We need a process for when buyers go quiet.

I offer training sessions, which are by far my most successful gigs – maybe 80%+ of my orders.

For almost as long as I've done it I've been collecting orders. Buyers place orders and then just stop responding completely, never scheduling a time to meet. For whatever reason, they seem quite content with Fiverr holding on to their money, and receiving nothing in return, indefinitely.

I don't get it!

It’s a lot better now the system automatically approves extension requests, so the orders don't go late, but it doesn't solve the problem of the orders just sitting there. Currently I have six of these orders worth hundreds of dollars, most of which have been sat there for a year or more. For whatever reason, no amount of messaging the customers seems to help – even when I can see they’ve been online.

I’ve considered cancelling but I don’t want my Success Score, my place in the search rankings, or my Fiverr’s Choice badges to be affected by cancellations that are not my fault.

So, what I’ve done so far is to just keep extending these orders until the buyer replies. Now, let’s say, one day they do and I can complete the orders – I'll then have a ridiculously long delivery time, which looks bad but is, again, not my fault.

There needs to be a clear system or policy in place to resolve these issues where the seller is not penalised for cancellations, slow deliveries, getting in touch with support etc.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Support 3

I remember reading about your dilemma a few months back where you wrote about having multiple orders being stuck on the dashboard. 

There should be a rule where if a buyer goes absconding/MIA for a week or max 2 weeks, then we should be allowed to submit and complete the orders without any repercussions (cancellation or bad ratings). Provided before going MIA - buyer had provided all the prerequisite information to the seller to start and complete the work and of course, no partial/wrong deliveries are allowed.

In your case, maybe a recording of your training session can be submitted which buyers can view as and when they return.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I offer training sessions, which are by far my most successful gigs – maybe 80%+ of my orders.

For almost as long as I've done it I've been collecting orders. Buyers place orders and then just stop responding completely, never scheduling a time to meet. For whatever reason, they seem quite content with Fiverr holding on to their money, and receiving nothing in return, indefinitely.

I don't get it!

It’s a lot better now the system automatically approves extension requests, so the orders don't go late, but it doesn't solve the problem of the orders just sitting there. Currently I have six of these orders worth hundreds of dollars, most of which have been sat there for a year or more. For whatever reason, no amount of messaging the customers seems to help – even when I can see they’ve been online.

I’ve considered cancelling but I don’t want my Success Score, my place in the search rankings, or my Fiverr’s Choice badges to be affected by cancellations that are not my fault.

So, what I’ve done so far is to just keep extending these orders until the buyer replies. Now, let’s say, one day they do and I can complete the orders – I'll then have a ridiculously long delivery time, which looks bad but is, again, not my fault.

There needs to be a clear system or policy in place to resolve these issues where the seller is not penalised for cancellations, slow deliveries, getting in touch with support etc.

Yes there should be a proper system for this. Totally agreed with you

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I don't get it!

Thanks for this feedback! I have passed it along to the relevant team for consideration. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1