New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

I had a few customers to asked me for my Email address or even Whattsap, just to skip paying Fiverr commisions.  With really creative excuses, and more people  than you can imagine.  That, tells a lot about the buyer, Huge red flag.

Edited by chemavilchez
  • Like 11

As far as I know, this is against Fiverr's rules and regulations.

On 9/8/2024 at 12:33 AM, shahnasar said:

For what purpose he is asking for? if there is any solid reason behind this then you can mention it in your conversation with the client when you are given an email address. so, probably fiverr will not restrict your account.

It's too risky though, Isn't it?😕

Why should anyone take such risk when there is even a slides chance of being account restricted?🙄

Sorry if I'm wrong but I don't think it's worth it.🙂

• Like 7

Watch out for this Fiverr scam, especially if you are new to Fiverr

Someone will message you in your inbox requesting your services and they'll say that they have already made the payment for the service and that they need your email. Once they have your email they will give you PHISH emails that they have placed an order and the links on the emails will lead you to a fake Fiverr website where they will ask for your card details to give you the payment, don't give them your details as once they have it they they will start requesting money and pretend that they need the money to verify your bank account, and they'll say that they'll refund you the money after it's been verified but they will NOT!  they will continue requesting money if you've already transferred them and pretend they need it to verify your card . Don't make the same mistake I made and continued on. watch out for this guys. stay safe.

• Like 2

Hello @logoblitz_std 

12 hours ago, logoblitz_std said:

Can some tell me if that's the case or not. Like they need email? 

It is a scam. Please do not share any personal information as it is considered a TOS violation and it may lead to your account restriction. We kindly ask you to report all the users who sent you messages asking you for personal information, such as email, to our Customer Support. Feel free to send an email to support@fiverr.com explaining to them what happened. 

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

Anyone that asks for your contact information, is trying to scam you. NEVER give out your email or contact information regardless of what they say.

The best way to check to see if someone is genuine is to check your stats, which are updated at least once a day. Also, check the person's profile. If they've just created the profile like that day, it's a scam account.

• Like 3