Buyers or opportunists? A heart to heart talk with fiverr Buyers

richjoy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that fiverr, and others alike, will change the world - for the better. Majority of the planet’s population does not have the basic education. Imagine the time (in the next few decades) when people (especially children) will have access to education because internet costs nothing and a tablet costs <$10.

Somehow, this conversation here reminds me of Stephen Gould’s quote: “I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”

Guest nishant15

The main problem here is that Fiverr is not educating buyers about the services and the cost involved in doing it. No doubt, every buyer is cheap. You won’t believe buyers want a $2000 job to be done at $5. Simply ridiculous.

This is indeed another good post. I will say if for any reason any sellers (especially new ones) are accepting to do a mountain of work in merely $5 then do it as long as it doesn’t tear you apart. Also, remember that if a buyer is adamant on getting a bigger job done in $5, it’s high time for you to understand that they don’t value and respect their work. If they can’t value their work, they’ll never ever value your hard work, time and effort in making it a reality to them. You may end up completing their tasks and still not getting a good review. Worst part if they consider asking for refund. So, before tearing off yourself in bigger consequences by accepting such tasks, please foresee the bigger picture which has the potential to either make you weak or strong depending on your own wisdom. Hope it helps!

So well said. I am a buyer and really value the sellers I used on Fiverr. I really like the point about not accepting more work than you can handle.
I do realize that this can sometimes happen. I feel that even if a person at times cannot finish a project depending on the type of job the work that the seller has completed if it was completed well still has value. I’m not sure yet whether prices can be renegotiated instead of completely cancelled. I always like to pay people for their efforts unless it’s just so unacceptable that it deserves to be cancelled.

• 2 years later...

I just purchased a resume and LinkedIn revision service on Fiverr, I will never do that again. I literally got back the same resume I had sent her originally. The only things she did was add a few boxes and reformated my resume. Same content but in her listing she states she rewrites all resume content. And she charged me an upgraded price. She had great reviews and articles written about her, proper credentials listed and been on Fiverr a long time. I’ve learned that doesn’t always mean anything.

I agree with this. Posting years after this post was originally posted but i am reading it now,

Fiverr is definitely one of the largest online market on this side of the planetary bodies, if not arguably the largest and the best. A couple of buyers and sellers are happy. Sellers get paid, buyers get awesome jobs. Strangely but expected, some buyers are “amazing”.

I am a seller and a a buyer, so I definitely know how it feels at both sides of the coin. I kick started this photoshop editing fiverr account about two days ago, but I used to operate a " writing" account where I wrote lots of blog posts, articles, news letters and even ebooks. But I got wearied and burnt out after some months as it was ridiculous and unbearable.

I once had a dude who wanted me to write two articles, 700 words each for $5. He added that he wanted original articles, copyscape passed, no errors, and 24hours express delivery. When he insisted on $5 only, I threw it back at his face. It would take me several hours to make necessary researches before I start scribbling. Why in heavens should I work for 4-5 hours to earn $4? (Fiverr will deduct 20%). I have received several requests of such and accepted some, just to make few dollars for my self but I always regretted it.

Several sellers accept such ridiculous offers, especially the newbies who are desperate to have orders on fiverr. I think it’s inhumane to expect a $100 job for $5. I’d once proofread a 240page non-fiction book for less than $150. I thought $150 was huge because I only got $5 orders before then. I eventually completed the Job after 4weeks, working for almost 8hours each day. It was such a completely messed up book and I practically rewrote the whole book. I also formatted and wrote a synopsis for the book.

I almost wept when I realized that I had wasted a month of my life, just to earn less than $150. It was my most painful and regrettable experience on fiverr. Since then, I grew cold towards Fiverr and more importantly, towards “writing” gigs. Therefore, since I am also a professional Photoshop editor, I created this account and I was pretty happy with my first sale. It was worth the time and the price.

You are just a buyer on fiverr. That’s all! Some buyers act as if their sellers are slaves and treat them as such. We all buy and sell. You also sell things, maybe physical, tangible or intangible products. No one loves to lose, no one loves to be cheated. Sellers on fiverr are also trying to make few bucks, to meet ends needs; not because they have extra time to spare for you. Please, treat them as such. Stop exploiting them because they are very desperate to sell. Pay the appropriate amount for job you are giving out.

As a buyer also, I noticed some attitudes of different sellers. They charge in excess, I mean way too much. I wanted to order a gig and I asked for his price. He charged $70 after he already described in his gig that it was for $5. As a considerate buyer, I offered $10, which he accepted without further negotiations. I knew it was an easy job which I could do, only that I want all my works handled by professionals, and $10 was enough for the service required.

This is a charge to buyers to be considerate with funds. It’s called FIVErr doesn’t mean you can buy and ship a Jaguar on the site for $5. And, treat your sellers with respect. Stop threatening them with negative reviews or cancellation, especially those who don’t deserve the kind of treatment. Just politely ask for a refund, ask for modification or cancel the order if you are not satisfied. Be nice to them.

I know some sellers need not only to be treatened with negative reviews, but to get their accounts banned, their bank accounts frozen, and their hands clipped with handcuff, yet they are only a negligible minority. Majority don’t deserve such treatments. .

Sellers, please accept offers you can deliver. Don’t waste people’s time and money. If you can’t do it, don’t bid for it, don’t accept it. You know your level. You don’t have to be a pro to make money. With your skill, you can still find jobs that fits your level and skill.

I wish myself and other millions of buyers and sellers on fiverr a Wonderful experience.

Some buyers act as if their sellers are slaves and treat them as such. We all buy and sell. You also sell things, maybe physical, tangible or intangible products. No one loves to lose, no one loves to be cheated.

Price your gigs well and you’ll easily avoid such buyers.

Sellers on fiverr are also trying to make few bucks, to meet ends needs; not because they have extra time to spare for you. Please, treat them as such. Stop exploiting them because they are very desperate to sell.

Don’t let your gig prices reflect the fact that you’re trying to make a few bucks, to make ends meet. Don’t let the buyers see that you’re very desperate to sell.

Pay the appropriate amount for job you are giving out.

There’s no appropriate amount. Some sellers offer the same service for $500 which the other sellers offer for $5. Prices are subjective. The sooner the sellers understand this, the better for them.

Archived