How do you avoid or handle conflicts?

No matter how hard you try to ensure your orders go smoothly, issues out of your control can still arise despite your best efforts. Some of the more frequent challenges include when a buyer becoming unresponsive, is unhappy with the final product, or requests too many revisions.

While some situations are unavoidable, there are certainly steps you can take to reduce conflicts with buyers. For example, ensuring your customer is well-briefed on what to expect when working with you can be particularly helpful.

Do you have any best practices for proactive actions to keep your orders conflict-free? If and when issues do arise, what are your tips for de-escalating the situation and finding a resolution rather than having to resort to canceling the order?

Share your tips below. 👇

• Like 19
  • Up 6

The only advice I can give is analyse the projects before send an offer, make sure the delivery will reach the buyer goals. Never cancel the order if you delivered as per buyer requirements.

This is also vague, a buyer can say he is unhappy, while in somecases the true is: the buyer refuse to pay for the additional work. Some buyers will be there requesting many revisions instead of come to a deal and pay for the additional work.

This isn't about just one side, but a mutual collaboration between Sellers and Buyers. This will works only if the buyers are open mind to listen and cooperate.

• Like 15
  • Up 5

3 hours ago, mateusbl said:

The only advice I can give is analyse the projects before send an offer, make sure the delivery will reach the buyer goals. Never cancel the order if you delivered as per buyer requirements.

This is also vague, a buyer can say he is unhappy, while in somecases the true is: the buyer refuse to pay for the additional work. Some buyers will be there requesting many revisions instead of come to a deal and pay for the additional work.

This isn't about just one side, but a mutual collaboration between Sellers and Buyers. This will works only if the buyers are open mind to listen and cooperate.

Great points you make! 

For those with access to the Request to Order feature, deciding if the project is a good fit is beneficial before agreeing to work on the order is beneficial and highly recommended.  

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

What best in my mind is that you should ask the requirements of buyer before he places the order, the practice which i do mostly. You should be clear about Order requirements of buyer before even order is placed. Only in this way no problem will arise.

However, the Order extras and number of revision are already described in the gig packages so there is nothing to worry.

You just have to be limited to your order's extras and no need to do more even if demanded.

Edited by zaheer_abbas37
  • Like 11

15 hours ago, Kesha said:

Do you have any best practices for proactive actions to keep your orders conflict-free?

I guess we should take an example from Fiverr, an international company with best practices. 
so here is the guide:

1. Take 5 days to reply on any messages (tickets) when conflict arises. 
2. send a copy pasted message that have nothing to do with real problem that client had.

3. Now that the client is even more upset take another 3 days to reply on his message dismissing his problem saying that that’s how things work. 
4. next message you’ll receive from client just close their “ticket” and ignore any firther communication that client tries to make with you saying you already investigated on your side and you already made your final decision 

• Like 12
  • Up 8

On 6/20/2024 at 11:04 AM, Kesha said:

No matter how hard you try to ensure your orders go smoothly, issues out of your control can still arise despite your best efforts. Some of the more frequent challenges include when a buyer becoming unresponsive, is unhappy with the final product, or requests too many revisions.

While some situations are unavoidable, there are certainly steps you can take to reduce conflicts with buyers. For example, ensuring your customer is well-briefed on what to expect when working with you can be particularly helpful.

Do you have any best practices for proactive actions to keep your orders conflict-free? If and when issues do arise, what are your tips for de-escalating the situation and finding a resolution rather than having to resort to canceling the order?

Share your tips below. 👇

Hi @Kesha

What does Fiverr consider conflict?
I have 100% order completion rate but in my level overview it says room for conflict-free orders.
Are delivery date extensions considered conflicts?
Are revisions considered conflicts?
I already tried to ask support about this but they responded with a pasted message that had no answer.
Could you please clear this doubt.
Thank you in advance

• Like 7
  • Up 1

On 6/22/2024 at 11:00 PM, maia_videos said:

Hi @Kesha

What does Fiverr consider conflict?
I have 100% order completion rate but in my level overview it says room for conflict-free orders.
Are delivery date extensions considered conflicts?
Are revisions considered conflicts?
I already tried to ask support about this but they responded with a pasted message that had no answer.
Could you please clear this doubt.
Thank you in advance

Good question!

Essentially the conflict-free score assesses how smooth the buying experience was for the customer. It considers things like: 

• any disputes between you and the clients
  • escalation to the CS team
  • unresolved matters regarding delivery times and cancellations.

Hope this helps!

• Like 7
  • Up 1

34 minutes ago, Yoav.M said:

Great post @Kesha🙂 

This is such an important knowledge for all users!

I believe that this HUB can help a lot with handling this topic.

Thanks for sharing this great resource, Yoav!

• Like 5
  • Up 1

I'm very aware that, after the seller accepts an order, that the project count-down clock begins. Failure to meet delivery, or a request to extend the delivery, can/will penalize the seller. (The seller's Damocles Sword)

So, in order to not fall foul of the platform rules, I assess a potential client as follows:

• Do they provide all the information requested by the seller?
  • Do they do this in a timely manner?
  • Are they fishing for free information?

Based on this information I respectfully inform the client/buyer that the project is unlikely to be successful, and, with great sadness, withdraw my support. 

• Like 6
  • Up 2