7 Reasons you should NEVER sell on Fiverr!

david_ff

1. You love having a boss.

I don’t know about you, but I personally love having a boss. If I didn’t have someone that told me what to do all the time, and let me know when it’s OK to go on vacation, I don’t know what I’d do. And besides that, who would tell me when my lunch break has been longer than 30 minutes??

1. You love sitting in a cubicle.

Personally the grey fabric walls just sooth me. They bring a sense of comfort and peace. I especially love the fact that I can barely tell my cubicle from the other 1,000 cubicles in the building. That’s what I love most!

1. You love your alarm clock.

If I could have just one wish in this life, it’s that I could listen to that insidious beep every morning at 6AM for the rest of my life. I’m not sure I could live without it. I would have to actually sleep in. That just sounds completely horrible to me.

1. You’ll miss out on your commute.

There is one thing I look forward to every single day, and that’s sitting in traffic for at least an hour. I’m like a kid on Christmas… the anticipation and excitement keeps gets me so excited I’m actually finding it hard to sleep at night!

1. You hate making money.

I will just say this: I hate money because I hate doing fun things, and I definitely hate having money in my bank account. Trust me… when you pay your bills every month and still have money left over, there’s not a worse feeling in the world!

1. You prefer monotony and boredom.

If there’s one thing I don’t want to be in this life, it’s creative. And even worse than that, I absolutely don’t want to have my days filled with different and exciting things to do. I would much rather punch numbers into a calculator and perform tedious mind numbing tasks.

1. You hate free time.

I do NOT like having extra time to pursue activities that I enjoy. Go to the gym, no thank you! Join a softball league on the weekends, nope. Go to a movie with my wife. not a chance! Why do all that when you can work late and spend your weekends closing the books on month end?

Haha! This is something different. Nice one! Although I am not sure all of them are 100% true. For example, even when people sell things on Fiverr some of them still don´t have free time because they have too many works to do, deadlines, etc. So either they work for a company or as a freelancer, they still don´t really have free time. The difference is, if you are a freelancer you should be more free to choose when you wanna have free time (well, supposedly). And then about making money, there are a lot of businessmen out there don´t sell on Fiverr and they make a lot of money (even way more than some people on Fiverr). Also, about boredom, okay for office people it could be boring, but there are people whose jobs are fun to do such as people who work in a film making industry (for example as a director, camera person, etc), or fashion designers and many of them don´t sell on Fiverr. I know at least a few of them and they would not trade their jobs they have got now with anything else because they are doing their passion and their jobs are not boring at all 🙂

Anyway, over all it is an interesting read.

"The difference is, if you are a freelancer you should be more free to choose when you wanna have free time (well, supposedly)."
In the freelancer world free time means the unpaid time when you do the work of the secretary, accountant, cleaner person, window washer, logistics person, tech support, webmaster, pr person, janitor etc
For me its mostly because there is no job where i would get to do such diverse work, in the morning i get to do woodwork, during the day i get to do restoration work in the field and in the evenings i mostly do the unpaid work + whatever my family needs me to do. The next day i’m drawing some coloring pages for kids and in the evening i’m airbrushing some sinister looking skulls on a truck. The day after that i’m doing construction work and some stage painting or murals.

My previous comment was referring to what the OP wrote:

˝You hate free time.

I do NOT like having extra time to pursue activities that I enjoy. Go to the gym, no thank you! Join a softball league on the weekends, nope. Go to a movie with my wife. not a chance! Why do all that when you can work late and spend your weekends closing the books on month end?˝

He makes it sound people who don´t sell on Fiverr don´t have time to have such freedom. Well, it is true at some point but that is not 100% true. I know people who don´t sell on Fiverr still manage to have time to do things that they like to do. For example, I have a friend who is an HRD manager. After work he often goes to the Margaret island for some exercise and on the weekends he does things that he likes (fishing, hanging out with friends, etc).And even when you sell on Fiverr, if you are super busy (when you get too many orders) you will not be able to do other things that you like. I have read a lot of people here work their asses off and never have a vacation for many years for different reasons (but of course it is their choice and if they are happy with it then it is good enough to know).

But I get your point and I agreed 🙂 @mgjohn78

Vacations are overrated, had one in 2006 or might have been 2007, me and the missus rented an off grid cabin, was fun for a day then i asked the cabin owner if they need any work done and i scored a house painting gig 🙂
Guess i might just be freelancing because i hate all the free time id be left with if i had a 9-5 job hm…

Yeah, freelancing sounds so much better than working in a cubicle in an office. I mean, I am a housewife now, but if I was offered to go back to work in the office I would not think twice to say NO. It works for some people though (like my friend, she started working at entry level, and then got promoted as a marketing manager and then now she is a general manager which of course she got a big office room for herself. She told me that she really likes her job and I am actually amazed by how active she is, doesn´t matter how hard she works she still manages to go clubbing) 🙂

You know while I sat here with my Iced coffee that I can enjoy without many interruptions from my favorite bosses’ from the past I got to thinking how I, too, miss having somebody telling me what to do. Telling me last minute that my request to fly out of state to visit family for Christmas was falling through after I purchased plane tickets, rental car, and new winter clothes.
I miss past clients foaming at the mouth yelling at me for things out of my control, but I was the face of the company, so I had to grin and bear it. Gosh, darn it. Forget Fiverr…runs and looks for my resume; I may contact my grumpy old boss for my job back.

Thanks for the eye-opener.

WAKES UP! Nope, I love the freelancing life I’ve developed. I’m getting success outside, and inside of Fiverr and my grumpy old boss has a new sheep to order around and take ALL of the credit.

• Baddison 🙂

Yes, it’s actually true, freelancers do often find themselves with little free time. I guess what I mean to say is that we get to choose more how and when we spend our time. Maybe it’s just the fact that when it’s me deciding to work late instead of my boss telling me I have to work late… it doesn’t seem so bad for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived