Unauthorised access (hacked) to my account and account disabled

Hi, Fiverr community!

Today my account got hacked and spam messages was sent to many sellers from my account. Message was something like "Receive a payment for your services". With a QR code and username of sellers. This message was sent to many sellers. Eventually in 5 minutes my account was disabled by Fiverr. My gigs are restricted. I'm so confused. I'm Level 1 seller delivering my services since 1 year. I have been fair and always following Fiverr terms and services. What should I do now. I contacted customer support they said my account will be permanently suspended in 60 days. This is not I was expecting. Fiverr should investigate this matter.  Please help me to recover my account. I know Fiverr rules and policies and never violated any of Community standards. 

Regards,

Mohammad Akif.

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

What is happening mate on Fiverr? Our security is at risk. Our level work orders everything is under risk. We expect at least this from Fiverr to recover our account and also our gig ranking. I even lost my level due to order cancel. Unable to communicate with those seller who received message from my account by unathourised access to my account. They are cursing me. What should we do. Fiverr customer support should take immediate action. In this regard Fiverr as platform reputation is at risk.

• Like 7

My account got hacked and Unusual activity occurred by using my account

Today in midnight, someone logged into my account and sent spam links to others. For this, my fiverr account got temporary disabled.
In today morning, I can identify unusual activity through my fiverr account and this hacker has also changed my fiverr password. However now I changed my password and successfully taken control of my account.
I am aware of all types of fiverr terms and condition. I want help to restore my fiverr account which is under restriction. I am trying to reach support team but the matter of sorrow is they are not responding.  Is there any way to get back my account? 

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

Hey Buddy!! I got the same problem few days earlier but I request to Fiverr support they take time but responded me and recover my account successfully.. You have to wait for 4-5 days they will response soon...

• Like 13

Just now, saleh_shazli said:

Hey Buddy!! I got the same problem few days earlier but I request to Fiverr support they take time but responded me and recover my account successfully.. You have to wait for 4-5 days they will response soon...

Though I received a mail about "Please be aware that after the 60-day period, your account will be permanently suspended." Is there any chance to get back my account? And can you please tell me what you said to fiverr customer care? 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, milos_siena said:

I will forward this to the relevant team.

Please, there is no need to send multiple tickets about the same problem.

Thank you so much!! I am frustrated about the issue. Hope I'll get back my account. 

• Like 8

@saadzidan same happened with me still got no response from customer support except a mail that my account will be suspended in 60 days. They will help us to recover or not. I'm frustrated due to this hacking and breach into my account same spam messages sent to many sellers.

• Like 7

The exact same thing happened to me too, and support does not answer me, they have been waiting for a solution for 3 days and I have not received any message. Please help fiverr users, we are the ones who give life to the platform. I was Level 2 and a member since 2014, what an injustice.

Edited by miguelblanco
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

@milos_siena 

Yesterday, I faced the same issue with my account being compromised. A hacker sent spam messages to random sellers from my account. An hour later, when I accessed my account, I saw what had happened and immediately contacted support for assistance. I quickly changed my account password and signed out from all devices.

I have a question regarding how my account got compromised despite not clicking on any links in the past week. Perhaps Fiverr needs to focus more on security measures. Additionally, I received a warning from Fiverr stating, "Your account is temporarily disabled. Please check the email we sent you explaining what happened."

I would like to restore my account. I have also sent all the necessary proofs to the Fiverr team. It seems that Fiverr is cooperating with me, but at times, I receive messages from the Fiverr bot stating that my account will be suspended in 60 days.

Thank you for your assistance and understanding. I am eager to resolve this issue and resume my activities on the platform.

Best regards,
Abdul Muizz Rajput
abdulmuizz667

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

On 6/26/2024 at 12:55 PM, saadzidan said:

Today in midnight, someone logged into my account and sent spam links to others. For this, my fiverr account got temporary disabled.
In today morning, I can identify unusual activity through my fiverr account and this hacker has also changed my fiverr password. However now I changed my password and successfully taken control of my account.
I am aware of all types of fiverr terms and condition. I want help to restore my fiverr account which is under restriction. I am trying to reach support team but the matter of sorrow is they are not responding.  Is there any way to get back my account? 

@saadzidan I have contacted Fiverr support but it's been a week still no response from @fiverrsuppport. I'm also confused and still not be able to recover my account. Still in hope they will respond and resolve the issue.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, abdulmuizz667 said:

Additionally, I received a warning from Fiverr stating, "Your account is temporarily disabled. Please check the email we sent you explaining what happened."

I would like to restore my account. I have also sent all the necessary proofs to the Fiverr team. It seems that Fiverr is cooperating with me, but at times, I receive messages from the Fiverr bot stating that my account will be suspended in 60 days.

They probably disabled your account for protection until it's definitely secure. Did you run a virus scan/malware scan on your device(s) to make sure a hacker hasn't run and installed something on it? Is that one of the things CS asked you to do/send proof that it's been done?

• Like 8
  • Up 1

On 6/26/2024 at 1:47 PM, milos_siena said:

I will forward this to the relevant team.

Please, there is no need to send multiple tickets about the same problem.

This seems to be happening a lot as of late. Have you guys noticed any patterns with these accounts getting "hacked"? Like, are they not using 2FA or something?? It's been a bit concerning, and figuring out any common factors could really help.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

On 6/28/2024 at 11:57 PM, miguelblanco said:

4 hours ago, creative_howl said:

This seems to be happening a lot as of late. Have you guys noticed any patterns with these accounts getting "hacked"? Like, are they not using 2FA or something?? It's been a bit concerning, and figuring out any common factors could really help.

@creative_howl I have not seen anything before this someone is attempting to log in or any 2FA message. But when I changed my password and secured my account, I received an email after the incident that someone trying to forget the password.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, akif_nawaz said:

@creative_howl I have not seen anything before this someone is attempting to log in or any 2FA message. But when I changed my password and secured my account, I received an email after the incident that someone trying to forget the password.

They will reply to you soon, I have forwarded your problem to the relevant team. I don't have any info about why this is so frequent these days.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

17 hours ago, akif_nawaz said:

So you're saying that you had 2fa enabled prior to getting hacked?

• Like 7

Dear Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my concern regarding the lack of response from support.

I submitted all the required information to support four days ago. The last response I received from support was four days ago, when they requested these requirements. I have since submitted all the necessary documents and verified my identity, but I have not received any further communication.

I understand that the standard response time is within 12 hours, but it has been four days without any update. I am eager to resolve this issue and resume my activities on the platform.

Please provide an update on the status of my account restoration at your earliest convenience. I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you for your assistance and understanding.

Best regards,
Abdul Muizz Rajput

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Just few hours ago i was offline and somehow a scam message was sent from my own account to 30 to 40 freelancers. How is that possible? What should i do know? Will it affect my account now? Has my account hacked?

Edited by mh_designart
Some words missing
  • Like 5

Your account will probably be restricted while Fiverr tries to sort this out. You should immediately contact support and self-report that you've been hacked.

Here are some recent threads on the topic for you to read through:

NOTE: These are just the top results when I put 'hacked' in the forum search bar, and filtered for the word being in the topic title. I HAVE NOT necessarily read them myself, so I cannot vouch that they are 100% relevant to your problem. (It's late and I was suppose to log off an hour ago.)  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...