What would Sellers recommend?

emilyh22

I’ve been selling on fiverr for a little over a week now and I have had some orders but I was wondering if it is more beneficial to set up a virtual assistant gig with everything you can do or have that gig and then maybe another one or two that are more specific and possibly searched for more often? (example: retyping or data entry)

I know it takes time to build your gigs up to where you are getting consistent orders but I was wondering if anyone found this to be helpful or not. I was also wondering if once you become a level 1 seller if you see an increase in buyers?

The more gigs the better! when people search for your keywords you want all of your gigs associated with them to pop up, that way you can get more gigs.

The levels defiantly helps i recently became a level 1 seller and my sells have increased.

Customers like videos so if you are able to post maybe a 20 second video talking a little bit about your gig you will get more sales!!!

The more gigs, the better. You might think what clients want, but until you test the waters you can’t be sure.

Make use of the rather high limits (I think 7 gigs for newcomers, up to 15 for level 1 sellers, which you should be soon). Afterwards you can remove gigs that clients are not particularly interested in and keep only the ones they like buying.

Until then, I’d advise you to keep the guessing to a minimum 🙂

Best of luck with your sales 🙂

Hey Emily,

Out of interest, how do these virtual assistant gigs work? I’ve always been really curious.

Your gig says you work three hours for $4. How is that possible? That’s little more than $1 an hour! Do you manage to combine jobs and earn a decent wage, or do you really work for that?

Thanks. 🙂

Reply to @sara1984: So far none of the tasks have taken 3 hours but since I’m new I’m willing to do more for less money until I get more established. I plan to change it once I get to level 1 most likely. But long term it makes no sense but I saw a lot of gigs that were new and couldn’t get orders so I wanted to make sure I wouldn’t have that problem.

Hi Emily

When I started on Fiverr I did exactly that. Had one very broad gig, would do any graphic design work and a few other very specific gigs (logos, banners and ebook covers). This approach has worked for me and I think should still work. The number of clients grows as your level grows, and making your clients happy will just help you retain those clients for a long time from now on! I have returning clients who have ordered around 50 times already.

Best of luck!

Reply to @marioland: Thanks! It sounded like it would be beneficial but being new to Fiverr I wanted to make sure it was the right way and that it had worked for people. It looks like it has worked very well for you so I will definitely be creating more specific gigs to go along with my broad one!

Archived