acoount flagged

ade_bare

Question

Hello everyone, I'm a new seller who just created my account three days ago. Surprisingly, I've been flagged for checking in from multiple locations, even though I only use my phone and laptop to log in. I haven't even made my first sale yet, so I'm wondering what wrong

Screenshot 2024-06-25 203252.png

Edited by ade_bare
  • Like 1

13 answers to this question

Hey there @ade_bare 

13 hours ago, ade_bare said:

I haven't even made my first sale yet, so I'm wondering what wrong

On the Forum, we are not able to provide answers to all Fiverr account-specific questions, but I can tell that your ticket #11771742 is open and someone from Customer Support will soon reach out to you. Our Customer Support will be more than happy to help you and answer all your questions. We are just asking you to please be patient as we are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries.

We appreciate your understanding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone, I'm a new seller who just created my account three days ago. Surprisingly, I've been flagged , even though I only use my phone and laptop to log in. I haven't even made my first sale yet, so I'm wondering what wrong

Just now, ade_bare said:

Screenshot 2024-06-25 203252.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wordpresssp said:

This is a system-generated response. @Lena can help you to get your case to the relevant team.

It's not automated. It is a template, but it shows that the decision is final. So most likely something did happen. Fiverr takes the seller location very seriously. I can only assume that people who have this issue had their account accessed in one country now and then in another country the next minute/second. That's not possible, physically. I enter Fiverr when I travel as well, and I never had any problems. However, if you're in one country now and in another one right after, clearly either the account is hacked, you are using a VPN or other tools like that. I can only assume that's the case. 

Lena is just here on the forum to assist with general info, if you want specific account info or help you go to customer support. And if customer support already said the decision is final...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I can only assume that people who have this issue had their account accessed in one country now and then in another country the next minute/second. That's not possible, physically.

But an IP address given out by an ISP (not using fixed IP addresses) can make it seem like that just by resetting a router (eg. if there was a connection problem). It could make it seem like you're in eg. England one minute then (after resetting the router), Wales the next minute, miles away (which could be 50 or more miles away). According to Fiverr's settings->security (which will be based on IP address in this case) it currently says I'm in a place that's actually 52 miles from my actual location. Though I don't know if it's affected by how often you log in. eg. if you don't log in that much then maybe it only takes into account the location when you logged in so might be less likely to give "location inconsistencies" if the IP address varies in location sometimes quite a lot.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

England one minute then (after resetting the router), Wales the next minute, miles away (which could be 50 or more miles away). According to Fiverr's settings->security (which will be based on IP address in this case) it currently says I'm in a place that's actually 52 miles from my actual location.

I know that, I have a dynamic IP too. That being said, once you are assigned the IP, it remains the same until you finish your session. So unless you restart the computer like crazy, you should have the same IP and it's from the same country anyway even if you restart and change it. But I can only assume that VPNs were involved when people have location inconsistencies, unless of course it was an error. But if the CS reply is that they checked it themselves and the decision is final... clearly they have more data than we do. And that points to location changing software.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

That being said, once you are assigned the IP, it remains the same until you finish your session. So unless you restart the computer like crazy, you should have the same IP and it's from the same country anyway

For me, it's not about restarting the computer (though it could do that too), it's restarting the router (eg. if it says "no connection" or similar), then just resetting router for a few seconds will likely give it a new dynamic IP address, miles away.

Well perplexity.ai says "England and Wales are distinct countries within the United Kingdom, but they are not sovereign states.". So if it says England one minute and you reset your router and 10 seconds later your IP address seems to be from Wales then it's switched countries based on the IP address (to someone checking based on that). Though like I said, maybe Fiverr only checks the IP address when you log in to Fiverr. eg. if I search "what is my IP address" the first result says somewhere many miles from where Fiverr's accounts->settings->security says my location is, so maybe theirs was from the last time I logged into Fiverr. One is showing around the middle of England and one is showing the North West of Wales.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

For me, it's not about restarting the computer (though it could do that too), it's restarting the router (eg. if it says "no connection" or similar), then just resetting router for a few seconds will likely give it a new dynamic IP address, miles away.

I get it. Resetting/restarting, but it's still in the UK. And you have to reset the router, which you won't be doing often anyway. I am sure they have ways to figure out what's a violation and what's just a router change. Plus, I do think they compare your location based on the browser info with the IP, that might also be a reason. Who knows really.

Only Fiverr can figure out the reason here and they are the ones with all the data. We can only speculate. I will say that I went to other countries over the years and never had any issues. Something triggered the system... It's not like it automatically targets accounts.

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

It's not automated. It is a template, but it shows that the decision is final. So most likely something did happen. Fiverr takes the seller location very seriously. I can only assume that people who have this issue had their account accessed in one country now and then in another country the next minute/second. That's not possible, physically. I enter Fiverr when I travel as well, and I never had any problems. However, if you're in one country now and in another one right after, clearly either the account is hacked, you are using a VPN or other tools like that. I can only assume that's the case. 

Lena is just here on the forum to assist with general info, if you want specific account info or help you go to customer support. And if customer support already said the decision is final...

Since this seller was getting the same template if you believe its a template, I mentioned Lena to guide or help so this seller can reach out relevant CS team to not get same response again and again. If he did nothing wrong then can explain to CS regarding his account. That was my point! 

Edited by wordpresssp
  • Like 1