An Awful Experience as a Buyer, Why Sellers Need to Make an Effort

eoinfinnegan

The problem is that most people think of Fiverr as a slot machine that spits out fife dollar bills even though they put nothing in it. They don’t think about their offer. Their only thought is: I want money and I want it now.

There was a guy lately here on the forum asking why he didn’t get any order after creating his gig. His gig was writing blog articles. There was not one sentence in the description of that had no error. Neither was there one sentence in his description on his profile without any error. Yet, seriously he wondered why nobody wanted him to wright articles for their blogs.

As I said: most sellers think it’s an easy cash system.

P.S.: if there are typos in the text above, I have the alibi of being tired because I worked for my returning buyers the whole day.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. I have gotten some of my biggest orders from replying to requests! My niche is quite limited and there is usually only one or two requests a week that are relevant. They often receive 10-30 offers, but if I am on my laptop instead on my phone and take time to write out a custom offer, I tend to get all of them. I probably have a slight advantage because I live in England, but surely it can’t be that hard to write a decent offer?!

It surprises me too how bad the offers can be! What really surprises me is how often I hear back from a Buyer weeks or even a month after they listed their request. They are asking me to do the work cheaply because the last person they hired didn’t do it properly but they still paid them!
(If I agree to that then it basically means that I am paying someone else to badly do a job that I must then do, go figure).
As my grandmother always says “If you buy because it’s cheap, you will have to buy twice”.

It’s difficult finding the good sellers. Like others, I’m a seller and a buyer, always have problems with other seller services including writing which is generated by software and then spun. At least that’s what it looks like to me.

Also, checking the article carefully with other online free services such as plagiarism. Don’t depend solely on copyscape. I have found articles written copied from other sources, then spun. But, when you do the proper checking you’ll find out where they got the real articles from. There’s a lot of good resources that are free online. Of course, it takes time to investigate.

Yes! They go for the cheapest option for something important, and end up frustrated and upset because it wasn’t good enough. My brother is a Wordpress web designer and has just had a similar thing happen (outside of Fiverr) where it cost someone a couple hundred dollars to get him to do something, but the client was already out $1000 from trying with 5-7 other sellers.

Recently I had inquired about a service from another seller here on fiverr. I just received his response 18 days later!

Why does it take so long to respond to an inquiry?

There’s a shift in business going on as we progress into the digital age. Business and individual want services cheaper.

Back in the late 80’s and into the 90’s we charged 3k to 5k to produce a corporate video of about 10 minutes. Now, that number is down to 1k to 2k (not on fiverr) and sometimes less.

Times have changed, attitudes are changing. We all need to keep up with it.

I’m new here as seller and i don’t know much about fiverr but still i think as long as you deliver assignments on time, take it seriously even for lowest amount, perform skillfully and also just negotiate with your clients properly and offer them reasonable base amount. Buyer’s will be happy and in future definitely contact seller for upcoming order’s but if seller’s try to copy+paste etc stuff that will cost alot to seller like negative feedback, no order in future, etc. There always a choice.

Archived