Buyer asked for my email address

abrarfahim1996

Question

17 answers to this question

It's a scam message from someone trying to get your details and then probably try to scam you by taking money out of your account if you followed their later instructions.

Since you've already reported the message I assume you already suspected it was a scam message. Since it's already been reported there's no more you need to do (unless you want to report it to CS at the help desk). It might or might not affect your response rate if you haven't replied.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12
  • Up 2
  • Insightful 1

On 9/6/2024 at 9:20 PM, abrarfahim1996 said:

image.png.05f8db665003eced96e845a7f60140ef.png
Buyer sent me this email 

As a new seller, I am bit confused 

Today I got the same experience. A client just asked for my mail and when i told him that it's against fiverr rules and regulations so I can not give him may mail he also send me this SS to prove his point.  

photo_2024-07-29_03-46-57.jpg

Edited by venus_listing
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2024 at 10:33 AM, shahnasar said:

For what purpose he is asking for? if there is any solid reason behind this then you can mention it in your conversation with the client when you are given an email address. so, probably fiverr will not restrict your account.

It's too risky though, Isn't it?😕

Why should anyone take such risk when there is even a slides chance of being account restricted?🙄

Sorry if I'm wrong but I don't think it's worth it.🙂

Edited by venus_listing
  • Like 3

For what purpose he is asking for? if there is any solid reason behind this then you can mention it in your conversation with the client when you are given an email address. so, probably fiverr will not restrict your account.

• Like 7