Is there a limit to how many times a buyer can extend the review period?

aubergine07

Question

Is there a limit to how many times a buyer can extend the review period?
I have a buyer who has been totally silent during our order, never responding to any message I sent. Now that their audiobook has been delivered, they just keep extending their review period. I was able to get a single response to make 1 correction, when I delivered the correction, they just extended the review period again. 
it’s just super frustrating that they’re basically holding the order hostage and not communicating with me, so I wanted to see if they can just keep doing this indefinitely.

• Like 8

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, aubergine07 said:

is there a limit to how many times a buyer can extend the review period?

Unfortunately, no. Buyers can extend it up to months. Fiverr should put some limits to that feature. I had a buyer who extended the review period for more than 45 days by using that feature time to time.

3 hours ago, tehreem_maqsood said:

if the seller gives the option of unlimited reviews the customer does reviews until they get your work

The question is not related to "revisions". This is about "review period extensions".

Edited by creativecolumn
typo
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, creativecolumn said:

Unfortunately, no. Buyers can extend it up to months.

Wow, that's awful. Do you think there is any appropriate way to say to them "Please communicate with me before continuing to extend the review period"? or do I just need to shut up and wait? lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, aubergine07 said:

Do you think there is any appropriate way to say to them "Please communicate with me before continuing to extend the review period"?

For your consideration:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282412-what-to-do-if-a-buyer-asks-for-endless-revisons/ 

(Not sure it fits your exact case, but it's a starting point.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, aubergine07 said:

Do you think there is any appropriate way to say to them "Please communicate with me before continuing to extend the review period"? or do I just need to shut up and wait? lol

"I've noticed that the review period has been extended a few times, and I wanted to reach out to see if there's anything specific you'd like me to address or if there are any additional details you need before finalizing the project. This is the first time I am getting this number of review period extensions, so I just reached out to check that. If there's anything you'd like to discuss or any adjustments you'd like to make, please don't hesitate to let me know."

• Like 6

8 hours ago, creativecolumn said:

"I've noticed that the review period has been extended a few times, and I wanted to reach out to see if there's anything specific you'd like me to address or if there are any additional details you need before finalizing the project. This is the first time I am getting this number of review period extensions, so I just reached out to check that. If there's anything you'd like to discuss or any adjustments you'd like to make, please don't hesitate to let me know."

I love it. Thank you for your advice!

• Like 4