New "Success" Metric

bethloveswords

Question

Does anybody fully understand the 'success metric' that now factors into your level? I am trying to understand, and there is a good chance I'm over-complicating it for myself, but I don't understand why a gig would have all 5 star reviews and then a success metric of 6.

• Like 5

3 answers to this question

Hi @bethloveswords, I don't think anyone (including Fiverr) fully understands what goes into the success metric score. However, it's much more than just your public ratings.

Fiverr's Help Center says that this score is based on six categories:

1) Client Satisfaction (public/private ratings, plus other metrics that reflect how happy buyers are with the overall order experience,

2) Effective Communication (looks at your response metrics and buyers' public/private ratings for communication),

3) Conflict-free Orders (the frequency/nature of any "dispute"),

4) Order Cancellations (the number of cancelations you have),

5) Delivery Time (factors in early, on-time, and late deliveries), and

6) Value for Money (determined by buyers)

Each gig will receive a score on a scale of 1-10 in each of these categories and the top reasons affecting your score will be shown (Strong Negative Impact, Negative Impact, Room for growth, Positive Impact, Strong Positive Impact).

Your success score is then calculated based on your gigs' success scores (with more weight going to the gigs with the most reviews). It looks like Fiverr also brought in historical data (from the past two years) that weren't currently being shown in our seller metrics/gig scores, but now are.

I currently have a success score of 10, average rating of 5, and 100% response rate. Most of my gigs (60%) have success scores of 9, but two of my highest-performing gigs have success scores of 10 (which is why I think my overall success score is a 10). I avoid consultation calls because I think they are too risky. I still offer Zoom calls, but only as part of a service that I already provide (but the gigs that do include consultation calls seem to have lower success scores):

image.png.8ad0697cc510e0e52802f21b188d97a0.png

There's still a lot of mystery that goes into the success score and if it even makes sense - I wonder if "extension requests" (which is a type of dispute) affects my "Conflict-free Orders" score. I also scored low on "Communication" for a gig where I audit websites and tell them what they are doing bad (and they usually ask me to rewrite their content). And it looks like "Cancellations" factors in some cancelations that CS mentions did not affect my seller metrics. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @bethloveswords, I don't think anyone (including Fiverr) fully understands what goes into the success metric score. However, it's much more than just your public ratings.

Fiverr's Help Center says that this score is based on six categories:

1) Client Satisfaction (public/private ratings, plus other metrics that reflect how happy buyers are with the overall order experience,

2) Effective Communication (looks at your response metrics and buyers' public/private ratings for communication),

3) Conflict-free Orders (the frequency/nature of any "dispute"),

4) Order Cancellations (the number of cancelations you have),

5) Delivery Time (factors in early, on-time, and late deliveries), and

6) Value for Money (determined by buyers)

Each gig will receive a score on a scale of 1-10 in each of these categories and the top reasons affecting your score will be shown (Strong Negative Impact, Negative Impact, Room for growth, Positive Impact, Strong Positive Impact).

Your success score is then calculated based on your gigs' success scores (with more weight going to the gigs with the most reviews). It looks like Fiverr also brought in historical data (from the past two years) that weren't currently being shown in our seller metrics/gig scores, but now are.

I currently have a success score of 10, average rating of 5, and 100% response rate. Most of my gigs (60%) have success scores of 9, but two of my highest-performing gigs have success scores of 10 (which is why I think my overall success score is a 10). I avoid consultation calls because I think they are too risky. I still offer Zoom calls, but only as part of a service that I already provide (but the gigs that do include consultation calls seem to have lower success scores):

There's still a lot of mystery that goes into the success score and if it even makes sense - I wonder if "extension requests" (which is a type of dispute) affects my "Conflict-free Orders" score. I also scored low on "Communication" for a gig where I audit websites and tell them what they are doing bad (and they usually ask me to rewrite their content). And it looks like "Cancellations" factors in some cancelations that CS mentions did not affect my seller metrics. 

• Like 2