Old Songs And Memories

fitrigwrites4u

Oh okay, lol. I will go offline now for a bit to play with my dogs and then feed them and do some other stuff. But I will come back online later in the afternoon. So if later you still feel like sharing, you can just write the name of the song, the singer/band and why it moves your heart. But only if you feel like it 🙂

Finally I made up my mind which song I wanted to share. It is from Silverchair called Ana´s song. The lyric has got nothing to do with my memories. But this song reminds me of one of my best friends in high school. She really liked this band and their songs. She was special to me because not only she was my best friend but (whether doppleganger is a real thing or not) she was/is my doppelganger. In the school people (teachers, classmates, whoever) kept saying that we were so look alike. I have a lot of good memories with her. I remember she always helped me with math homework, while I helped her with English homework. I wonder how she is doing now, I hope she is doing great. I have an FB account but very rarely come online there. Maybe today I should come online and say hello to her.

This is a good one. I’m still not sure what it means, but it’s about the inevitability of fate, I think (μοιρας/moiras = the fates)

But that’s depressing sounding. Let’s try another giant of the Cretan music scene, Vassilis Skoulas with “where did the time go?”. Fun interesting fact. Greeks use the same word for time and weather. But this is a reflective songs. Cretans are quite a fatalistic bunch prone to reflection when not outgreeking the Greeks. I have found my spirit people!

Visit beautiful Crete /tourist board advisory

Both of these musicians, incidentally, are famed for their skill at playing the lyra. You can hear it in the opening of the second video. Aerakis’ lyra skills can be heard in the following video (lyrics: man likes girl but a mountain separates them and fate etc so love is impossible–Cretans are VERY fatalistic!). Incidentally <name drop> I’ve met both. They speak no English aside from “hello my friend!” but are great people. I fangirled, obvs. There are plenty of others, but I doubt there’s too many other Cretan music lovers here so I shall stop… for now.

Share your music!

Archived