Can my cousin login his account on my laptop as my account got flagged by Fiverr?

digimaniacss

Question

My Fiverr account got flagged, and I don't know the reason and CS is unable to answer. 

Now my question is my cousin wants to use/log in to his account on my laptop (as his laptop went for a repair) but he is afraid that his account will also get flagged.

I request that CS to please address this issue:

Can he log in to his account on my laptop?
Is there any chance that Fiverr can put a label flagged on his account also?

Anyone who can address this issue will be highly appreciated.

• Like 4

4 answers to this question

On 10/14/2024 at 4:24 AM, digimaniacss said:

My Fiverr account got flagged, and I don't know the reason and CS is unable to answer. 

Now my question is my cousin wants to use/log in to his account on my laptop (as his laptop went for a repair) but he is afraid that his account will also get flagged.

I request that CS to please address this issue:

Can he log in to his account on my laptop?
Is there any chance that Fiverr can put a label flagged on his account also?

Anyone who can address this issue will be highly appreciated.

Hi there!

Using your laptop to operate his account is not a violation of our Community Guidelines. As long as your cousin is not going against our TOS, his account will not get flagged. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Kesha said:

As long as your cousin is not going against our TOS, his account will not get flagged. 

If there's 2 accounts on the same laptop won't Fiverr's system think it's the same person trying to use 2 accounts and flag the accounts (eg. if they don't use separate Windows accounts on the laptop or separate browser accounts)?

Also wouldn't the cousin (if selling) need to have gigs in different subcategories than the OP's account that's on the same laptop?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, uk1000 said:

If there's 2 accounts on the same laptop won't Fiverr's system think it's the same person trying to use 2 accounts and flag the accounts (eg. if they don't use separate Windows accounts on the laptop or separate browser accounts)?

Actually no, that's what I have been telling others from the start. The Fiverr algorithm is very smart and it can easily detect whether two accounts are operated by the same user or different users. There are many ways to track that including heatmaps (something like the attached image).

17-1.png

The way people browse the website, the way they press keystrokes or move their mouse can easily feed data to the algorithm whether it's the same person or a different one. And of course, there could be thousands of other factors that the algorithm considers (which we may not even think about)!

• Like 1
  • Up 2
  • Insightful 1

59 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

The way people browse the website, the way they press keystrokes or move their mouse can easily feed data to the algorithm whether it's the same person or a different one. And of course, there could be thousands of other factors that the algorithm considers (which we may not even think about)!

They could be doing that. I don't remember them saying they use heatmaps though. And if they do I don't think the heatmaps would be totally able to distinguish 2 different people totally accurately though. Maybe some people might use a website in a very similar way (including twins?) or maybe one user might use the website in a different way at different times.

People have been flagged but we don't know accurate figures for how many have been accurately and falsely flagged for having 2 accounts on one device (for 2 different people).

It would probably be more secure for them to create separate Windows accounts for each user on the laptop though. And Fiverr also wouldn't see cookies with different account users in.

Edited by uk1000