Account Disabled Due to Unauthorized Access – Need Help!

Hi Fiverr Community,

I’m seeking assistance with a troubling issue involving my Fiverr account. My account was recently compromised, and unauthorized messages were sent out, leading to my account being disabled for violating Community Standards.

Here’s what happened:

1. Unauthorized Access:

• My account was accessed by an unauthorized party who sent the following message to multiple sellers: "Неllо. I'vе lооked аt sevеrаl оffеrs, but yours сleаrlу stands out in tеrms оf priсе and quаlitу. I hаvе triеd tо mаkе раymеnt but thе sitе аsks for уоur email address. Соuld уоu plеasе sеnd it tо me."
    • I only discovered this after receiving a notification from Fiverr about an unrecognized login attempt while I was asleep. By the time I checked, my account had already been restricted.
  2. Actions Taken:

• I have changed my password, enabled two-factor authentication, and removed all unrecognized devices from my account.
  3. Support Ticket:

• I’ve submitted a support ticket (Ticket ID: #12063145) detailing the issue and provided evidence of the unauthorized access, but my account remains disabled.

I’m posting here because I’ve found other users experiencing similar issues, which you can see in these threads:

I’m hoping that a moderator or a member of the community can offer advice or help escalate this issue to get my account reinstated. I’ve always adhered to Fiverr’s rules and provided quality service to my clients.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Usman Tariq

• Like 8

Support will eventually restore your account but they will do their due diligence thoroughly before doing so. 

You cannot do anything except but to wait for their further instructions. It might take up to a few weeks of time. 

• Like 10

From my experience, Fiverr support will disable your account temporarily to verify you. In the meantime, the Fiverr Support Team will ask for some information from you, for example, the last 4 digits of your phone number, your National ID/Passport number, and your Fiverr account security question. When you successfully provide this information to the Fiverr support team, they will restore your account.

• Like 8

@priyank_mod

Thank you for your encouraging words. I appreciate your optimism, but I’m a bit concerned because the support team explicitly mentioned that my account is disabled and will be permanently suspended after 60 days. While I understand they need to thoroughly review the situation, the indication of a permanent suspension is what worries me most.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, usmantariq301 said:

I’m a bit concerned because the support team explicitly mentioned that my account is disabled and will be permanently suspended after 60 days.

Usually, the default hypothesis in such cases is that you (the account owner) sent those texts. So their response is part of their SOP. 

But there have been similar cases many times here. You just need to be patient and present your case with relevant proof. 

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, usmantariq301 said:

but I’m a bit concerned because the support team explicitly mentioned that my account is disabled and will be permanently suspended after 60 days.

You'll get same response if create another ticket, so wait for the response on ticket you are following.

Edited by wordpresssp
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

@developerlikhon

Thank you for sharing your experience. I haven’t been asked for additional information yet, but I’m prepared to provide whatever they need to resolve this issue. Hopefully, this is just a part of their process, and my account will be restored soon.

Edited by usmantariq301
  • Like 7

@priyank_mod

I completely understand that Fiverr’s initial assumption might be that the account owner sent those texts, given the circumstances. I have provided evidence that my account was compromised, including sharing screenshots and details with support.  Hopefully they’ll see the situation for what it is. Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

• Like 6

Hi @usmantariq301, you got that email because someone reported you before you reported that your account has been compromised. Rest assured the team will review your account, and until it's safe to be used again it will remain restricted, so it's good that you reported this the moment you noticed what was going on. As soon as the team is done with the review, they'll let you know and provide any instructions needed to secure the account. For any additional questions or dilemmas, feel free to let them know. Hope this helps and good luck 🍀

• Like 5

Hi @ana_tomy,

Thank you so much for your reassurance and for taking the time to explain the situation. I really appreciate your guidance on this matter. It’s comforting to know that the review is underway and that the account will only be restored once it’s secure.

I'll patiently await further instructions from the support team. If anything else comes up, I’ll be sure to reach out.

Thanks again for your support and best wishes!

• Like 4
  • Support 1

Hi @ana_tomy,

I hope you're doing well. It's been 8 days since my account was restricted, and unfortunately, I haven't received any response from the Fiverr Help Center. I’ve followed up with additional proofs but still haven’t heard back.

I’ve always provided the best service to my clients, as reflected in my positive reviews, and I’ve never violated any Fiverr terms or rules. It’s disheartening to be in this situation, especially since I have no reason to send spam messages to random people.

Could you please review my case again? If you need any more proof or information from me, I’m happy to provide it. If there’s someone more senior I should contact, please let me know.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Best regards,
Usman

• Like 3

On 8/30/2024 at 7:25 PM, usmantariq301 said:

Hi @ana_tomy,

I hope you're doing well. It's been 8 days since my account was restricted, and unfortunately, I haven't received any response from the Fiverr Help Center. I’ve followed up with additional proofs but still haven’t heard back.

I’ve always provided the best service to my clients, as reflected in my positive reviews, and I’ve never violated any Fiverr terms or rules. It’s disheartening to be in this situation, especially since I have no reason to send spam messages to random people.

Could you please review my case again? If you need any more proof or information from me, I’m happy to provide it. If there’s someone more senior I should contact, please let me know.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Best regards,
Usman

HI again, I see that Chad is waiting to hear back from you through #12063145. Please provide necessary information so that the team can secure and restore your account. Good luck 🍀

• Like 3

14 hours ago, usmantariq301 said:

Hi @ana_tomy,

I’ve just responded to Chad with all the requested information. I truly appreciate the help and patience from both you and the Fiverr team. I’m hopeful that my account can be restored soon.

Thanks again, and best regards,
Usman

That's great to read, the account is now under review by the relevant team, and as soon as it's all done the team will let you know 😊

• Like 3

Hi @ana_tomy,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your support and guidance throughout this situation. I’m happy to inform you that my account has been restored, and I’m able to log in and resume my work as usual. The Fiverr support team has been really helpful, and I appreciate your role in helping me navigate through this process.

Thanks again for your assistance—it really made a difference!

Best regards,
Usman

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 1