Fast delivery option needs work.

When combined with other extras, the fast delivery option makes no sense.

I had someone place an order the other day with a 30 day delivery. They also ordered two extras that added another 3 days to the delivery. Then, they added fast delivery, which brought the whole order down to 24 hours.

24 hours is fine for the base order but the extras shouldn’t be reduced to nothing. It would be great if a seller could exclude order extra delivery times from being reduced by the fast delivery option, or maybe even allow sellers to specify a separate fast delivery time per extra.

Here’s a simple example:

Let’s say I offer copywriting for 1000 words and can deliver that in a day if the buyer pays extra, but I also want to offer an extra for another 1000 words but can not deliver 2000 words in a day.

In this situation, there’s no way to offer both extras without the chance of a buyer purchasing both and then the seller not being able to deliver on time. In this situation, either the seller needs to offer a fast delivery extra that accommodates enough time to deliver the order, if the buyer purchases every extra at the same time, or they offer it and hope the buyer buys less (which seems a bit silly).

Basically, there isn’t enough nuance in the fast delivery options for sellers.

Thanks

• Like 15

This is much more complex and I don't think they will bring a solution to your problem. Because we have also another problem much more simple to be solved and still there. For example a Gig with 7 days delivery:

01 January - Buyer placed the order
06 January - You made the delivery
09 January - Buyer need approve in 3 days
09 January - Buyer ordered extra gig (+3 days)
10 January - You have 24 hours to delivery, not 3 days

In resume:
- The extra gig (+3 days) starts to count based in the day the order was placed 01 January
- 7 days delivery + 3 days of extra gig, you have until 10 January

This mean you have now 24 hours to work in the extra offer, the solution is simple here, just start to count based on the day the extra offer was placed:

09 January + 3 days = 12 January

• Like 10

4 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

When combined with other extras, the fast delivery option makes no sense.

I've been complaining about issues similar to this for years and they were never implemented so.. try to find ways to solve the issue yourself, that's what I recommend.

What if a buyer orders 20x the gig package and it's 1x the delivery time? There is a system to increase the delivery time based on how many gig packages are purchased, but it's only for voiceovers on the platform, when it clearly makes a lot of sense for writers too. Never implemented. 

The issue you mentioned is the same, people always tend to use extras to try and force you in one way or another. Try to not offer the 24h gig extra, there's no way around it. Otherwise this issue still exists. And also encourage people to talk with you and not place the order directly, say that in gig packages. It will work, sometimes, in my experience. 

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, melanielm said:

Deliver 3 days earlier for $X.

It definitely would. And if you do have a 1-day delivery, make it easy to lock the gig packages. That's what I've been saying for years. Some people don't want to offer any extras, allow the ability to lock gig packages. That way, the buyer knows what he is getting, and there's no misunderstanding.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, mateusbl said:

This is much more complex and I don't think they will bring a solution to your problem. Because we have also another problem much more simple to be solved and still there. For example a Gig with 7 days delivery:

01 January - Buyer placed the order
06 January - You made the delivery
09 January - Buyer need approve in 3 days
09 January - Buyer ordered extra gig (+3 days)
10 January - You have 24 hours to delivery, not 3 days

In resume:
- The extra gig (+3 days) starts to count based in the day the order was placed 01 January
- 7 days delivery + 3 days of extra gig, you have until 10 January

This mean you have now 24 hours to work in the extra offer, the solution is simple here, just start to count based on the day the extra offer was placed:

09 January + 3 days = 12 January

As a new seller, I didn't have any idea about it!
We should have a topic for "first gig management guide" focused on basic and important things like the one above, basically a list of "be aware of..." or "keep in mind..." tips.
Luckily we have this forum which is a nice place to learn platform's things.
Thanks for sharing this!

Edited by edc_lab
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, melanielm said:

It would make much more sense if we could offer a fast-delivery gig extra that subtracted days from the order total.

Deliver 3 days earlier for $X.

This is a fantastic suggestion. So simple, but would totally fix this problem.

• Like 5
  • Up 2