One Negative Rating can Destroy you. Beware!

frenchshark

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use a negative review to show how helpful you are when customers aren’t happy. Have your review say something like: I’m so sorry you didn’t like it. I’m always happy to make corrections. Please contact me.

The point is a LOT of potential customers are going to see this and think “this seller is professional, easy to work with, and eager to make me happy.”

Reply to @alessiobux: That’s more like it, the forum is to help people rather than kick them. Just remember when you post comments that there will come a time when you will need help from these people. Would you like them offending you or your work without giving you any advice?

Anyway, I think we got off on the wrong foot.

Reply to @alessiobux:

I’m sorry, but when is:

alessiobux said: I’m sorry to be the rude guy here as a fellow logo designer i have to say that he needs to improve a lot more… and he is lucky that he got 1 negative review.
I check the profile and from what I saw maybe 1 logo was “ok”
ever advice?

Advice would have been what @abidagfx suggested, which was:

abidagfx said:
i saw your profile and logo that got bad feedback was could be more better if you centered the text below triangles. and used a better font like bebas neue OR franchise.
i will suggest that do not use fonts that are provided by default with graphic software.
search for some professional one.

What you wrote was just a brutal use of words and the only reasoning I could see for this, is to advertise your own gig. Anyone correct me if you think I'm out of line for saying that, but I speak my mind.

Reply to @fastadking: I agree 100%. I see too many sellers that say “horrible buyer! Complete waste of time! So upset” and when I read those reviews I think wow that seller is very unprofessional.

I have resolved several unhappy customers simply by being professional. Even though I was NOT at fault, I apologized and asked what I could do to make it right. In both cases the customer left a 5 star review.

Reply to @philtabest:

@alessiobux is not rude. He was just giving his opinions in a constructive way. I don’t see any attempt to advertise his gigs.

@frenchshark, The ultimate key is consistency. Don’t give false impression to the buyer by uploading work that is not designed by you. Otherwise, the buyer will have very high exception and will give negative rating if your new design doesn’t match the quality shown in the samples (i.e. the first three gig images in your portfolio) you uploaded. Plus, if any other find out you’re using stolen logos and art in your logos, you’ll probably get into trouble. Likewise, there are cases that some sellers here use After Effects templates (e.g. from VideoHive by Envato, from VideoBlocks) to create video, and are contacted by the owner to either put them down or display the proper license file, depending on the licensing of the templates.

e.g. Your second gig image is “Parrot” designed by professional brand identity designer Onlyoly: https://dribbble.com/shots/996119-Parrot

Unless you’re actully Onlyoly, I don’t see any reason you can use it as your sample. :-S

Reply to @willpower_hk: thank you for pointing out that my comment was nothing more than a personal opinion. I also saw that he stole images from other website but I didn’t want to say it our I would be the bad guy again.

You can se the different style of logo design from the first 3 pictures and the last 3 logos he give to the clients and its normal that clients get mad if they dont get a good quality work like he show in he’s profile…

Reply to @alessiobux:

It seems the OP has replaced the stolen logo I mentioned. But actually the third sample image still includes lots of logos stolen from Behance and other sites. I don’t care anymore as he’ll only suffer from ignoring my advice. I’m just confused why a person who “claims” to have so many degrees in art needs to steal logos from other sites.

Reply to @willpower_hk:

willpower_hk said: he'll only suffer from ignoring my advice
Unfortunately, anyone who buys from him in good faith will suffer.

People looking to buy logos from a place like Fiverr, are not going to be experts in copyright, service mark etc., law, and they also aren't going to be exceptionally good judges of quality design. They are paying (albeit small money) to have something done that they can't do.

Reply to @alessiobux:

alessiobux said: I also saw that he stole images from other website but I didn't want to say it our I would be the bad guy again.
The only person who will see you as a bad guy is the person who is stealing, lying to people and asking others to help them do it. Does their opinion really matter to you?

@frenchshark, Here’s some sound advice: Sell something you can actually do yourself. I know you’re selling logos because Fiverr sells a lot of them, but look at it this way; that category is flooded with sellers. There is too much competition from quality sellers and people like you who are just looking to cash in. Figure out something that YOU CAN DO, that sells well, but isn’t flooded. You’ll get more orders and won’t have to trick people into doing it.

It’s one of the most painful facts about freelancing that you are left at the mercy of a buyer’s feedback. But surprisingly its not too different from real world consulting. I think one bad review wether online or offline can defenitely cost you but ‘Destroy you’ is an understatement. There will always be situations like these, the best thing to do is deal with it, try to fix it if possible and move on.

Archived