Need Feedback: How Can We Help You with Late Deliveries?

kashmiah

Guest frismahendra

Hi, I just want to tell about my experience when i’ve got bad feedback even i already send the order but not in the page order but in message, just some advice that fiverr team should review the message too before decided the next step for the buyer. I said that because in my case fiverr team just review the order page number not in message.

Thank you, hopefully it can helpto build better system to protect the buyer rights.

regards

Frismahendra

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some customers that usually have no rush… But the gig has a time, and it expired, or i have to deliver half work or to run, and after this, maybe the customer just do not answer for weeks. The problem is that they may come back after lot of time to rescue the final part, you just do it happy to earn the money he gave you trough fiverr… but it is a mess because you have probably planned a way to manage the actual orders, and it would be nice, to manage the time on common agreement.

ALSO:

It happens that (for mistake) a customer ORDERS MULTIPLE gigs… But the time is not added.

I.E.: i have to make 12 portraits… each gig or portrait is maybe 1 week (just saying)

The customer directly order 12 gigs!! and so i have to manage 12 portraits in the time of only one! (is not only the 12 portraits that i have to do, but other 10/15 orders, probably… so for this ISSUE we should have 20/30 gig to manage in 1 gig time, cause of the MULTIPLE ORDER that doesnt add the time… )

SO:

I think that a deal option, that can help us to explain and get the right time when situations as the 12 portraits happen…would be helpfull!

Ah! another thing… Do not let buyer to add extra after the deliver, maybe they do while its night time in your country, and you see the gig disappearing … I mean it should be way that, if the customer ADD an extra feature, NEXT to the 24h of closing time, it should be seen a message saying : THE TIME IS QUITE EXPIRE and maybe a way to add a resonable time, maybe 24h extra or 24 , at least to give the seller a chance to complete it…

And also avoid sellers to be scammed from who used this to let the gig expire and get refunds and works, easly.

One of the problems that I’ve had as a seller is not being able to complete an order without certain input from the buyer, but the buyer drops off the face of the earth. Recently I had a 24-hour express order and even though I sent the customer three emails asking for clarification, I got nothing back. I let the order count down to 30 minutes left until I delivered the best I could. I stipulated that the order was incomplete and the customer needed to contact me so we could put it back on track, but it’s been over a week and still nothing.

There needs to be something in place to deal with customers who don’t communicate in a timely manner and prevent the seller from completing the order on time.

Reply to @renflowergrapx: I think this is a good suggestion, that when people buy several quantities as your gig, it should be counted as separate orders.

However, as a seller, this is also about your own workflow too. I mean what if you started getting a lot of orders from different people in general? Lets say you had 10 people come and place an order today, then your time of delivery on your ad would need to be extended in general to accomdate your growing business on Fiverr to begin with.

I agree mostly with @dtongsports–if a seller has a problem with chronic lateness, they need to extend their delivery times. That’s the seller’s responsibility. If they get an average of ten orders a day and they can’t handle ten orders a day, they need to adjust their delivery times so that they might not only get fewer orders, but also have more time to do those orders.

However, I do think that it would be be a good idea to have some sort of better solution for sellers who, for example, deliver before their deadlines, but are then pushed into lateness by modification requests. If a seller is willing to accommodate modification requests, I don’t think they should be penalized by a buyer taking two to three days to look over their work and ask for changes. The same goes for situations where buyers “start” orders but don’t actually provide complete instructions. Some sort of system to pause the clock while the seller waits for the full instructions would be great.

Also, it would be great to have an option to extend the delivery time on an order for more than ten gig multiples or something or above a certain dollar amount. Most sellers don’t want set their delivery times by how long it would take them to do the largest possible order they could receive, since most orders will be for the smallest possible amount.

Reply to @sincere18: This problem represents about 5% of my orders, but even that’s too much. Currently I’m offering all my gigs as 24-hour express deliveries to help me push sales, and the vast majority of my customers are very prompt in their communications. But like everybody else has said, it only takes one or two “bad” customers to spoil a seller rating, and these sort of customers can create problems that are difficult to resolve.

This is how I handle it and how I’m almost never late and what I would want.

1. Make it a rule and part of your policy that they need to submit information or you will go into LATE status and ruin your reputation and if you cancel unless its mutual it ruins you too and they can’t come back and work with you unless its for more money. Do they really want to work with you? Then have the stuff ready. If not you will cancel the order, plan and simple.

2. GET RID OF THE CANCELLATION RATIO! What is really the purpose of this, isn’t that already covered within the ratings of a person and the “SELLER badges”? Isn’t most of what needs to be sent or done the responsibility of the seller in the description?

3. INCREASE the description options and words per lot box allowed like you did with seller requirements.

4. INCREASE the video introduction, it can help explain more of the process for the buyer, you guys cut back on the times on the introduction video I think to 1.

5. AGAIN GET RID OF THE CANCELLATION RATIO…

Part of post analysis that you are doing Fiverr staff is to determine what works and what doesn’t unless you are stubborn in trying to stay with something and trying to make it work when it clearly doesn’t.

JUST REMOVE IT! I’ve noticed you will do big additions to the website but won’t take a leap of faith to remove things.

GET RID OF THE CANCELLATION RATIO!!! DONE AND DONE!

I do believe that there should be a button for mutual agreement to extend the time so both parties are on the same page. Difficulties do arise, unexpected do happen in every day life - freelancers are people too and have a life apart from fulfilling orders. But I think both persons should agree on the extra time.

This is TOP RATED SELLER ON FIVERR - CHATHURANGAK

I LOST MY BADGE BECOZ I HAVE MANY ORDERS THAT I CANNOT DELIVER ON TIME SO FIVERR MAKES ME LEVEL 2 seller.

i know its really important to deliver on time BUT, i have an idea

can fiverr do make a feature like this - can you make a job limit section? for each gig ? which mean is we can manage our orders with gig order limit so we can put how many orders we can accept in next so we can manage order orders and order time. this is really good idea for fiverr sellers here i’am attaching a screen shot of what i mean,

i lv to working on fiverr

so i know our sellers really need this 🙂 take a look about my idea

Guest vote_heaven

I think only the deadline should be increased in case of multiple quantity orders. So far, everything is okay except multiple quantity. Thanks.

I’d really like to be able to discuss and set a custom deadline up front. This requires no additional work or reason to go back and renegotiate a deadline. I’d like to be able to pick down the hour for delivery - so say if I leave the office at 8:00PM on a Wednesday, I’d tell the client I’d have it by end of day Wednesday, select the correct time from a local clock for me (8:00PM), and the time the client sees would be translated to their own local time. This requires no math on their part to check when delivery will be.

Additionally - my gigs most often go “late” because they were ordered incorrectly or a client has literally said there was no rush on delivery so I prioritize rush orders first. A way to let customers check “low priority” so they can choose to opt for a longer delivery time may also reduce the events of late deliveries.

As for misorders - a simple way to change the bonuses added to the gig would seem the least intrusive way. If it changes the fee, it can request an additional payment or grant a refund. Timer would naturally begin once the customer agrees (and pays) with any changes made.

Create a feature in the seller’s account settings for text message reminder. This feature should have a drop-down menu of several options such as “remind me when gig is due in 4 hours” or " 3 hours left" or " 1 hour left". The seller can enable/disable this feature under his dashboard.

Archived