Did I dodge a bullet?

cc_animation

I believe that you were too biased.

The client was clearly an admirer of birds, and he merely tried to inform you that a hawk flew off in his area. He just made a spelling error.

Now, not only did you miss out on making the big monies but also, the opportunity to watch a glorious hawk in flight.

• Like 7
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, sunboatrecords said:

I believe that you were too biased.

The client was clearly an admirer of birds, and he merely tried to inform you that a hawk flew off in his area. He just made a spelling error.

Now, not only did you miss out on making the big monies but also, the opportunity to watch a glorious hawk in flight.

I think you're right, in fact he was getting increasingly enthusiastic about it:

anotherdayonfiverr2.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

Like was said, you could have gone to unavailable mode or paused a gig if you weren't available.

Though if there was another reason that you didn't want to do his project (eg. if there might be a copyright/trademark reason or technical reason) you could have let him know that so might have reacted differently. eg. an Iron Man video that was not a parody might have been a copyright/trademark problem.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, cc_animation said:

I think you're right, in fact he was getting increasingly enthusiastic about it:

anotherdayonfiverr2.png

You should have replied "Okay you silver tongue devil, you talked me into it!" Then proceeded to waste his time for another 10 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

He probably looks frustrated while seeing their 10min being wasted. 😅

Shouldn't you supposed to set availability on profile ?
So new client's can't message.

29 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Like was said, you could have gone to unavailable mode or paused a gig if you weren't available.

Though if there was another reason that you didn't want to do his project (eg. if there might be a copyright/trademark reason or technical reason) you could have let him know that so might have reacted differently. eg. an Iron Man video that was not a parody might have been a copyright/trademark problem.

I like to decide on a per-project basis, sometimes I can squeeze in smaller projects that fit my schedule, this seemed like a project I didn't have time for.

• Like 10
  • Up 1