What’s your best Fiverr Advice?

Kesha

2 hours ago, mehboobahmed6821 said:

2: if client is ever wrong , re-read rule 1

If the client is wrong wouldn't it be better to politely show & say that they are wrong (not saying "you are wrong" but another way)? eg. if they ask for something and something about what they ask for would mean lots more work but they say "oh it won't require x to be done" you could show them exactly why x would need to be done, why it would take a lot longer to do that task and maybe if quoting a price, why it could cost more.

It's surely best to be honest if the buyer is making incorrect statements, with proof to back up the actual truth.

• Like 7

On 9/12/2024 at 10:05 AM, sunboatrecords said:

DO NOT CAUSE ANY FRICTION WITH THE CLIENTS.

They hire you to “take the pain away”. They have a problem and, you are hired to solve it. So, avoid causing the client any type of suffering after they hire you.

I choose my words very carefully. This may seem odd but, it goes down to an existential level. Think about it.

As for the rest, I agree with the people above.

dotu_art literally half-assed anything i told him of my commission and every time i had to make him re-do something because he had done it incorrectly, if that isn't friction then i am Santa Claus

in the end he cancelled the order, i was the one who had started the order, and the avatar he was making was nearly done too

• Like 6

On 9/11/2024 at 11:10 PM, mandyzines said:

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Your investment of time, energy, and money can be gone in the blink of an eye if the "AI" on the site misinterprets something and the likelihood of you being left in the dark without any recourse is very high.

Best Advice! 👏

• Like 6

Never expect to get more orders by setting a meager price. There are some toxic buyers, because they are very greedy(including Fiverr Select buyers), expecting to provide services worth dozens of dollars for just five dollars, and then they make all sorts of false promises to you, such as saying there will be more orders in the future, you will become famous, or they are big companies, only looking to exploit you and make you meet their unreasonable expectations. 

Edited by lee_petrovich
Optimization
  • Like 6

On 9/14/2024 at 12:47 PM, uk1000 said:

If the client is wrong wouldn't it be better to politely show & say that they are wrong (not saying "you are wrong" but another way)? eg. if they ask for something and something about what they ask for would mean lots more work but they say "oh it won't require x to be done" you could show them exactly why x would need to be done, why it would take a lot longer to do that task and maybe if quoting a price, why it could cost more.

It's surely best to be honest if the buyer is making incorrect statements, with proof to back up the actual truth.

This is so important, yes. And it´s good to refer to it in things previously discussed, for example, on tuesday you said this and this, according to research unfortunately it is not possible (show facts) and that is why I cannot meet your expectations (e.g.) and then give alternatives or solutions to then still complete or to cancel the order. 

• Like 3

On 9/11/2024 at 1:40 PM, mandyzines said:

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Your investment of time, energy, and money can be gone in the blink of an eye if the "AI" on the site misinterprets something and the likelihood of you being left in the dark without any recourse is very high.

100% agree with this and a lesson a lot of us have learned - especially over the last few months. Deliver quality on Fiverr - most definitely but I think diversification in terms of where one is building one's business is critical

• Like 3
  • Support 1

6 hours ago, nipaislam640 said:

To keep the client satisfied by any means. Update yourself from time to time.

to increase your earnings, increase your learnings, it is the value of your expertise in the service you offer that is proportionate to how well you do in fiverr

• Like 1