How to be a Perfect Buyer: Seller's Intructions

samanderson

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I have a fiverr question. I put in for a service I wanted performed. I received about 20 replies from various fiverr sellers. My question is this, do I need to go on and tell the other 19 thank you for your reply but I already purchased a gig? Or do I just not respond at all? That just feels kind of rude to me.

Thanks.

Reply to @deaun1: What happens when the seller doesn’t say what they need? When the seller just asks the buyer to send them what they ‘want’?

My first experience as a buyer was great. The seller asked for colours, fonts, images and more, so I knew exactly what to send. The logo I was delivered was fabulous.

The next experience from a different seller was less that satisfying. They didn’t ask any questions so I gave them similar info that I sent the first seller. They delivered a gig that didn’t have anything on it that I had stated. No communication with me until it was delivered. I said I didn’t like it, the next thing I know it’s been ‘completed’. How did that happen???

Sellers are the experts in their trade, they need to ask for the information they need to complete the task up front…I feel ripped off.

As a buyer I did my best to ‘guess’ what the seller needed, but really, I don’ think I should have to do that.

Reply to @petedog1: No. That is too much work. It would be nice to respond to all those sellers, but it is not necessary. I also put out requests and get so many potential buyers answering me that I don’t have time to open their message let alone respond to them.

Bottom line: Once you have found your seller, purchase the gig and move on 😉

Bruce

Reply to @jennyf: Hey Jenny. You are right and sellers and buyers both need to communicate. Fiverr has great tools to protect both buyers and sellers. You do not have to feel ripped off ever. If you feel the seller did not respond to your needs, you can always reject the work and tell them to re-perform it. The worst case scenario is to give bad feedback, but I feel that it is necessary. No seller likes receiving that, so communicate with the seller and click the reject button and tell them to do it again. If the seller does not answer, you get your money back.

On only one occasion on Fiverr, I delivered a gig rejected and the seller was not satisfied, but I always tell buyers to let me know if they need changes or corrections. This buyer accepted my apology and I redid the job and got a great review from the buyer, but if I had never responded to that buyer, I as the seller would have lost the sale and the buyer would have gotten the money back, so you will never feel ripped off.

I hope this helps.

Bruce

Archived