Have you used custom offers for Buyer Requests? Tell us about it!

adi_bm

Sorry fiverr but your feature will not be used to the fullest until you allow us to report the spammers spamming their own gig with the buyer request function.

One little button will open the doors to a lot more business.

I have seen too many buyers reply here on the forums telling us that they get nothing but spam from sellers replying to their requests… And other buyers are spammed with all the sellers spamming that feature with their gigs.

And those same potential buyers declared that it’s the single reason they don’t use the feature anymore at all.

Please stop sellers from spamming their gigs on the buyer request feature.

Pretty please?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve sent a few back saying I will do x amount for $5 but that I need more details to be able to accurately quote (as mentioned above) I like the attachments that have more info, so if people could be encouraged to add more info in an attachment that would be great. Meanwhile, I still see sellers selling their wares using this feature. A report button next to each post would be great. I needed to post a request myself earlier this week (not to advertise my service, but for work that needed to be done) and it was not approved, although it was clear and concise. I emailed support which took at least 2 days to get back to me, who said they’d escalate it for me. Then by the time the people who it was escalated to got back to me it had been approved (about 3-4 days later) Is this the norm?

The custom offer is great! It allowed me to give a slightly higher offer than the regular 5$, it allowed me give better service and the customer was satisfied. I’m sure this will catch up. The feature that seems less useful to me is the “favorite” button, so now I’m off to the appropriate discussion to see what other people see in it.

Guest theowl89

Custom offer is awesome. Also, I have worked something using it + An agreement form (under law) from my buyer (Yeah, safety is good~). And it makes me easily split the amount of $$ according to the form we agreed. And the job is done before due.

I like it, but I don’t use it as a first contact with buyers. I send the custom offer after we’ve discussed everything thoroughly so we both know what they’ll get, when and for how much.

It’d be better if when requesting, they were more specific about what they want exactly. It’d also help, as many have mentioned, that there was some way to eliminate spammers who OFFER their gigs as BUYER’S requests.

The feature is nice and almost all my gigs (I just joined in July) have been custom offers. It is just not the first contact I have with a buyer.

It is amazingly shocking that whomever i contact through custom offer or otherwise, is usually not willing to pay more then 5 dollars for any kind of work even though my work is very well rated on fiverr. It is a shame how people are exploiting sellers here because of the $5 base project curse. Yes i call it a curse because it is a real exploitation of the services of the sellers.

Instead of complicating things for the buyers and sellers and forcing them to go through weird routes to get a basic job done, fiverr needs to completely do away with the absolutely cursed $5 limit on a gig. I am fed up and honestly sick of spending hours and hours working on each gig to get only $4 in the end! It also seems that many buyers do not even respect how much time, effort, knowledge and intuitive brainstorming goes into writing Original reports for Occult / Astrology / Numerology services that i offer. I have more then 20 years of experience and feel underpaid and exploited over here. Infact i might be leaving this platform purely because of these serious concerns.

The reports that i am doing here for 5 dollars, i never do for less then 50 british pounds outside fiverr. But the buyer mentality has been psychologically turned against the seller on the fiverr platform, by automatically equating each gig to $5. This is plain ridiculous. No professional astrologer offers a service for 5 dollars ever!

Reply to @faridjilani: It is entirely up to you to decide how much time you wish to spend on a gig. I have seen recommendations on the Fiverr blog saying that for a $5 gig should take the seller about 10-15 minutes to complete at most. If you are spending hours and hours, my suggestion would be to change your selling strategy.

You can advertise a shorter version of your gigs for $5 and then add extras to allow for extra time spent, extra work done, etc. While there may eventually be more sellers who have higher priced base gigs, Fiverr was built on the starting at $5 model which they are quite open about.

I have seen you mention leaving Fiverr over these things in other posts, but honestly there are plenty of sellers who don’t mind starting out at $5 and moving up from there over time.

Guest khademulfaiez

Yes.I make request. but no response any buyer.i think it is very good feature for seller.one thing i can not found any buyer of my sell category why i don’t understand and could not sell my dig last 2 weeks.

Guest technomaven

I started using it recently and was very pleased by the response-rate and resulting gig-orders.

However, as I pointed out in the forum [], I think that there is a bug regarding “Vacation Mode”, with respect to offers sent in response to Buyer Requests.

I used the custom order once and it worked fine. But when I needed some information from the seller about whether an audio task I wanted was possible, then asked him how much it would cost so I could pay, all on fiverr.com, fiverr sent me a WARNING email and posted the warning at the top of my fiverr page with a response for me to click saying I won’t do it again. It’s as if fiverr.com is run by robots.

I have a really attentive seller whose work I like. She has responded to requests for modifications promptly but Fiverr is threatening to downgrade her rating for being ‘late’ - presumably because we have needed to adjust the order several times. This is completely unfair. There must be a way to stop this.

I have used custom offer more often after the conversation and query from the buyer, but my experience is that if you send the custom offer to the buyer without taking his or her consent to send it, the chances of being its accepted becomes almost zero. I don’t know why it’s so but its like that only.
If any senior fiverr member can explain it, I would be obliged.

Archived