and down…but i really feel that you are right a seller must respond to every contact either accepting the offer or gently turning it down!!

Secondly I don’t think so you will get such a reply (order me) if you contact someone with more than 400 or even more than that positive reviews I can’t think of a way of having so many reviews without good communication and great skills!!

Then again yes it is an open market so u have to find the right person very carefully once you find one stick to that seller!!

And again the portfolio thing if there are only two or three images just do not inbox that seller i would recommend a seller having at least more than 100 reviews…

I wish you best of luck for your future endeavors!!

Regards…

Secondly I don’t think so you will get such a reply (order me) if you contact someone with more than 400 or even more than that positive reviews I can’t think of a way of having so many reviews without good communication and great skills!!

Are you trying to say that if they order from someone with 400+ reviews that person won’t respond? The second sentence contradicts that, but the first sentence seems like a subtle plug…

Hi,

I’m back at fiverr as a buyer, after taking a break for a year. I had to take a break because I was so discouraged by my experiences, I couldn’t stand it any more. Logging back in, I was reminded why I left. There are at least a dozen inquiries that I sent and never got a response on. Since logging back in for the first time last night, there are at least another 1.5 dozen that have yet to be answered.

Maybe it’s the particular category that I shop in, but there are so many flaky, irresponsible people on fiverr, a serious buyer like myself winds up wasting a lot of time trying to find someone who will get the work done. I know there must be good sellers out there, but it’s like searching for a needle in a haystack. You have to move a ton of hay before you find that needle.

I am looking for illustrators. What I often find is that they only have 1-2 illustrations in their portfolio. If I like the style, I may send them a message asking if they do the type of characters I need. Then – I wait. And wait . . . . and wait. As I said, I came back after a year and still had a bunch of unanswered messages. Why sign up as a seller if you’re not even going to deal with buyers?

Another thing is that a lot of these people rip off other people’s artwork. I remember reporting to fiverr that there were 5 different sellers using the exact same illustration and claiming it was theirs. I found this type of deception more than once. In fact, it seems to me to be rampant.

Sometimes illustrators will say they have illustrated numerous books, but they only have 1 or 2 illustrations in their portfolio, so I’ll write asking for the names of the books so I can look them up. IF I get any answer it all, it’s usually something like, “I like your project. Order me now.” And they of course ignored my request for info on the books they supposedly illustrated.

And what is with all the glamour shots? I don’t care what you look like, only if you can draw. As soon as I see a model, I refuse to buy from that seller. It’s so ridiculous. There are two different sellers currently using the same photo of Selena Gomez as their profile picture. I don’t even know how many Angelina Jolie’s I have seen. And even if it’s not someone famous, it’s obvious it’s not YOU!

So if you are going to sell, my advice is, be honest. Post your own picture. If you don’t want to do that, post a flower or something, NOT someone else. ANSWER your messages. Charge a fair price AND actually get the work done. It really doesn’t seem like too much to expect. Cheers.

Why sign up as a seller if you’re not even going to deal with buyers?

I registered here in 2015 but only started working in 2017. The reason first of all probably because I had no idea how this works and if worth it. And even in 2017 when I finally decided to make some gigs and upload some works I didn’t get any orders first (that’s good that I checked the site everyday since) , and a lot of other sellers also can’t get any orders first and even if they got a few buyers could stop reaching them and so buyers can’t be sure if waiting will bring anything at all so they can leave the site and forget about it so they won’t answer you (you can register anywhere that doesn’t mean you will actually will continue spend time there. If you see this doesn’t bring you what you want you just leave).

@gina_riley2 Thanks alot for your commets. Even though I have a lot of reviews under my belt. I am guilty of almost every filter that You suggested and would not pass from any test. These are great tips for sellers for the selllers but one thing you should accept is that every buyer has his own concepts and thinking of how a good seller might be for example a buyer can just move away by having a look at the profile picture (original one and not pretty).Its just a one example of what a particular buyer might think. Any ways thanks alot.It will really help.

Are you trying to say that if they order from someone with 400+ reviews that person won’t respond? The second sentence contradicts that, but the first sentence seems like a subtle plug…

She wrote that she got a strange reply from a seller after three days that "your project good, order me"without even reading the project description… in answer to that i wrote that if you buy from a seller with 400 + reviews his reply and dealing with you will be way more professional… As a seller i can not even imagine a way to get so many reviews without good communication skills!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I completely agree with giving newbies a chance. I hired around seven yesterday and have already received several of my orders. Every one of them was amazing.

There are so many professionals and hidden gems who only charge minimal price because they are new and competing with others who have a following. Of course, I just couldn’t get myself to do the minimal orders, so I did a $10.00 for each one, so yeah, I spent a few bucks on my CC yesterday, but you know it was completely worth it.

I did a similar experiment to yours. I hired several editors all at $10 each. Some did only 1000 words while others did 2000 or 2500 words and one did 5000 for the same price.

The conclusion, one did a good job, rest did a great job and one an amazing job. Guess which one did the amazing job? I felt like I ripped her off for such a cheap prize but made up for it as I hired her to do the entire book.

Like you said, sometimes you don’t get what you pay for, you get something much better! I have found most of these editors and proofreaders are better on FIVERR than those that charge me hundreds or thousands of dollar.

Probably because new sellers understand the importance of good review!

Thank you for giving new sellers a chance! 😀

Hopefully, I am posting in the right category.

As a buyer, I wanted to give my perspective on a few things. I’ve posted a request on a few items starting small. I am now posting larger (medium) budget request now.

At least 2/3 of my sellers are newcomers that I’ve found by posting a request and accepting their bid. I’ve had really good luck with exception of a few.

Now that I am posting larger projects, I’ve noticed something that I think is really not a good idea. When I post max $10 budget and people bid $5 - that’s reasonable. Now that I’m posting larger project, I’m surprised that people are still bidding a measly $5.

There is no way anyone on Fiverr would be able to do the last two request I posted with that little bit of money. He/she would be making about 50 cents an hours. It leads me to believe they truly do not understand the requirements.

Also, I put a max budget on my request, but people bid way over that amount. When I look at their profile, I have no doubt they are really good and worth every penny, but I intentionally put a max budge to let them know that’s all I can afford.

The third thing I noticed is that I indicated on the request, the quote must include the commercial use license. At least 1/3 of the bidder’s bid the max amount (which is fine) but than the commercial use was anywhere between $20 to $40 extra (or more); which means it’s that much over my budget.

For each request, I get anywhere from a dozen to three dozen bidders; but at least 1/2 do not read my requirements, max budget, etc.

Since I’m not a seller, I have no business telling you to not bid on vague project; but as a buyer, when someone outlines what they want, please read it. Don’t randomly bid on projects. Severely underbidding is not enticing to me. Overbidding, just irritates me. If you can do the work for my max, then don’t have hidden fees.

The last seller I hired, bid under by a reasonable amount & did such an excellent job, I ended up giving her that amount as a tip, five star and a glowing write up for a review. She was a newbie. I’m happy with her, she’s happy with me - I have her as a favorite.

I hire new sellers, when they give me examples what they have done - even if they have zero reviews, who cares. Everyone needs a chance.

I hire new sellers, when they give me examples what they have done - even if they have zero reviews, who cares. Everyone needs a chance.

Excellent thought…

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived