Dear Buyers, please read gig entire description before ordering!

suzysays

I just noticed a few recent posts here with some related tips and information, but here are my 2 cents.

Firstly, to all the wonderful, helpful buyers who actually read our entire gig descriptions, understand the cost, what we offer, and are happy to pay and appreciate the value of what they’re getting, and submit all the requested information we ask for in our ‘Instructions for buyer”, I THANK YOU! You make our jobs and the entire process easier.

To anyone else who doesn’t bother to read the gig descriptions, which often times clearly states what you’re getting for $5, and doesn’t submit the proper funds, any or only part of the information we ask for in our buyer instructions once you submit the order - which is there for a purpose (which in my case, once again includes a friendly reminder that my gig cost X words per $5, which some people still ignore) - this only adds to a lot of unnecessary back and forth messaging, causes a delay in receiving your order on time or even ahead of schedule, makes it more difficult for us to know exactly what it is you’re looking for, and just causes a lot of headache.

There is also a reason we have a specific turnaround time as well as a reason you need to pay extra for extra fast delivery. It isn’t fair to put you ahead of 10 other buyers in our queue for free.

I understand if you are new to Fiverr and are still a little unsure about certain procedures or still have some questions about the gig that isn’t listed anywhere clearly. Many of us are happy to answer any questions or submit a custom offer so that there are no uncertainties.

Many of us love our jobs, and love what we do and offer here on Fiverr, but when there are too many instances of people not taking the time to make sure they know exactly what they’re getting and not submitting the proper funds and information, it gets to be a very frustrating and unpleasant experience.

I’m mainly a seller but have ordered many gigs here from other sellers, and I always do my best to understand exactly what each one is offering and submit exactly what they’re asking for in their instructions, or ask questions before ordering.

This is just a little note and reminder for others to do the same. If you already do then, again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, you know who you are, and that is very much appreciated!

This is excellently put, and I couldn’t agree more. What a night-and-day experience it can be to work with a fully engaged buyer as opposed to someone who offers vague guidance and quick criticism. Whether it’s conscious or not, I believe you provide a more effortless, higher quality service to someone who is on the same page with you from the beginning.

Hi guys, let me please ask you Sellers who are mega talented by the way…am i correct in saying that for $5 Fiverr.com Sellers do NOT actually provide a usable file to the client but only provide an idea (design) which is usually very good, but to obtain a ‘printable/usable file’ we can use as clients it’s an extra charge ? Please clarify as this is major frustration as its easy to SAVE AS PDF for a graphic artist and you have done all the work already, but now want extra money making it less attractive to a buyer.

Please clarify. I got some T-shirt designs from Fiverr designers, but could not make a T-shirt with the files because thats extra. WHATS THE POINT ???

Frustrated.

Reply to @jimmygreene: This highly depends on the sellers. Some graphic gigs provide a free PDF along with a JPG file (Flyer gigs for example).

Many sellers will actually deliver an actual usage file for $5 but might charge for a better quality or a different file.

It’s not about the easiness of ‘SAVE AS PDF’ for the sellers. They are advertising a service that does not include PDF and if you want that ‘special’ service, you will need to order the gig extra. If you really appreciate the artwork, you should buy the extra anyway. The sellers only get $4 after the Fiverr cut.

Guest seobookmarkbest

Sellers and buyers need to communicate after the order.

That must be noted is, you can not expect very much and super quality for $ 5.

Sometimes custom order complicating

Reply to @jimmygreene: You can find sellers who will give you source files for $5 but you have to read the gig description and extras to tell. If the description isn’t clear, keep looking. For the seller, it isn’t about how easy or hard it is to press the “save as” button. A seller may actually put a ton of work into your $5 design.

They send you the file and you have a nice sample of what your t-shirt could look like when printed. The seller only gets paid $4 but they take the risk putting all that work in hoping you love it. If you don’t like it, fine, you only spent $5. If you love it, you can buy the source file and the seller gets paid for all the work they already did.

Think about purchases off-Fiverr. A sandwich shop prepares fresh bread, sliced meat, sliced tomato, shredded salad, boiled egg and homeade mayonaisse. They offer a $5 sandwich that has just meat and cheese. The other goodies are extra and some will spoil if no one buys them. They already did the work, so when you buy your food it only takes 5 seconds for them to add all the extras, but it costs you $5 more for the mega-sandwich. It’s hard to compares tangibles to Fiverr, but maybe it helps a little.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently got a negative review (my only one…) because of this issue. Of course, the buyer did not respond when I offered modifications and just moaned about my generic crappy copy. What’s a poor seller to do? It’s not a catastrophe as such, since it might alert other buyers who don’t read gig descriptions but feverishly read negative reviews, but sheesh.

Yes. I have buyers all the time that order and then ask for images or fast delivery and I know they saw that information on the gig to order it as a gig extra. I think reading down the gig extra list can cut back on some misunderstandings. Great post and discussion topic.

I just wish the buyers who order without reading and understanding what a seller offers read this post, its so frustrating when a buyer order something for $5 and think that everything is for that price and when you explain its not they use “But isn’t this Fiverr!” If they have read and understand what you offer for $5 this would not be an issue but on a personal note I just think most buyers are not aware that not everything on here is for $5 . They come on the site with this mindset that it is for that price it would be nice that when they do sign up a letter is sent to them telling them that there are add on services along with the basic order.

• 2 weeks later...

In your gig description place a sentence such as:
PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE YOU ORDER!

This will help to avoid problems. Also make sure you know your buyers requirements and agree what will be done. Remember that most new visitors to the site believe everything is $5 and are pissed off when it costs more. You need to communicate together. Sure, most won’t read everything but once you place that sentence I suggested in bold text, it will change. Almost guaranteed.

Archived