How well does Fiverr market a New Seller's Gigs?

desmond_aubery

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, desmond_aubery said:

How well does Fiverr market a New Seller's Gigs?

Let me repeat the question - How well does Fiverr market a New Seller's Gigs?

Edited by desmond_aubery
Add in underline
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, desmond_aubery said:

Let me repeat the question - How well does Fiverr market a New Seller's Gigs?

It only provides them initial exposure/impetus for a short duration and sees if buyers are interested in those gigs. Click rate and conversions in this phase also provide a decent indication about quality of the gig

Post this phase, it is more of a function of seller's communication skills and quality of gig which determines their fate!!

In short, they throw you into the water and see if you can swim. Majority of new sellers drown because they lack professionalism, long term vision, ability to communicate & intent to provide solutions which can help someone's business in real world. 

• Like 3
  • Up 3

8 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

It only provides them initial exposure/impetus for a short duration and sees if buyers are interested in those gigs. Click rate and conversions in this phase also provide a decent indication about quality of the gig

Post this phase, it is more of a function of seller's communication skills and quality of gig which determines their fate!!

In short, they throw you into the water and see if you can swim. Majority of new sellers drown because they lack professionalism, long term vision, ability to communicate & intent to provide solutions which can help someone's business in real world. 

How long does this honeymoon (short duration exposure/impetus) period last?

What happens after this initial honeymoon period ends?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I think it was a few weeks. Your account is 3 months old, so the honeymoon is over.

Actually, most of my decent projects have been ones I brought over from my own customer base - via mailshot, or direct contact.

The reason I asked the question was partly because I wondered if the platform 'needed' to see in platform purchases, or a purchase of Plus. If not, they go off the boil. 

My technology sector is not in the standard run-of-the-mill digital tech sector.

From observation of my Gig 'impressions', I have never seen stellar marketing efforts by the platform, to be candid.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

The services you offer on Fiverr will only attract a very small audience.

Agreed. Nevertheless, Fiverr have made healthy returns thus far.

Operating in a minority space can have its advantages, if the platform takes its marketing efforts seriously.

There is a desperate need for alternative freelance platforms which cater to Engineers. A few alternative platforms exist that better serve this market.

Edited by desmond_aubery
Added in text...
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, desmond_aubery said:

There is a desperate need for alternative freelance platforms which cater to Engineers. A few alternative platforms exist that better serve this market.

Hi @desmond_aubery! You might have to utilize transferable skills to gain traction and a reputation here on Fiverr first. Before I started selling on Fiverr, I wanted to leverage my 17 years of experience as a food scientist, but there were only 20 related gigs at the time (and at incredibly low prices that were a fraction of what I was willing to do as a food scientist). So I offered services that were more in demand (e.g., data entry, virtual assisting, and resume writing) and was able to freelance full-time for a year and a half before I became TRS and started to get more orders that were more in line with my technical writing and documentation background.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @desmond_aubery! You might have to utilize transferable skills to gain traction and a reputation here on Fiverr first. Before I started selling on Fiverr, I wanted to leverage my 17 years of experience as a food scientist, but there were only 20 related gigs at the time (and at incredibly low prices that were a fraction of what I was willing to do as a food scientist). So I offered services that were more in demand (e.g., data entry, virtual assisting, and resume writing) and was able to freelance full-time for a year and a half before I became TRS and started to get more orders that were more in line with my technical writing and documentation background.

Thank you. 🙏😊

• Like 3