Frustrating Experiences with Customer Communication

riss02

Hi, all! 

I have been a seller on Fiverr for 6+ years now & am very grateful to call this platform a significant source of my income. I am coming on here to ask a genuine question (and maybe rant a bit too...). I have a day job that I work for several hours in which I am unable to respond to Fiverr clients consistently. It doesn't affect my response rate because I always answer within at least 24 hours & I prioritize answering client messages at least 3-4 times a day - it is just those few hours during the day in which I cannot immediately respond. However, some clients really seem to take offense to this. If I don't respond back to their message within a few minutes I get a lot of responses that look like this: 

"??"

"Hello? Are you there?"

"Carissa? Have you seen this? 

I politely try to explain to them that this is not a text messaging system, I have other life obligations/jobs, and I will respond to them as soon as I am able (typically within 3-4 hours). However, they don't seem to understand that & continue this behavior. 

Here's my question - is this common among the Fiverr space? Are other sellers experiencing this unprofessional behavior? My business on Fiverr is a work exchange - I would never email a client or boss in this manner. So why are these buyers messaging like this? Would love to know your thoughts as a seller & any ways you have found to avoid this. It is frustrating!! Thanks! 

• Sad 1

Thanks for the topics. Since I am a new seller, I have no experience like you regarding this subject. But I hope some expert and experienced sellers will give their insight to help you remove your frustration. So, don't worry.  And as you try to manage them politely by explaining the reason for the late response, that's great.