What significantly impacts the things you do on your success score?

thejamuhh

Question

This post is targeted at people with high success scores. 

Currently I am facing difficulties with that system. it says that my negative points are "Effective communication" and "Client satisfaction" another gig also says no key ereas to improve (which sounds more like : We maybe know what you do wrong, and we punish you for it, but we are not going to tell you what it is!)

While I don't see anything going wrong with my orders, orders get done, people use the designs, customers stay friendly, good reviews, these factors still have massive influence in my success score. It could also be Dutch directness, which might seem non-professional to the Fiverr measurements or something, again, IDK.

I am also working a full time job while doing freelance, which means that I do not always have the time for a project, and have to friendly reject the project. I also don't take any project when the inbox messaging feels odd, or when they want gigantic discounts etc. 

I will give an example on one of my gigs

This gig is new, and has a total of 2 orders, from the same person. 
This customer was new to Fiverr, and 70 years old. That meant that I had alot to explain, check with him and reworked alot of stuff due to some mistakes from his part.

Now this gig scores a 4! With

"

These key areas impact this Gig’s score the most:

There are no specific areas significantly impacting your Gig's score. Learn how to improve your Gig score

"

My question for those freelancers with high success scores, What are specific things you do, that keep (the mentioned) performance metrics high? Examples would be amazing. Thanks in advance. Also, share what you think about the metric system, I think it "works" on paper, but not in the real world, we are freelancers, not machines!

• Like 3

6 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, thejamuhh said:

I think it "works" on paper, but not in the real world, we are freelancers, not machines!

You just summed it up aptly, and unfortunately, this is how it treats us!

There are no specifics to improve/sustain the score but a few basic things which are in our control can be:

- Be as polite, professional and detailed as possible on the order page.

- Avoid any disagreements or unpleasant conversations with the buyers. Even when they react, maintain composure.  

- Before sending any message/acting on anything - remember that they might not say anything, leave a good public review but can still rate us poorly in the private review!! 😭

And to sum it up, I made a meme:😎

image.jpeg.1175695de6e4c3cc7b0cb04541b87865.jpeg

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 1
  • Support 1

1 minute ago, priyank_mod said:

this is how it treats us!

How much sound do we have to make in order for them to open their eyes? I feel like no one agrees with these metrics. And I also think not everyone working at Fiverr either understands the system. At least that's the feeling I got from the last time I contacted customer support. But I also think the responses on customer support are full with automated messages. I wrote a few things about the system and how it flaws etc.

Here is a part of what i said

"heart of advice, educate yourself on what many sellers on Fiverr are saying. Because you all seem to have no idea!

and then got back:

"This is a great suggestion and I will immediately forward it to our Product Developers.
Hopefully, this could be implemented someday.

In the meantime stay updated on everything new on Fiverr by following us on social media."

And yes, that meme is painfully accurate! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, priyank_mod said:

We do have a 68-page topic full of rants from hundreds of us. Not sure if you read it but it offers good perspective and learnings/experience of many veteran sellers. 

I have not seen that yet, where is this available? Would love to spend some time going trough that 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thejamuhh said:

My question for those freelancers with high success scores, What are specific things you do, that keep (the mentioned) performance metrics high?

I have no idea. I have a 9 succstress score overall, with my lowest gig score being an 8. I don't get a lot of orders, though. Maybe that's the key!

I will give an example on one of my gigs

I had a new gig that received its only 2 orders within the first week, and a month after that the succstress score for it was 6. I was miffed because one order was a return client on their 11th order with me who never, EVER accepts the delivery or reviews publicly. The other order had a long chat history with one snag after I asked for information not provided in the requirement form, but from that point on they were praising me left and right.

Now, the gig has a succstress score of 8. So, it went up two points without there being any new orders since those two five months ago.

I also don't take any project when the inbox messaging feels odd, or when they want gigantic discounts etc. 

I do this a lot--especially lately. People have been expecting free work or their budgets are far below my rates.

I know how to communicate professionally while declining their project and provide autoreply instructions on how to find a compatible freelancer. Sometimes, I'll provide a link to search results.

I think it "works" on paper

I don't think it even works on paper, either.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 2