Can somebody give me some tips?

rakova

I’ve recently created my first Fiverr gig! (Hooray!) But to my horror, I’ve come to find that I’m not getting very many orders (None at all actually.) and I want to know what I’m doing wrong. If anyone can help me, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Gig Link: https://www.fiverr.com/s2/ae9b1d702d

I’m just looking for some constructive criticism if about what I should or shouldn’t do. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!

Welcome to Fiverr 😉 I really like your gig and really don’t see anything wrong with it. The only thing I would recommend maybe do a little video in which you can introduce yourself and your services. A gig with video always sells better. The other thing is, I would probably change your gig picture to something more bright, eye catching. Right now the pic is a little too dark therefor it does not stand out from the crowd. Other than that you have to be patient, once you get your first order with a 5 star review you should be able to get more orders on a regular basis. Good luck !!

For starters drop your average delivery time. 7 days is a long time considering others doing it in 3 days or so. Try to add a video of yourself talking about what you do. Those two things should help you out some.

not to mention don’t sound so needy by claiming a "GRAND OPENING SPECIAL: MY FIRST 10 CUSTOMERS WILL RECEIVE FREE 24 HOUR DELIVERY!"

its cool and unique but sounds desperate.

Work on that and see what changes…

Hope this helps.

Have you tried looking in Buyer Requests to see if anyone is looking for what you do? I would monitor that daily. Try promoting your gig to friends outside of Fiverr, and see if you can make a sale that way. If you can do that, then at least you can get a good 5 Star review under your belt for others to see.

Hi @rakova,

I agree with @ardicus and @annai80. I think adjusting your delivery time and adding a video could be helpful. I also think your gig description needs a bit more “pizzazz,” so to speak. It spends very little time talking about what it does (or convincing people that they should even want to buy it), and all of the space is spent dealing with logistics, etc.

Feel free to contact me directly if you’d like to chat more!

David

Changes I’ve made so far:

1. Cover picture updated.
  2. Deleted “GRAND OPENING SPECIAL: MY FIRST 10 CUSTOMERS WILL RECEIVE FREE 24 HOUR DELIVERY!” from description.
  3. Lowered estimated time of delivery. (I actually thought that was the maximum time, lol.)

Changes to be implemented:
  4. Increase “Pizzazz” level of description.
  5. Create a video detailing my Gig.

Is there anything else you guys would suggest?

Guest digilancer99

I would change the pictures on your gig to more vibrant, impressive digital paintings. To be quite honest, I found that original Steve Jobs pictures online, and have recreated something similar to what you have with 2 free filters on my phone. While you may have worked on that painting for a long time, many people won’t really consider how you went about creating it. I would remove the pictures and work on some originals of your own to “wow” potential buyers. Create something that, to a layman, looks like you’ve really put a lot of time and effort into. Remember that as an artist, the first thing buyers look at is your sample pictures. You want to grab their attentions with them.

Another thing I’d change is your actual profile message. I like that you’re honest in saying that you’re just starting out as an artist, but I’m not sure that would convince potential buyers that they should order from you.

Write something about your gig in the description. 1 - 2 lines just introduction of your job would be nice. And more keywords you use in your description more it gets searched by people. Say you try to add few digital painting keyword in your description too.

Lastly even i dint receive any order since 1 month when I started, but I shared my gig to many groups and people on facebook. It helped me a lot. Secondly to start atleast you can ask any of your family or friends to order. This will surely give you a push.

Hope it helps

Hi and welcome to Fiverr!

I think you could place some of the “note:XXX” text in your instruction message for when a buyer orders from you.

Your gig description is a chance to sell yourself so I would focus more on why you’re better than anyone else and why they should choose you.

I agree with the others that you should lose the bold font and that you’re just starting out - it contrasts with you saying you offer a professional service.

You also say that you offer $5 to have the order done in 48 hours but in your gig extra it says extra fast - 1 day.

Hope you get a good first order! Your gig looks interesting.

I would change this :

I’m just starting out as an artist, so I’m hoping to build up a portfolio for myself here on fiverr!"

doesn’t seem very confident, and potentially keeps buyers away who want to work with someone more experienced.

Hey, @rakova . You seem like you’re on the right path, and the other folks on the thread have posted some solid advice. If you’re curious, you can read about my experience as a new seller and what I learned on the way to level 2 to help optimize my gigs. You can read it here: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/58062/32-detailed-tips-to-optimize-your-gigs-and-start-selling-today

@lunabae Thanks for telling me about that fast delivery thing! Almost looked over it! Also, thanks to everyone else so far, your advice seems really solid!

So far I’ve:

Update my gig description

Update my profile information

Will soon add a video

Changed gig gallery

Archived