Incomplete orders - Self Cancel

carlaism

Hi Carla,

As a buyer that works as part of a business I have noticed one of my colleagues often ordering gigs and then forgetting about them for long stretches of time.

I have many times finished their orders for them.

I think this is a great idea but I would warn that there are a number of instances where even though it might be frustrating waiting might be worthwhile.

Hi Carla,

As a buyer that works as part of a business I have noticed one of my colleagues often ordering gigs and then forgetting about them for long stretches of time.

I have many times finished their orders for them.

I think this is a great idea but I would warn that there are a number of instances where even though it might be frustrating waiting might be worthwhile.

Reply to @nixies: Hi Nixies,

The thing is, my buyers can’t possibly just “forget”, because I send them a message right away if I notice that they ordered many hours ago and didn’t say anything. Then I repeat the same thing in 2 days and so on.

I am here mainly for pocket money and honestly, I don’t like to see money I can’t use in my account nor am I in great need of those $4, to feel like it’s worthwhile to wait for weeks until a buyer “remembers” to let me know what he/she wanted or most probably, as in most cases, that they ordered by accident.

I think it’s a good idea for sellers to at least have a choice of whether they want to wait for weeks or not. I, for an instance, wouldn’t like to see incomplete orders just lying there for more than a week.

As sellers, we do our job of replying to buyers as fast as possible and delivering the highest quality we can provide. Buyers should also take their time to activate an order if they really want to buy or let us know that they ordered by accident, so that we can do a mutual cancellation. Good business = mutual respect. 🙂

Reply to @nixies: Hi Nixies,

The thing is, my buyers can’t possibly just “forget”, because I send them a message right away if I notice that they ordered many hours ago and didn’t say anything. Then I repeat the same thing in 2 days and so on.

I am here mainly for pocket money and honestly, I don’t like to see money I can’t use in my account nor am I in great need of those $4, to feel like it’s worthwhile to wait for weeks until a buyer “remembers” to let me know what he/she wanted or most probably, as in most cases, that they ordered by accident.

I think it’s a good idea for sellers to at least have a choice of whether they want to wait for weeks or not. I, for an instance, wouldn’t like to see incomplete orders just lying there for more than a week.

As sellers, we do our job of replying to buyers as fast as possible and delivering the highest quality we can provide. Buyers should also take their time to activate an order if they really want to buy or let us know that they ordered by accident, so that we can do a mutual cancellation. Good business = mutual respect. 🙂

Archived