Search filter [ARCHIVED]

social_jung

Hi,
Everyone.

There is a BIG BUG in search filter.
Few fiverr sellers are taking advantage of this BUG and they are bypassing fiverr search filter to these type of gig title keyword.

and a logo design
be a logo design
a, a , a , logo,
and a as be logo
as a logo design
an a logo design

These kind of gig title do bypass fiverr search filter and gigs do show in top of the search result in relevant keyword. Doesn’t matter that gigs are new or old Or High number of positive rating or single positive rating.
I also found…some sellers are doing SELF rating their gigs to different fiverr account Or arranging order from their friends for promote gigs and rating.

I’ve tried to inform support on several times but nothing final solution.

What you do to STOP THIS BUG and who do written gig title like this?

I HOPE THIS TIME…somebody will listen my request.

thanks 😉

Having multiple accounts on Fiverr is a TOS violation. Wow, the’re pretty close. And now one’s paused. Yes the images could be stolen, but it’s odd that the one says they’re from the UK and the other says they’re from the US but using UK English.

What rule does bugging friends to order violate, though? As long as they’re not fake orders, and the Seller really delivers what’s ordered, and they don’t have an agreement for a rating in advance, what’s the specific rule violation? Doesn’t Fiverr ask you to invite your friends? I don’t do this, but I’m just wondering if I missed something.

Oh, you’re talking about planning to order something for no reason, whether the Buyer wants it or not - an order solely to have an order. I don’t think that’s ethical, but I’m not sure how exactly Fiverr would go about identifying that, or even if they should - it is a common business practice, I just personally don’t agree with it. Planned reviews are a different story, but that’s even harder to determine.

So, I’ll try to respond to some of this (as a forum admin- not staff) in 2 parts.

Part One: Search

When it comes to these issues with bypassing search or taking advantage of search using odd titles, it’s obviously a problem that Fiverr staff is also trying to figure out. It isn’t a bypass of search to my knowledge, though. Some gigs are being denied for doing this kind of thing and some are still up. All we can all do is to complain to Customer Support and/or post in the forum in Suggestion Box to suggest alternatives.

I cannot say that it is definitely a “bug” since it’s apparently working as intended. It is a probably, though, and if some gigs are allowed with odd titles and some are not, we as a community of sellers have to state our thoughts on that. In addition, it looks odd to buyers and might downgrade their opinion of gigs, so if you feel that is happening, tell Customer Support. As far as I know, though, it is not considered a bug so this entire thread will be moved to Suggestion Box.

Otherwise, there is nothing else I can address about search. I will respond in a second post about reviews/friend-accounts/multiple accounts.

Part Two: Reviews

So, to quote another responder on this thread: "Having multiple accounts on Fiverr is a TOS violation. Wow, the’re pretty close. And now one’s paused. Yes the images could be stolen, but it’s odd that the one says they’re from the UK and the other says they’re from the US but using UK English.
What rule does bugging friends to order violate, though? As long as they’re not fake orders, and the Seller really delivers what’s ordered, and they don’t have an agreement for a rating in advance, what’s the specific rule violation? Doesn’t Fiverr ask you to invite your friends? "

The simple answer is that this is correct. It IS a ToS violation to have multiple accounts for one person and to use those multiple accounts to falsify reviews. It is NOT a violation to have friends/family members buy your gigs for real, to have actual deliveries made, and then to have reviews made by those people.

Another quote from the thread: “Fiverr invite friends concept is “invite your friends for join fiverr” not for order on your gig intentionally for promote you.!”

If a Fiverr user creates a gig and needs help getting started, it is not against ToS to have that friend/family join Fiverr, buy a gig, get a real delivery on that gig and then receive an honest review even for promotional purposes. In order to prove that someone is violating ToS you would need to show that they are using multiple accounts or having friends/family place fake orders on which the delivery is empty and never fulfilled. (Proving that would be very difficult, though if you suspect it you can report the user to CS and they can see if a real delivery was made.) As long as a real order is made, a real delivery is made, and a real review is added- that doesn’t violate ToS to my knowledge. Pre-planned reviews may be questionable personally, but I sure don’t know if or why Fiverr staff would have a problem with them as long as a real order/delivery was made.

I really can’t offer further opinion beyond what I put in my original replies. I am an unpaid volunteer and don’t have time to check each link even if they could stay up. These things are issues you need to talk to Fiverr editorial paid staff about. You’ll have to submit a ticket to Customer Support for further information on this.

Staff does occasionally read the Suggestion Box forum and the thread will stay here for that, but that is much slower than just contacting Customer Support. Good luck with your questions!

Archived