New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

Watch out for this Fiverr scam, especially if you are new to Fiverr

Someone will message you in your inbox requesting your services and they'll say that they have already made the payment for the service and that they need your email. Once they have your email they will give you PHISH emails that they have placed an order and the links on the emails will lead you to a fake Fiverr website where they will ask for your card details to give you the payment, don't give them your details as once they have it they they will start requesting money and pretend that they need the money to verify your bank account, and they'll say that they'll refund you the money after it's been verified but they will NOT!  they will continue requesting money if you've already transferred them and pretend they need it to verify your card . Don't make the same mistake I made and continued on. watch out for this guys. stay safe.

• Like 3

I just created my gig on Fiverr and I have received multiple messages from clients that they need my email to place and order. I know it's a scam unless one of the clients proceeds with this snapshot. Can some tell me if that's the case or not. Like they need email? 

16-09-2024.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Support 1

Hello @logoblitz_std 

12 hours ago, logoblitz_std said:

Can some tell me if that's the case or not. Like they need email? 

It is a scam. Please do not share any personal information as it is considered a TOS violation and it may lead to your account restriction. We kindly ask you to report all the users who sent you messages asking you for personal information, such as email, to our Customer Support. Feel free to send an email to support@fiverr.com explaining to them what happened. 

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

Anyone that asks for your contact information, is trying to scam you. NEVER give out your email or contact information regardless of what they say.

The best way to check to see if someone is genuine is to check your stats, which are updated at least once a day. Also, check the person's profile. If they've just created the profile like that day, it's a scam account.

• Like 4

On 2/11/2024 at 12:14 AM, uk1000 said:

Surely Fiverr could add code to detect a URL being placed in a message or post that contains "fiverr." (or something similar) but that goes to a website that isn't Fiverr and automatically flag the message to help prevent future links of that type being sent to users.

My wife just got scamed upon sign of this way. Its pethetic thqt still theese push notifications are not red flaged

• Like 1

I linked my Fiverr account with Payonerr and Paypal, but when I get the email with an order number, so I can click and open the gig I made, it tells me to charge, when I click on charge it asks me to add a medium. When I want to charge my card it doesn't let me and the assistant on the Fiverr screen doesn't know how to solve my problem.I can't select other options. Someone know something about how i can fix this? If it help, im from Argentina, and living here, for the method pays. Have a Paypal, Payoneer, and debits cards. Thanks for read.fiverrrrrrrr.png.2e44a38273951cd7aa706796a4c4afe5.pngfiverr.png.a89727e89cc75b5903536f6e2728394c.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/30/2024 at 4:19 PM, zyzprod said:

I linked my Fiverr account with Payonerr and Paypal, but when I get the email with an order number, so I can click and open the gig I made, it tells me to charge, when I click on charge it asks me to add a medium. When I want to charge my card it doesn't let me and the assistant on the Fiverr screen doesn't know how to solve my problem.I can't select other options. Someone know something about how i can fix this? If it help, im from Argentina, and living here, for the method pays. Have a Paypal, Payoneer, and debits cards. Thanks for read.

It's a SCAM. Don't do anything on that page. It's a fake page. Look at the URL at the top. Valid Fiverr pages have "fiverr.com" in the URL, not "fiverr.<other site name>.com".

No valid screen on Fiverr has "customer has paid" as the status, with an option to "get funds". You don't need to enter your card info to work on an order. Also don't give your off-site contact details out (eg. email) to any user on the site. It's against Fiverr rules and they could send scam stuff to that email address too if you did. Don't scan any QR codes any user sends you in the Fiverr inbox either.

If you've entered your real card/bank info there, check with your actual bank and let them know what's happened. Try and get any payments from it cancelled/disputed.

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2024 at 11:45 AM, ashrafuliasif said:

Fiverr Visa Card Verify, is it scam?

Hello there, I'am new to fiverr, is it scam?

Screenshot_4.png

On 4/25/2024 at 4:45 PM, ana_tomy said:

Hi @ashrafuliasif, this is a scam so I hope you didn't proceed. Please read our Terms of Service, Community Standards and Forum Rules to get all the information needed for this journey. It will help you stay safe and avoid any violations, as they lead to a restricted/blocked account. Hope this helps and good luck 🍀

I just encountered the same situation. Its email address and link are very strange. I clearly wrote in the gig that I must contact the merchant first to obtain detailed project information. Because I am an operation and maintenance person, although I sometimes take development projects within my capabilities, I focus more on operation and maintenance. So I didn't expect that someone would place an order without being sure whether I can do it. And I can't find any page related to orders on fiverr. Only the mailbox received such suspicious emails. Be careful to enter credit card information because it may cause credit card fraud. In fact, in most cases, credit cards are only used for payment, and rarely used to accept remittances.

• Like 1