Don't Jump the Gun!

ladytooner50

When I started on Fiverr, I got a Gig doing gag cartoons for a woman’s health newsletter. They were $5 each and it looked like I had a regular Gig with this. But when Gig Packages came for cartoonists, I “got the big head” and started charging more. The newsletter quickly dropped me, and I don’t blame it. I raised my prices thinking it would make me be taken more seriously as a seller, but I hadn’t really proved myself yet. Now I have the $5 gagtoons again and I’m getting customers, including one who wants them for his book. I have learned my lesson: Don’t let your “artist’s ego” be your guide!

With any gig where you manually draw something (well any time consuming gig really)its really difficult to make a profit. On the other hand me and i think most people who have a passion for creating art would still be drawing and painting on our lunch breaks, while others are watching tv in the evenings etc regardless if getting paid or not.

The key here is to work until you have developed an untainted reputation of a few hundred clients, then maybe at year end, increase your prices. They will pay if the service and quality is unmatched.

Slow progress is better than no progress.

Cheers,
Speedy876

Archived