No Activity in New Profession Category

33 minutes ago, hmuneebarshad said:

Any tips or strategies you've tried

No, I don't have strategies and I don't need them.
I have 29 active gigs and they are all on the first page of the search results.

- I don't use promoted gigs
- I don't use videos (yet)
- I don't use social media
- I don't stay online all the time
- I don't give discounts
- My gig images are not perfect and don't even have the ideal dimensions that Fiverr specifies.
- My gig texts are not perfect.
- I don't use SEO. I just make sure that the gig title and the "related tags" are appropriate to attract buyers

This proves again that your success largely depends on how much you sell combined with the quality you deliver.

I don't think the "professions" will benefit me.

Screenshot_3-8-2024_115655_www.fiverr.com.jpeg

• Congrats! 1

1 hour ago, hmuneebarshad said:

That's great
the keyword is working for you with low competetion 

38 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

Low competition - high demand. The perfect combination. 

I created my account and then spent a few months studying how freelancing works on Fiverr. I was fully prepared and chose a niche that perfectly matched my skills. My few competitors disappeared very quickly because I was directing buyers (and orders) to my account.

Today, sellers just open an account and think they are going to get filthy rich and get orders immediately. Many categories are oversaturated with thousands of gigs all offering the same thing. How on earth can you be successful as a new seller with "logo design" gigs? There are 120K+ "logo design" services available.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I also don't notice any activity. You are not alone.

Looks like it just hasn't been launched properly yet I guess? 

I've actually sent out two offers from my professions out of curiosity and though the buyers ordered, nothing showed up so I'm also wondering if stats (even if they already exist) just aren't quite public yet.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 8/3/2024 at 9:45 AM, filipdevaere said:

I created my account and then spent a few months studying how freelancing works on Fiverr. I was fully prepared and chose a niche that perfectly matched my skills. My few competitors disappeared very quickly because I was directing buyers (and orders) to my account.

Today, sellers just open an account and think they are going to get filthy rich and get orders immediately. Many categories are oversaturated with thousands of gigs all offering the same thing. How on earth can you be successful as a new seller with "logo design" gigs? There are 120K+ "logo design" services available.

So, according to what you wrote, I understand that:
> You first create an account on a freelance website like Fiverr, and then choose a niche. This is the opposite approach to what most people do: they gain a skill, possibly even attend university for it, and then try to find a market for it. I guess you mean that these platforms only work this way—you should come to Fiverr and then decide what your job will be.

I think you are somewhat right. Over 6 years ago, I spent one year learning motion graphics and animation, and then started on Fiverr, selling my services. During the last 6 years, I continued learning new skills and software, and by gaining experience and creating more than 400 videos, I got better and better. But I have no market on Fiverr! Even with all 5 stars pure!  I don't sell at all, probably because this field is TOO MUCH SATURATED !

• Up 1

20 minutes ago, majidshowghi said:

I don't sell at all, probably because this field is TOO MUCH SATURATED !

This is a very big problem on Fiverr. There are too many sellers. And now we are facing less buyers than in the past.

I had certain skills. I worked for the same company for 33 years and for the last 15 years, but especially the last 10 years when I worked in China, I translated a lot of technical documents from Dutch to English. I also created a lot of user manuals that were used in all technical departments of the company worldwide.

I researched Fiverr to find out what skill I would use. My first idea was to do translation work, but eventually I found a niche where I could offer designing/writing user manuals in Dutch. Only a few sellers offered this service and when I started, they lost all their customers. The user manuals are my main business. I am also offering translation work. 

You need to have skills to be successful on Fiverr and you need to choose something with little competition because as a new seller it is too difficult to compete with tens of thousands of competitors.

• Up 2
  • Thanks 1