I'm lacking enthusiasm today. How about you?

itsyourthing

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

You know, I think you are rich when you are easily spending money on stuff that you want but you don’t really need. And when the stuff that you want and don’t need becomes more expensive and you come to find it hard to spend for it, I guess that’s the time when you are poor or average again. I really love statues. What are you guys spending on? (Stuff that are not in the ‘needs’ category lol)

Aviser1000, right at the moment, I’m having trouble buying the ‘needs’! But I’m not a naturally wasteful person, so I don’t buy much stuff just because it’s cool anyway. 🙂

By the way, I’m not really procrastinating today. I’m just waiting impatiently to see if Fiverr V2 will actually mark a delivered gig as “complete” when it should. 🙂

Reply to @itsyourthing: Hey you are a person who can shape things using your own hands, if I have your skills I’d be richer being able to sculpt my own fantasies other than buy them from a store! ^^

You mean the auto-complete after 3 days? Now I am curious, tell me about it when you see! 🙂 (Still on the list though after reading around I now really don’t want to switch until the entire site’s absolute metamorphosis ^
^)

viser1000 said: Hey you are a person who can shape things using your own hands, if I have your skills I'd be richer being able to sculpt my own fantasies other than buy them from a store! ^_^

It's true, I am creative and good at crafting things, BUT, every now and again it's nice to just buy something instead of making what you have better! ;)

Yes, the auto-complete. It was one of those gigs where the buyer was very communicative until I delivered the gig and then they disappeared. The gig did auto-complete but it took four days instead of three - maybe it doesn't work to the exact hour, but all gigs completed on say Monday, get marked as complete at midnight Thursday into Friday? I don't know, but it did work.

I was holding off on V2 and then I realized that there were so many issues and bugs on V1 that if I was going to have to deal with bugs on either version, I may as well get used to V2. :)

startselect said: Great guideline to follow.

Good video - thanks for sharing it.

I usually only procrastinate AFTER I've hit too many road blocks trying to complete a project. Then it's difficult to muster up the gumption to get back to it when I KNOW it's going to be frustrating. I always tackle things right away when I don't have to depend on someone else. :)

itsyourthing said: I was holding off on V2 and then I realized that there were so many issues and bugs on V1 that if I was going to have to deal with bugs on either version, I may as well get used to V2.

If it's inevitable then this sure is the way to go lol

Right now I guess I;m procrastinating through the night, I've just drawn 8 full colored pages of someone's story, a client from years back and of course my style has changed since then. Now he hates the pictures saying they were rushed. They weren't of course, just that my style and stroke just changed lol drawing cartoons in Fiverr and less of his stuff ^_^

I'm glad you have this procrastination board though. It's a fun place to place whatever when there's no one posting in the word game ^_^

I bought a bunch stryofoam boards and white glue for yet another attempt at sculpture. With my smooth hands maybe styro is the perfect medium lol

itsyourthing said: Just take your time and don't over-think anything. Wait for an idea and then go with the flow.

Whoa, you know, I've just found this futuristic machine! Nevermind manual sculpturing. This will change everything, IT'S A 3D PRINTER! You can print figurines and even gadgets (THAT WORK!). This is like living in a cartoon world lol. Low end costs around 750$ and high end costs around 14000$. It's like having a factory in the comfort of your own home... :-D What's more is the more expensive ones can be set up to 3d print on different materials, man, thank God for the geniuses who make these stuff!

Reply to @itsyourthing: Well yeah not necessarily improve them, but it will definitely change things for those who have limited time and talent about this thing, man, I can’t wait to buy one 😃 I also saw that 3d scanner they use in Japan as a combo for the 3d printer, why aren’t these things in the mall lol

For the first time in a while I’m actually NOT lacking in enthusiasm. Started a better diet (not for weight loss, but for better health), started exercising more regularly, moved my work to a space where I now face a huge window. Ideas and focus are coming much more easily now and as a result I’m finishing my orders more quickly (which normally results in a rush of enthusiasm). In that short amount of time (about 2 weeks or so) I’ve developed plans for 2 new gigs, 1 of which I launched today. There is something to be said for taking better care of oneself. Hope it lasts…

Reply to @guruofbacklinks: Good for you! I’ve also started the path to better health about a couple of weeks ago too. I like to call it “the seal system”, I get to eat like a pig in all my favourite restaurants but after that the restaurant is “sealed” and I can’t eat there ever again until I get back to my “sexy” weight. Same rules apply to home-cooked meals. When there’s no more food I can eat again, switch to juicing and body weight exercises then say hello to lightness and renewed inspiration lol. I hope your drive lasts 🙂

Reply to @viser1000: I like the path you’ve taken! Would LOVE to go to my fave restaurants and eat like a pig…only problem is I don’t know when to quit lol. I’m the type that just has to start something like this cold turkey. You give me an inch, I’ll eat everything in sight!

The better health can actually be attributed to juicing. I’ve never been great with putting forth the effort to make a salad or cook veggies. I don’t really like them. For some reason though, I can drink them a lot more easily than I can eat them. shrugs You’d think it’d be grosser to drink veggies but I can actually deal with it. So a couple of weeks ago on my normal grocery run, I went for 80% veggies (mostly various greens, tomatoes, celery etc.) and the rest whole grain stuff. Took an afternoon between delivering gigs to chop everything up, put it in a blender and added in a couple of V8 Fusion + energy (citrus flavor). Worked great. Gave me a full jug of fresh veggie juice. These days I’ve pretty much been living on veggie juice, whole grain rice medley, whole grain cereal, light yogurt, slimfast etc. I’m actually surprised at the results. When I stick to it throughout the day I don’t feel tired or unfocused like I used to.

The main challenge is sticking to it. It’s easy to fall back into a lazy pattern…

Reply to @guruofbacklinks: Cool, I’ve tried cold turkey too but I lose control in the end and end up gaining more weight. Now when you eat out, order all your favourites and eat up until feels like torture. You’ll throw up but it’s kind of gives you a “clockwork orange” trauma so you keep away from it for a good while with ease 🙂

Yeah I guess you’re right, juicing really is the main thing that trims. One time my fattest was 225 lbs and after seven days of juicing I went down to 180. To lock that they say that you have to do some exercises so I chose Mike Chang’s insane fat loss while only eating lean meats and green vegetables (no rice or other carbs). I also hit the punching bag whenever I get sick of drawing something, that’s about 3-30 minute sessions in between work and before I knew it I was 165 again.

guruofbacklinks said: The main challenge is sticking to it. It's easy to fall back into a lazy pattern...

I guess it's just a cycle we have to get used to. I kind of gotten used to the fat-thin-fat-thin thing that it just feels like different "seasons" of the body. Like sometimes you want to eat and not care and other times you want to look good and feel good. And when you eat a lot you get to enjoy any food that you like and you get to be lazy in the living room or out in the theatres. And when you're trim you get to enjoy the fun of feeling healthy, more energy and looking awesome and getting to wear any clothes or even look good without wearing anything. It may not be Christmas season every month but there are a lot of other fun seasons too. So when you're confused about how to act around food, just think about what you like for this season of your life and it stops being a lazy pattern and becomes a personal choice on account of pleasure. ^_^

guruofbacklinks said: For the first time in a while I'm actually NOT lacking in enthusiasm. Started a better diet (not for weight loss, but for better health), started exercising more regularly, moved my work to a space where I now face a huge window. Ideas and focus are coming much more easily now and as a result I'm finishing my orders more quickly (which normally results in a rush of enthusiasm). In that short amount of time (about 2 weeks or so) I've developed plans for 2 new gigs, 1 of which I launched today. There is something to be said for taking better care of oneself. Hope it lasts...

It's always good to make a chnage for the better - not just physically, but mentally as well. I would love to be able to work in front of a big window!

Just be careful that the 'healthy' changes are actually healthy. Just as an example, V8 juices have TONS of salt and sugars, SlimFast has artificial sweeteners, too much whole grain can 'force' the nutrients out of you before your body has absorbed what it needs, and protein is essential and I'm not seeing much of that at all. And the other possibility is that if you are eating so much fruit & veg, the added "energy" (whatever that might be) could end up giving you too much of certain vitamins & minerals. I'm not dissing what you're doing (and I'm surely no expert), just make sure that while you're trying to 'do it all at once', that you're not doing things that may end up doing more harm in the long run. :)

itsyourthing said: Just be careful that the 'healthy' changes are actually healthy. Just as an example, V8 juices have TONS of salt and sugars, SlimFast has artificial sweeteners, too much whole grain can 'force' the nutrients out of you before your body has absorbed what it needs, and protein is essential and I'm not seeing much of that at all. And the other possibility is that if you are eating so much fruit & veg, the added "energy" (whatever that might be) could end up giving you too much of certain vitamins & minerals. I'm not dissing what you're doing (and I'm surely no expert), just make sure that while you're trying to 'do it all at once', that you're not doing things that may end up doing more harm in the long run.

Yeah you're right about those drinks and the fibers. One of the main purposes of juicing is detox to relieve the body of msg (main thing that makes you addicted to junk foods) and also allocate the body's energy to other problems and not digest anything. So when doing it, it's not advisable to drink sugary and fibrous stuff. In fact it's not advised to drink anything other than pure vegetable juice, water, and sometimes fruit juices (not always or most of the time as the sugar in fruits triggers the appetite). As for protein, yeah you can't live without it. They say the people with shortest life spans are those in some Chinese province due to their diet being solely some vegetables and mainly just rice. Even if you don't want to eat meat, spinatch is a great protein source! :-)

Reply to @itsyourthing: Oh I completely agree. Don’t worry though, I’m following an approved plan from the physician to help manage “pre” diabetes and pre-hypertension. I don’t drink many of the V8 juices in general, just the fusion plus energy (which isn’t so bad on sodium, sugar etc.). Most of what I drink on a daily basis is water, and my sodium intake tends to be well below the amounts that are too high. I eat the recommended amount of whole grain per day, only drink slimfast when exercising and get plenty of protein from the beans, legumes, leafy veggies and dairy products I consume. I do also eat some lean meat, just not as much as I used to per the dietitian’s orders.

Transformed the guest room into a temp office. Found that working at my desk in the bedroom made me less productive (less light, closer to my warm, comfy bed and left me feeling like I wasn’t getting enough rest because work was never too far away). It’s working well. Only thing is, if we have guests I’ll have to move back into my room temporarily. Not a huge deal though.

viser1000 said: So when you're confused about how to act around food, just think about what you like for this season of your life and it stops being a lazy pattern and becomes a personal choice on account of pleasure. ^_^

I like the way you think! I'm finding that not totally depriving myself helps a little. I sneak some bacon every now and then (a major weakness) as well as pizza. I just try to manage the portions I eat, which seems to help.

Archived