Why is it that sellers always seem to face unfairness?

Hello Fiverr team,

Yesterday, I received a message from a client who wanted a banner and provided his requirements. I informed him that it would be a complex banner, for which I would charge $20 and need two days to complete. However, the client placed a $10 order with a one-day delivery time. To maintain my good rating, I started working on the banner.

I designed a custom banner that took significant effort, but the client did not approve it and requested a refund. I tried to resolve the issue by designing a second banner according to all the client's requirements. Despite this, the client was still unhappy and insisted on canceling the order. 

Cancellations negatively impact my account, and if I do not cancel the order, the client will leave a negative review. Why does this keep happening? As sellers on Fiverr, we often face unfair decisions from clients. What should I do in this situation?

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

1) If you offer gigs at very low prices, this is a magnet for scammers.
2) If you start working on an order and you know that the buyer has deliberately chosen the cheapest gig with the shortest delivery time, then you already know there is a good chance that this will end badly.
3) By designing a second banner you have now provided the scammer with 2 free banners.

• Like 4
  • Up 4

I agree with @filipdevaere Your prices are too low, and by starting the order you are committed to the gig.  But I have just a few more observations

1) You're offering 'unique graphics', but use stock images in your gig images.  Even your negative reviews state this. This is NOT unique! 

2) You're offering unlimited revisions on low value gigs.  This will always lead to trouble as you will essentially be working for free on a lot of gigs. 

Because your gig value is so low, the client has obviously taken a gamble for $10 and clearly wasn't impressed.  You need to move on and INCREASE your prices. Otherwise this scenario will play out multiple times in the future. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1