New leveling system and promoted gigs

Did you do a lot of editing to the gig(s) recently? Do you search using terms in your title or tags? 

I dropped off the face of Fiverr in ads and organic searches for a while but it was hard to tell if it was because our clients generally take time off for holidays, I overhauled some gigs in the downtime, they changed the way our gigs are indexed (or how we're profiled, because I was getting traffic [and orders !] for being a 'race' that I never mention anywhere), maybe I was being reprimanded by the algorithm, or all of the above. The most edited gig was reverted back a couple of months ago, but I'm still not getting the same traffic I was before.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 7

On 3/15/2024 at 7:38 PM, mandyzines said:

Did you do a lot of editing to the gig(s) recently? Do you search using terms in your title or tags? 

I dropped off the face of Fiverr in ads and organic searches for a while but it was hard to tell if it was because our clients generally take time off for holidays, I overhauled some gigs in the downtime, they changed the way our gigs are indexed (or how we're profiled, because I was getting traffic [and orders !] for being a 'race' that I never mention anywhere), maybe I was being reprimanded by the algorithm, or all of the above. The most edited gig was reverted back a couple of months ago, but I'm still not getting the same traffic I was before.

I haven't done any changes to my gigs, it's my main gig with over 3k reviews and its nowhere to be found. I do use search terms that are in my title and in my tags. My other 2 gigs are there which I also pay ads for, but this one is NOWHERE. In that category I'm the best and most reviewed gig, it's so demotivating working for 3 years to get to the top just to fall to the bottom even after PAYING for ads... @Kesha please address this problem. If i'm not even gonna show up on any searches, why am I even given the option to promote my gigs and waste money?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, kohinaichimatsu said:

I haven't done any changes to my gigs, it's my main gig with over 3k reviews and its nowhere to be found. I do use search terms that are in my title and in my tags. My other 2 gigs are there which I also pay ads for, but this one is NOWHERE. In that category I'm the best and most reviewed gig, it's so demotivating working for 3 years to get to the top just to fall to the bottom even after PAYING for ads... @Kesha please address this problem. If i'm not even gonna show up on any searches, why am I even given the option to promote my gigs and waste money?

Edit: today somehow I am on the search but somedays i do not even appear on it, i just think the system is too clunky.. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, kohinaichimatsu said:

Edit: today somehow I am on the search but somedays i do not even appear on it, i just think the system is too clunky.. 

Some people on another thread found that rankings massively differ from browser to browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) as well 

• Like 6

I'm not paying for ads but I've also noted a huge decline in impressions and clicks since the new level system went live. Which is crazy because I thought I'd be doing well, my 'success' score is a 9. Haven't changed anything about my gig, just generally getting less traffic.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kohinaichimatsu said:

Yes, cause i usually check how im doing on searches every 2-3 days to see my competition and if i should change something.

I noticed that you had a not-so-great (public) review in the past week. That can drag you down. Hopefully, if that's it, you rebound quickly. 

• Like 7