Career in fiverr? Not start from fiverr for book & ebook writing

garrett2010

Question

As I imagined, fiverr hasn't approved my application for book & ebook writing, even if I'm a proven creator with books published or ghostwritten. It seems fiverr checkers search more a precise presentation style of your professional status, than the facts, since I presented myself with 5 nude and crude examples of works done,  and since it was ghostwriting stuff I of course couldn't show the people I worked for (but I uploaded pratical excerpts of my works). 

The final result of this fiverr severity is that it leads to very few vendors in this profilic subject having as many as 20 jobs in the queue, and the rest with no chance at all of seeing the light. Here is fiverr's cold response, seems they search professional links (that I provided, but not sufficient for fiverr), BEFORE professional WORKS.

Pratically, you have to make a career elsewhere in order to work in this lucrative category for fiverr.

Ok I'm angry today, but I believed in fiverr, but closing the doors this way is etc. etc. etc...

image.png.ef295faac7d536f0e8ccd971a9725484.png

Edited by garrett2010
  • Sad 3

7 answers to this question

You could continue publishing your books and getting passive income that way, and if you want to reapply in the 6 months time you could. I agree the way Fiverr checks seems wrong, though maybe it could work out more profitable another way.

If there's other writing subcategories that are available (eg. article writing ones) you could create gigs in one of those if you haven't already.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1
  • Up 2

4 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

You could continue publishing your books and getting passive income that way, and if you want to reapply in the 6 months time you could. I agree the way Fiverr checks seems wrong, though maybe it could work out more profitable another way.

If there's other writing subcategories that are available (eg. article writing ones) you could create gigs in one of those if you haven't already.

Thank you for answer. fiverr knows books & ebook writing category is the more lucrative and is very bad seeing this category disabled for (I avoid being modest for once) a professional like me. Fortune fiverr hasn't damaged my self-confidence, I would certainly continue write quality books fiverr or not fiverr.

• Up 1

Just now, garrett2010 said:

Thank you for answer. fiverr knows books & ebook writing category is the more lucrative and is very bad seeing this category disabled for (I avoid being modest for once) a professional like me. Fortune fiverr hasn't damaged my self-confidence, I would certainly continue write quality books fiverr or not fiverr.

It's not available for anyone, only older gigs that were already there before this approval system went in place can be seen in that category. Along with gigs that were accepted, of course. 

• Up 1

19 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It's not available for anyone, only older gigs that were already there before this approval system went in place can be seen in that category. Along with gigs that were accepted, of course. 

yes, I'm talking about my cold experience with the approval system.

1 hour ago, garrett2010 said:

yes, I'm talking about my cold experience with the approval system.

They aren't accepting a lot of people, if any. There are already lots of writers and who knows what they see as a good track record. Anyway, as it was already said, you should try out the other niches.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

They aren't accepting a lot of people, if any. There are already lots of writers and who knows what they see as a good track record. Anyway, as it was already said, you should try out the other niches.

I have gigs on other niches. The point today for me is: "They get the meat, we get the bones.". The best categories for money seems "protected" by fiverr. Today, at least, this climbs down my freelancer hopings with fiverr.

The tricky thing is, a lot of incompetent people have flooded the writing section on Fiverr, I'd wager from day one. I wouldn't be surprised if they really only accepted (what they deem) the best of the best at the moment. It's tough, but when the site has so many bad apples, they need to do something. Hopefully though you'll get accepted soon, with your record you should be fine at some point I'm sure!

I started our as a ghostwriter but now barely get much work on the gigs that are in that category. There's many other things that (for me) have worked a lot better. I know it does hurt to be rejected though (I've been rejected from being a pro several times and it still hurts) but there's always other things to try!

• Like 1
  • Up 1