New reviews are very confusing

kitsunekei1

Question

a huge amount of Buyers keep leaving very weird reviews, they say they are very satisfied with the workflow I have,  I keep contact, I follow the instructions exactly as listed, deliver before the delivery time, do revisions without a problem  but then on that "Value of the delivery"  area of the review they keep leaving a 4 stars review, when I ask they apologieze and say they are very satisfied so  how can I improve  something none of the customers have the courtesy to tell me they are not satisfied with ?
with the previous system it was easier to understand where I was failing but now, even with the prompts list is very vague, some customer mark "things that you need to improve" and when I ask about those detials they mention that they tougth they are things  they are satisfied with or just dont select none of them.
Im getting very anxious  with the way this new system works, the site keeps punishing me just for having 4.7 star reviews and Im getting less jobs when past month everything was flowing perfectly. 
So any advice cuz Im totally lost here, I dont understand what Im doing wrong if they say everything is perfect and customers are not very herlpful on this matter to explain me what they are feeling is off

Edited by kitsunekei1
  • Like 2
  • Up 2

2 answers to this question

It's a common experience; I just received a similar review. I'm aware that the client was extremely pleased with the delivery. The issue seems to stem from the new Fiverr interface on the buyer's end. Some of these new features might be confusing for buyers, leading to oversights. It's unfortunate, and truly concerning.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

I understand your frustration. The new Fiverr review system can be confusing, especially when satisfied buyers leave 4-star reviews on "Value for Delivery." Here are some strategies to improve your situation:

Understanding 4-Star Reviews:

• Unmet Expectations: Even if you follow instructions perfectly, the buyer's initial expectations might not have been fully met. This could be due to unclear communication on their end or limitations of the service itself.
  • General Tendency: Some buyers might simply default to 4 stars unless a service "wows" them.

Strategies to Address the Issue:

• Post-Delivery Communication: Once a project is complete, send a quick message thanking the buyer and politely inquire if there's anything you could have done differently to provide even more value. This might spark them to elaborate on their 4-star rating.
  • Exceed Expectations (Where Possible): While you can't control buyer expectations entirely, consider offering a small bonus (e.g., extra revisions, free consultation) to go the extra mile and potentially earn that 5-star rating.
  • Focus on Positive Reviews: Encourage happy clients to leave detailed reviews highlighting your strengths. Positive testimonials can outweigh the 4-star ratings.

Adapting to the New System:

• "Things to Improve" Section: If a buyer selects this section after leaving a 4-star rating, don't take it personally. Respond by thanking them for the feedback and politely asking for specifics. Even if they don't elaborate, it demonstrates a willingness to improve.
  • Manage Your Anxiety: Getting anxious about the new system is understandable, but focus on what you can control – excellent communication, quality work, and exceeding expectations when possible. Remember, a perfect 5-star rating isn't always achievable.
  • Like 2