What if I delete my low performing gig?

I am wondering what if I risk it and delete my main gig which has around 120 reviews with an overall 5 star rating? Will this change the overall Success Score?

The current gig seems to be almost dead getting around 20-30 impressions per day and it has been like this since December. Maybe deleting it would get rid of the negative impact on my profile from this gig. Has someone tried anything similar?

Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.

Screenshot2024-04-21at00_58_41.png.47d9e6b3ee9f57bb34c2a6d254292770.png

• Like 9
  • Up 2

I don't think deleting it will help you; what you should focus on is optimizing it instead. Even if you feel it's not performing well, consider what you can do differently. What isn't working right now? Optimize what needs to be done. When a gig of mine doesn't deliver as expected, I always assess what I can do better, and so far, it's worked. When I improve them, I rank higher and attract more clients!

Your canceled orders and other metrics will still show on your order page even if you delete them, so your stats will remain. Focus on optimizing and not get cancell order rather than excessively pushing gigs. I believe optimization is always the solution and how you, as a freelancer, can improve! Do you have a lot of negatives? I noticed your success score is at 4!

If your cancellation rate is high, you should focus 100% on what you can do to avoid it. If you accumulate too many cancellations, it's practically impossible to recover, as I've heard from others! It's all tied to your account.

• Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, designwithcalm said:

I am wondering what if I risk it and delete my main gig which has around 120 reviews with an overall 5 star rating? Will this change the overall Success Score?

The current gig seems to be almost dead getting around 20-30 impressions per day and it has been like this since December. Maybe deleting it would get rid of the negative impact on my profile from this gig. Has someone tried anything similar?

Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.

Screenshot2024-04-21at00_58_41.png.47d9e6b3ee9f57bb34c2a6d254292770.png

Of-course you could delete but you can also edit to make it better too, the choice is yours 🙂 Good luck!

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, hannakarlstrom said:

I don't think deleting it will help you; what you should focus on is optimizing it instead. Even if you feel it's not performing well, consider what you can do differently. What isn't working right now? Optimize what needs to be done. When a gig of mine doesn't deliver as expected, I always assess what I can do better, and so far, it's worked. When I improve them, I rank higher and attract more clients!

I've tried to optimize it a few times during the period. It worked for me before but nothing happens now. Surprisingly whenever I change the gig thumbnails to better ones suddenly my promoted gig option gets disabled, and that's funny tbh. 

That's my main gig - https://www.fiverr.com/s/wvm0zA

37 minutes ago, hannakarlstrom said:

Do you have a lot of negatives? I noticed your success score is at 4!

If your cancellation rate is high, you should focus 100% on what you can do to avoid it. If you accumulate too many cancellations, it's practically impossible to recover, as I've heard from others! It's all tied to your account.

As you can see in the screenshot in the main post there are 5 cancellations out of 200 orders among which CS handled 4 and told me these won't affect my metrics. But what I have learned so far from the forum is that it is affecting now even if they were handled by CS in the past.

The 4 stars that I'm usually getting now are because of the new rating system. Buyers are confused. Even if they are happy with the outcome they end up giving a lower rating and that's unfair, to be honest. Even if Fiverr wants us all to come out of the 5 star mindset on the platform it shouldn't be forcing buyers and confusing them in a way they end up giving such ratings. They could have taken ideas from their competitors and maybe should've added a few more options to rate stars and that would have been fine but I do not think this is the right way.

Screenshot2024-04-21at02_02_02.png.caeb839cd40e7e570f542ff998bfaf19.png

• Like 10

Absolutely agree with you, it's incredibly bizarre! It shouldn't work that way, and I concur that if they don't want us stuck in a 5-star universe, they shouldn't implement features that heavily impact us in that manner. Their new measurement system does seem inherently unfair, and it's frustrating how one negative incident can outweigh numerous positive ones. It should be more individualized, and they should also consider that some customers, even if satisfied, might not prioritize leaving reviews and may not fully grasp its significance for us.

I think the platform has grown so much that they unfortunately overlook many things they should be focusing on! I've also noticed some bugs in the system. Just the other day, my success score dropped from 8 to 7 for no apparent reason or occurrence.

Unfortunately, situations like these are all too common when there are too many people chasing the lowest price and expecting quality. It ends up affecting folks like us negatively.

Nevertheless, I hope things improve for you with your gig, and I hope you find a good solution!🙏

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, sabbirthedealer said:

Nothing will happen,  you can create a new one

But I will lose a gig with credible 100+ 5 star reviews and when it won't even affect my Success Score it will be foolish to delete it, instead, I would try to make tweaks to it and see how it goes.

• Like 5