If you were to write a book…

Kesha

If you were to pen a book inspired by your life experiences or expertise, what would be the title and storyline? Whether it’s an inspirational tale of triumphs from trials or an industry how-to guide, I know this community has some amazing stories to tell. Comment your book concept below!

Plus, want to take your idea from idea to reality? Check out my recent post here to discover how Fiverr services can help you publish your book effortlessly.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Title: The Participation Trophy Generation: A Guide to the Modern Art of Achieving Nothing

Learn how to live like today's youth in this masterfully painted guide about the champions of underachievement. "The Participation Trophy Generation: A Guide to the Modern Art of Achieving Nothing" is dripping with bad advice so snarky it would make George Carlin look like a gentle parent. Delve into the myths of hard work and the mysterious disappearance of true grit, as it becomes replaced with chapters like "Why getting out of bed should be considered an Olympic sport". Join the not-so-famous author Leo, as he awards mock trophies for minimal effort and celebrates the art of achieving absolutely nothing with maximum flair. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Title: The Participation Trophy Generation: A Guide to the Modern Art of Achieving Nothing

Learn how to live like today's youth in this masterfully painted guide about the champions of underachievement. "The Participation Trophy Generation: A Guide to the Modern Art of Achieving Nothing" is dripping with bad advice so snarky it would make George Carlin look like a gentle parent. Delve into the myths of hard work and the mysterious disappearance of true grit, as it becomes replaced with chapters like "Why getting out of bed should be considered an Olympic sport". Join the not-so-famous author Leo, as he awards mock trophies for minimal effort and celebrates the art of achieving absolutely nothing with maximum flair. 

Come to think of it, I might write that book. Or open a new "I will write your snarky book synopsis" gig. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Up 1

Title: Huma! A wonder woman who's changed her world 

I have been in the clutches of poverty and hopelessness till I started freelancing. I remember that harder days when I did not only find it hard to pay my university fee but even ample resources for commute, books, notebooks etc. 

After starting my freelance saga, though, I have seen ups and downs, I earn a good amount of money plus own a small yet beautiful house, a car, and reward myself with regular parties and travelling. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Come to think of it, I might write that book. Or open a new "I will write your snarky book synopsis" gig. 

Idk man, I know this started as a hypothetical, but that sounds like a book I would want to have on my Kindle!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rabihumakhan said:

Title: Huma! A wonder woman who's changed her world 

I have been in the clutches of poverty and hopelessness till I started freelancing. I remember that harder days when I did not only find it hard to pay my university fee but even ample resources for commute, books, notebooks etc. 

After starting my freelance saga, though, I have seen ups and downs, I earn a good amount of money plus own a small yet beautiful house, a car, and reward myself with regular parties and travelling. 

You have an amazing story! 😍

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Idk man, I know this started as a hypothetical, but that sounds like a book I would want to have on my Kindle!

I know, right?! I'm already working on it. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

"The Creative Entrepreneur's Handbook: Turning Passion into Profit" - a book offering practical advice and insights on how to turn creative passions into successful businesses to cover a wide range of topics, including:

1. Identifying and developing your creative passion into a business idea
2. Defining your target audience and creating a marketing strategy
3. Building a strong brand and online presence
4. Pricing and monetizing your creative work
5. Managing finances and taxes as a freelancer or small business owner
6. Productivity and time management techniques for creatives
7. Overcoming self-doubt and imposter syndrome
8. Building a support network and community as a solo entrepreneur
9. Staying inspired and motivated through continuous learning and growth
10. Scaling and expanding your business as it grows
11. Legal and contractual considerations for creatives
12. Adapting to changes in the market and industry trends
13. Balancing creativity with business acumen
14. Building a team and outsourcing tasks as needed
15. Exiting or transitioning your business when the time comes

Some potential chapters or sections could include:

- "From Passion to Profit: Turning Your Creative Idea into a Business"
- "Building Your Brand: Identity, Marketing, and Online Presence"
- "Money Matters: Pricing, Finances, and Taxes for Creatives"
- "Productivity and Time Management for Creatives"
- "Overcoming Obstacles: Self-Doubt, Fear, and Imposter Syndrome"
- "Growing and Scaling Your Business"
- "Legal and Contractual Considerations for Creatives"
- "Staying Inspired and Motivated"
- "Building a Support Network and Community"
- "Transitioning and Exiting Your Business"

This is just a rough outline to give idea of the types of topics and chapters that could be included in the book.

Edited by aimriser
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Title: Tomorrow Never Knows (inspired by the Beatles song of the same name)

An informative and somewhat humourous autobiographical sketch of my travels and explorations across the entire US (excluding Alaska), and 50+ other countries and territories across 6 continents, having worked and resided long term in 3 countries across 3 continents. (Of course, this list will keep growing). Lessons learned, a bit of philosophical musing, a bit of practical (and perhaps not-so-practical) advice about cultural and business interactions around the world - reality vs. expectation.  The plot loosely inspired by a book called "No Shitting In The Toilet", by Peter Moore (an Australian backpacker who wrote about his adventures - and misadventures - in a sometimes hysterically funny style), and the commentary of Anthony Bourdain's travel shows - without the culinary aspect. 

Edited by mark_sgp
  • Like 3