All TRS's Started at 0 Sales. Stop Making Excuses

tenthtiermedia

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@cjdever I’m confused. (I’m American too, so maybe confusion is normal?) I am also genuinely wondering what offended you. While threads often go off on tangents and attempts at humor vary, I didn’t see anything racist or offensive and I really would like to know if there is something I’m missing.

The forum thread – the OP – is a tip for sellers (albeit a pointed one). Some of these graphics – and the discussion around those graphics – is notably off-topic. If you want to talk about video games and rollerskating, please start a thread in the Conversations forum. Threads in Tips For Sellers are just that, tips for sellers.

These images are unnecessary to the discussion within this thread.

Wow, new to this place and thoroughly enjoying all the entertaining banter here.
My kind of humour 🙂

Ok, I’m putting my hand up and admit I’m a newbie.

Even have to admit I can’t even find my one and only gig parked ANYWHERE on Fiverr searching by category or even a few of the keywords I used in the description/title… sigh.
Even bashed through to page 6009 and sigh,nowhere to be seen.

But strange as it may seem, someone from South East Asia must have scrolled to page 6010 and found me …Liked my wacky style and we did the business.

I’m praying there are lots more wonderful customers in South East Asia since Fiverr seems to like me there…
Meanwhile I’ll keep practicing my dark arts since Fiverr is indeed a dark worm hole of mysterious algorithms . 😃

Guest jey242

Oh come on the man writes jingles for goodness sake. He is Fiverr’s version of Charlie Harper. Now tell me you wouldn’t want to hang out with that guy and throw more money and titles at him.

As long as you’ve done the work to optimize your gig and make it all smexy, Fiverr will push traffic to your gig. New sellers get special treatment in search rankings and recommendations, and Fiverr really does work hard to give new sellers a window of time during which they can prove themselves. As you successfully handle the leads Fiverr pretty much serves you on a golden plate, you’ll get better results in the search rankings.

http://twentyoz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/meritocracy.jpg

Read the tips and use them. Then read all the other tips on the forum and use them too. If you haven’t succeeded in a year and a day, come back and ask again. (Or, post in Improve my Gig where this sort of thing belongs, but my first advice was better.)

Edited after thread moderation:

I think there is a lot to be said for a forum that is fun and serves as a breakroom and images, etc. are not against the forum rules in general.

On the other hand, the “circus” aspect is something to consider when a thread keeps running on in a Tip category. I’m going to implement my own suggestion for a potential remedy right now and see how this goes. Regardless of what’s been said or posted in this thread, I have two invitations for anyone. One is to consider that tangents are normal and fine, but if they go on for long, why not start a new thread in Conversations and link to it from the “tangent” thread?

The other is that I’m going to do that now. I have started a thread in Conversations to discuss forum participant reactions to jokes/memes/images and what is appropriate or not. It will stay up unless it turns into a flame war. Please go here if you want to join in:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/what-do-you-think-about-forum-fun-and-when-does-it-go-too-far/

Congratulations Annie on your first gig order. Your product looks cool (plug, plug).

I too will put my hand up as newbie here, and with all do respect to the moderator, and the tough job he must have reigning in the Monty Python crew to stay on topic, … I have throughly enjoyed this thread, and it’s word play.

I personally would have found this thread less worthy of my time, had it gone towards the dark side, with insult for insult, rather than the fun side, with a dribble of tips and hints here and there. That’s jmo. 😉

Thanks for your advice James. Hmmm… optimize is an interesting concept.
On one hand the advice from the top sellers seems to be… patience… you’ll be found if your gig is different/outstanding from the rest.

For others it seems optimize means to buy social media, links,fake reviews,favourites etc.
I’m finding this all a real conundrum. I’ve tried to make my one and only gig a bit more attention grabbing with a more unusual title.
However, it makes me wonder if I’ll get found in the search if I’m not using all the same keywords like unique,amazing etc like everyone else.To be a bit different and distinct from others seems to go against the grain of how this optimization lark actually works.

Sorry…just musings from the newbing…:

Since the sticky posts don’t seem to be displaying correctly, I’m kinda-sorta breaking the rules by sharing links here, but this will show you what I mean:

How to optimize your gig: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/37-detailed-tips-to-optimize-your-gigs-and-start-selling-today/

How to write a business policy and deal with negative reviews: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/how-to-remove-negative-reviews-and-ratings-tips/

And it was a good point. From a moderator perspective, your original thread post wasn’t the issue, the way in which this thread ran off the rails was. Keep sharing your tips and Fiverr input. That’s what these forums are here for. 🙂

Archived