The Importance of a Seller Intro Video

Kesha

Looking to convert more clicks into actual sales? Consider adding an introduction video to your profile.

An intro video is your chance to connect and captivate potential buyers. It’s where you can introduce yourself, your services and your experiences in a short, snappy 20-60 clip. 

In today’s digital landscape, short-form video content reigns supreme. In fact, 73% of people prefer watching a short video rather than reading when learning about a new service. It makes sense, videos are easier and quicker to digest. By including this feature on your profile, you’re able to sell yourself in an engaging and memorable way. Plus, with most buyers only skimming profiles, a video ensures they don’t miss any critical information.

A video can also help add a touch of humanity to your services. You may have heard it before, “people buy from people, not businesses”. Seeing you in action beyond a name on the screen helps buyers connect with you on a deeper level. This makes it more likely they’ll choose you to do business with. 

Beyond personal connection, a video overview can also foster trust among buyers. When choosing the right seller, buyers want assurance that they’re dealing with an honest and reliable professional who will provide good returns on their investments. By creating a short form introduction to your service, you’ll showcase your face, build credibility, and ensure buyers that you’re a legitimate person who is willing to be transparent. 

Ultimately, having a seller’s video sets you apart from competitors who lack one. It's your chance to condense your selling points, display your personality and build trust. Incorporate one to your profile and you will likely become the seller they remember. 

Need guidance on adding a video? Check out more information here.

• Like 158
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 7

• Kesha pinned this topic
On 12/14/2023 at 1:11 PM, frank_d said:

I was wondering: do you have any official Fiverr stats that demonstrate a boost in performance in accounts that added an intro video vs accounts that didn’t?

On 12/16/2023 at 10:58 AM, hedayetsaadi556 said:

Looking forward to the response from Kesha.

Either there won't be any reply, or we are left with the obvious thing... from what I see in search results, there's no priority or anything showing that sellers with a video receive any type of boost. I assume that if people see an account featuring a profile video, they click on it. But it doesn't seem you will receive any kind of boost. I never had a video on my profile and it doesn't seem that Fiverr has dismissed my profile or pushed others that do have a video. So, I hope they won't enforce people to have a video, that's not my cup of tea and I would rather not be forced to have one.

For the time being, I see Kesha's post as an encouragement and not anything mandatory. And I do hope it stays like that, because not everyone wants to have a profile video, not everyone is comfortable in front of a camera or wants to have a profile video. 

• Like 92
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 5

On 12/14/2023 at 6:51 PM, Kesha said:

In today’s digital landscape, short-form video content reigns supreme. In fact, 73% of people prefer watching a short video rather than reading when learning about a new service.

I 100% agree with that, but I have a logical question 😅

How does it correspond with the new gig page layout? 

A year ago, I was recommended by my success manager to create short gig videos for my potential customers, and now, they need to make 3-4 clicks to find it (I am sure that 99% of them will never do that). 

Instead, they are offered to watch my intro video and read my bio, which lacks logic. 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 67
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I can see how a video intro may be very valuable, but will clients click on the little arrow that comes when you hover on a gig? 🤔

This is not like YouTube, where you can see a little preview of the video when we hover in a gig.

I think, an intro video is only going to be useful if a buyer ACTUALLY clicks on the gig.

• Like 46
  • Up 4

On 12/16/2023 at 11:06 PM, donnovan86 said:

Either there won't be any reply, or we are left with the obvious thing... from what I see in search results, there's no priority or anything showing that sellers with a video receive any type of boost. I assume that if people see an account featuring a profile video, they click on it. But it doesn't seem you will receive any kind of boost. I never had a video on my profile and it doesn't seem that Fiverr has dismissed my profile or pushed others that do have a video. So, I hope they won't enforce people to have a video, that's not my cup of tea and I would rather not be forced to have one.

For the time being, I see Kesha's post as an encouragement and not anything mandatory. And I do hope it stays like that, because not everyone wants to have a profile video, not everyone is comfortable in front of a camera or wants to have a profile video. 

Thank you for this explanation. This helps a lot.  Not everyone comfortable with video  

• Like 37
  • Up 3

But don't you think an intro video will be only useful when your buyer finds your gig/profile, actually clicks on it and sees it?

Fiverr is no yt or TikTok where the clients just come to the site and get bombarded with millions of vids. Day by day it is getting very hard for us as sellers to get a client to click on our gigs/profile. So I don't think this intro video thing will work, it might work though if the interface of fiverr is like those of video-sharing platforms. 

• Like 36
  • Up 2

I did notice a very slight up-tic in clicks when I added a short introductory video of myself. I do not believe it is a good video (unfortunately - and I do plan to work on this). The presence of a video however did not help me to create orders. I took the video down after a week and decided my profile received more traffic with the video. Hence, I added it back. I also created a video with just a voiceover story and that did not help at all! I think I will work on creating a nice introductory script and create a new video similar to the one I currently have. I am just not sure what to say in my introduction beyond what I already have. So, advice is appreciated. 

• Like 32
  • Up 2

11 hours ago, websitedesignne said:

A seller introduction video can play an important role in establishing a strong connection with potential customers and increasing sales. Here are some reasons why a seller intro video is important and discussed in detail

Have you got a video intro? Let me answer that for you.  NO, you haven't! 

So why are you posting chatGPT generated content without having any experience or knowledge on the topic? 

• Like 31
  • Up 5

I know the importance of the Fiverr Seller profile introduction video. It is very valuable and helpful.

But for this, I don't know how to make video with a mobile screen. Because I don't have a camera or anything.

• Like 23
  • Up 2

In my experience, video doesn't boost the impression. I tried all of the staff that Fiverr recommends, but nothing worked for me. It's 1 year left, and I didn't get any orders from Fiverr until 3 months ago. I completed an order but the client converted it from social media to Fiverr.

• Like 24
  • Up 2

• Lena unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 8:51 PM, Kesha said:

Looking to convert more clicks into actual sales? Consider adding an introduction video to your profile.

An intro video is your chance to connect and captivate potential buyers. It’s where you can introduce yourself, your services and your experiences in a short, snappy 20-60 clip. 

In today’s digital landscape, short-form video content reigns supreme. In fact, 73% of people prefer watching a short video rather than reading when learning about a new service. It makes sense, videos are easier and quicker to digest. By including this feature on your profile, you’re able to sell yourself in an engaging and memorable way. Plus, with most buyers only skimming profiles, a video ensures they don’t miss any critical information.

A video can also help add a touch of humanity to your services. You may have heard it before, “people buy from people, not businesses”. Seeing you in action beyond a name on the screen helps buyers connect with you on a deeper level. This makes it more likely they’ll choose you to do business with. 

Beyond personal connection, a video overview can also foster trust among buyers. When choosing the right seller, buyers want assurance that they’re dealing with an honest and reliable professional who will provide good returns on their investments. By creating a short form introduction to your service, you’ll showcase your face, build credibility, and ensure buyers that you’re a legitimate person who is willing to be transparent. 

Ultimately, having a seller’s video sets you apart from competitors who lack one. It's your chance to condense your selling points, display your personality and build trust. Incorporate one to your profile and you will likely become the seller they remember. 

Need guidance on adding a video? Check out more information here.

thanks I want to know in video we shall create our work video or ourself moreover, which software is best for them?

• Like 12