Did I just get scammed?

jouhei

Question

I thought this was a safe site?

I contracted a seller for 150 usd to help spread my campaign. I trusted her because I saw the Fiverr's Choice label on her gig picture. Now, she's gone. And I can't contact her.

Edited by jouhei
  • Like 4

5 answers to this question

Hey there, what exactly do you mean when you say "she's gone"? If you've placed an order with her then you should be able to visit the order page and message her there. It's highly unlikely that the sellers just "disappeared" without delivering or canceling the order. When did you last message the sellers? is the order still active? 

And please remove the seller's name from your post since that goes against the Forum Guidelines. 

• Like 6

Gone as in her gig's now unavailable and she's out of the site! I can't message her. I can't hire her again. She's gone. I'd show screenshots if I could attach them here.

I can't exactly double check her deliverable. I hired her to spread a campaign link. She showed me screenshots. I took a leap of faith. Even gave her a good review. But now she's gone.

It was always a possibility. Her name sounded like a generic one and her English was broken. I'm also new to this site and ignorant of how things work here. But it's disheartening. I only trusted her to that extent because I saw the Fiverr's Choice tag on her Gig. 

I accept responsibility for my own stupidity but shouldn't the site do a better job of scrubbing gigs like that off the ecosystem?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jouhei said:

I can't exactly double check her deliverable. I hired her to spread a campaign link. She showed me screenshots. I took a leap of faith. Even gave her a good review. But now she's gone.

No, you should still be able to check what was delivered.

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010786258-Searching-Your-History

If they did indeed deliver what was agreed upon then there's not much that can be done. You can reach out to support and hopefully, they should be able to help.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, jouhei said:

I thought this was a safe site?

I contracted a seller for 150 usd to help spread my campaign. I trusted her because I saw the Fiverr's Choice label on her gig picture. Now, she's gone. And I can't contact her.

Please reach out to Fiverr Support immediately to explain your situation. The main issue seems to have arisen due to the seller’s unavailability. If the seller had been online, she might have been able to provide the necessary explanation about what she did to promote your campaign. I urge you to remain patient, and I am hopeful that Fiverr Support will be able to assist you as needed.

• Like 4